Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

326 - 350 of 4,131 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Alexander P S

Mar 25, 2019

More interactive assignments leading into the final project would be useful. I needed to resource outside reading to fully understand the final project. However, the final project did force me to develop a much stronger understanding of python code and how it works.

By Stuart S

Mar 25, 2020

I particularly enjoyed using Jupyter notebooks for the labs. It was actually fun to introduce different variables to see what would happen to the output. Plus, it made importing libraries very easy, and helped me better understand them in general, particularly NumPy.

By Senthil K

Oct 22, 2021

I​ really enjoyed the course!!They have put up a lot of efforts to feed the knowledge in us at the easiest level.I would also like to thank coursera for providing the "Financial Aid" which boosts my confidence by acquiring the certificate from the well renowned IBM.

By Uwhojega, O W

This is a great course for a beginner, the illustrations and training are well structured for quicker understanding. The discussion forum allows for effective collaboration with like minds. Overall, the course is a great starting point for data scientist enthusiast.

By Yash K

Jan 4, 2020

The Course is designed and framed in a simplistic and ergonomically way easy to learn and understand.

Quiz questions are completely based on understandings from the course. And finally, the last analysis project gives a complete overview of what you have understood.

By Abilio R D

Oct 17, 2019

It was a good training course, with lots of good materials, visuals, and hands-on exercises. The integration of this course with IBM Watson is definitely an add-value. I did like also the possibility to share my labs to GIT Gist. I really recommend this training.

By Austin L

Jul 24, 2019

Outstanding curation of the material and presentation at a pace that was easy to understand. The optional part of the quiz was very difficult -- why make the user type in so many file names, parameters etc. to generate a URL -- that could all have been automated.

By Radhakrishna k

May 5, 2021

primarily, I should thank Coursera for this opportunity. Great platform to learn python from scratch. moreover, UI is very useful for practical sessions. even though, non-coding background guys can able to understand easily. One of the best learning experiences.

By Patarida K

Sep 15, 2021

It's a complete basic course for data analytic. The exercise is great. The explanation in VDOs is easy to follow an illustrated. I think it is my favourite Python course so far. It helps me understand something that I don't understand from the previous course.

By Sagar G D

Nov 8, 2018

This course gives an perfect introduction to the basics of python for data science with the help of some python packages like numpy,pandas,mathplotlib etc, apart from this the course also gives brief understanding of using if,else,for loop,functions in python.

By 4112_Prasanna_Kukade -

Jun 2, 2021

Great course! practical oriented via skills network lab. Labs provides hands-on experience to apply and test what you have learnt. I liked quizzes that keep me attentive during the videos.

Undoubtedly it was a great experience to learn python with this course.

By Suraj S

Apr 5, 2020

Code is beautifully explained, Skill cloud lab is amazing to work upon. I can use jupyter notebook and Turi whenever I want to. I had a major problem installing Turi in my windows platfrom, version and resources never matched. Thank you IBM for this platform.

By André K

Never learned so much things in so short time. Thanks to the instructors for the amazing course and didatics used. The animations explaining each concept in each class was the cherry on top of it. Impossible not to understand. You're the best teachers ever.

By Massimiliano B

Apr 21, 2020

Very interesting. Adequate level to start using python.

The only section that I found less interesting was the section on APIs, the description of the code for the connection with the service providers was a little bit confusing.

Overall excellent course!

By Kevin D

Apr 17, 2021

Excellent. I taught me things which I didn't know existed, haha! I am very grateful for the teachers at IBM for compiling the course material in such a graspable manner. There is a long way still to go. I hope to see you soon. Thank you once again. :)

By Mike N

Apr 20, 2020

Having taking the Machine Learning Coursera from Univ. of Washington, I left this was a much better explained and presented course explaining the information behind what was taught quite well. I could recommend this course to new Python programmers.

By Rohit P

Dec 26, 2019

It was a good experience to learn and get to know about the Python for Data science through the medium Coursera. I confidently say that I am conversant in this field and I will definitely get the golden opportunity to be a part of the Data Scientist.

By Dustin R

Oct 12, 2019

Excellent course. This course teaches plenty about the introduction to using common data science analysis tools like Python. Anyone would benefit from taking this course and learning to use amazing frameworks like Python's pandas or numpy frameworks.

By Nicole D

Apr 5, 2020

This course as part of the IBM Data Science Professional specialisation is a great way to learn foundational Python skills for applying in data analysis and AI. The resources provided by IBM offer a great opportunity to practice on your own time.

By Herick M

Nov 24, 2020

Thanks for the excellent course, I learned a lot from your magnificent teaching and, until now, it was the best course I took and the one I learned the most. I will look for more IBM courses to be able to take and learn from you, thanks teachers.

By Munir N

Oct 11, 2019

It was good experience of learning, the way course has been designed and very good point is the interactive part, where immediately there is question answer session.

Specially the course content and gradually moving towards detail, i like that!

By Facundo J M M

Jun 9, 2019

Muy buen curso. Es totalmente disruptivo e innovador.

Recomiendo a cualquiera que quiera iniciarse en la temática.

Como estudiante de Ingeniería Industrial, es de gran ayuda tanto como para complementar estudios, como para explotar nuevos rubros.

By Jurom N

Jan 17, 2020

The course was very knowledge-enriching and easy to follow. Most of the concepts in Python necessary for Data Science were covered, and examples were practical. Videos were also explained very well, and the exams were really highly thought-of.

By Yuting

Nov 7, 2019

Easy to understand, this course is very suitable for beginners.

Quickly understand the basic syntax of Python and interesting IBM cloud, and the labs provided.

There are many very good practice questions to help students understand the content.

By Mohamad A H

Jun 14, 2019

A bit slow for me in the beginning since I've had experience with other languages but would defintely benefit anyone new to programming in general.It picks up at week 3 and I learned ALOT specially about Pandas and Numpy.

Great course overall