Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

226 - 250 of 2,829 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Richard F

Feb 12, 2016

Very nice and informative course. A lot of practical examples and inspiration for further use. I missed a bigger final assignment, but then again I assume that is what the capstone project is for. Overall a very good course!

By Jason H

Feb 19, 2018

Really feel like the progression and pace of learning through this whole specialization has equipped me with the tools to continue experimenting and learning how to apply advanced concepts of the basics I have learned here.

By Jennifer D

Jun 17, 2017

This series of courses is fantastic. Just used some of the database tools with Python at work and a customer was so thrilled she asked my boss to make my approach the standard going forward. Looking forward to the Capstone.

By Papi M

Mar 2, 2021

Great course, great instructor! The learning path is perfect to make a personal database in a very short time. I suggest to attend the previous courses of the specialization before this one to fully appreciate the subject.

By Rishabh S

Apr 18, 2020

Enjoyed this course thoroughly. The course content is amazing. Learned a lot. Dr. Chuck is an amazing instructor and makes everything interesting to learn. SQL lite is an amazing tool. Database made easy by Dr. Chuck!!!

By JMF

Aug 21, 2017

Outstanding... just like every other course from Dr. Chuck.

I honestly wasn't sure I'd be able to wrap my brain around the material (databases), and this was presented in a logical way with relevant real-world examples.

By Ryan M

Jan 26, 2016

This course teaches solid fundamentals about using Python to interact with datatbases. It also provides great deal of background information on the wider world of software development and basic database administration.

By Marco M

Apr 5, 2020

This course has been the fourth step in the specialization. It is more about SQL than Python, but it is very useful to get a big picture of what is going on behind the scenes of many web applications.

Thanks Dr. Chuck!

By PRATYASHA S

This course was very helpful for me to have a very good grasp over Python programming. Prof. Chuck is indeed a great teacher helping students to learn from scratch. I am glad I have successfully completed this course.

By IVY Z

Jun 14, 2016

This class was phenomenal. As hard as all the code was, Dr.Chuck made the experience enjoyable and humorous. I would recommend this class to anyone who has all the background knowledge needed to succeed in this class.

By James H

Nov 18, 2016

Great class and Dr. Chuck makes it as fun as can be while keeping it informative. Also the class touches on just enough material so one can learn independent of the course work so you can expand your Python toolbox.

By Anupam K

Sep 15, 2017

This course is excellent for beginners. As said by Dr.Chuck its really a "Personal Data Mining" course, i.e an introduction to what actually happen in Data Mining. Must Recommended for all Data Science enthusiast's.

By Matt L

Jun 9, 2017

This was a very good overview of the material that will jump start you into practical application. Dr. Chuck was entertaining and good at explaining the topics, especially topics like object oriented programming.

By Lucio C

Aug 4, 2016

Very inspiring and helpful teaching materials; I have been following Dr Chuck since course 1. I am loving this course and will continue to follow up courses in Python and courses taught by Dr Chuck in the future.

By Bobbie H

Jan 16, 2016

This course shows off how easy and quickly one can obtain, store, and manipulate data in a database using Python.. Excellent course with rapid learning of material that can be immediately used in the real world.

By Emily U

Dec 15, 2019

This is a great introductory course to understanding databases through the python language. All of Chuck's python courses are the perfect way to lay a foundation of solid understanding in python to build from.

By K. R J

Feb 15, 2016

Did not know how datbases work. Did not know SQL. Prof. Severance, has explained and deconstructed this so well in the lectures with examples that now it does not seem so intimidating. A great course indeed !

By HITEN S

Aug 24, 2019

This course provides me the basic knowledge of databases and their working and really help me to understand how things work in the background of any organization with huge data set. Overall very nice course.

By Kyle T

May 7, 2016

Dr Chuck is an amazing and inspirational teacher I cannot reccommend this course highly enough I have enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you sir for everything you have done to bring education to the masses.

By Chen L J

May 14, 2017

Dr. Charles gives student the whole picture of DB with Python, you can not only learn the DB concept, but also why Python coding does. This is different with other online course that only focuses on coding.

By Michael J

Jul 27, 2020

Exceptional course. Great guidance through the basics of databases, worked examples and challenging assessments. I recommend this course to anyone interested in setting up, or interacting with databases.

By senny

Dec 4, 2017

Very Good Course for getting started with Python. Really shows the ease of python and how quick, we are able to do things with python. Charles is very good in teaching the concepts and loved this course.

By Mobeen A

Jun 4, 2020

Learned a lot in this course i.e OOP, databases fundamentals. That's enough foundation to go advance in this domain. Sir Charles is an amazing and coursera is a great platform to learn. Thanks both! 😊😊

By Michael L

Jun 17, 2017

Excellent course with in depth explanations. It is well structured. It learn to access Data bases from very basics to optimum level. It help me to understand details of using Python to Access

Databases.

By Basant S

Jan 16, 2016

It was a great journey, I learnt a lot in this course and I will continue to learn all of it, many many thanks to Dr. Chuck and the staff, It's a great course, I enjoyed a lot with python and Dr. Chuck.