Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

426 - 450 of 4,100 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Alexandre N

Dec 21, 2020

I understand this is an introductory course and so it does not intend to delve into details but I would definitely try to give it more substance by incorporating more about libraries

By Darlington H

Jun 30, 2020

The material is presented in a gradual build-up manner which makes it easy. The assignment filled my mind with lots of possibilities of where the material I have learned can take me.

By Surbhi A

Nov 23, 2019

Excellent beginner program.

When reviewing peers, prompt that opens for peers answer should be zoomable. I was having difficulty in viewing the answer. Or should open in another link.

By Akash J G

Jul 14, 2019

It was a very good course for me which helped me for learning basic python programming for data science and AI.Thank You coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn this course.

By Jesús R P

Dec 26, 2020

Thanks, sharing your knowledge. It's a wonderful course for beginners that introduces you to the Python and Data Science world. For me, the exercises are very adjusted to the level.

By Rishikesh r

Mar 29, 2019

well truly speaking , my experience will learning python at coursera was awesome and i enjoyed a lot .

they provieded such a big platform which I was wondring for .

By LIU L

Dec 11, 2018

Different concepts have been explained very clear in this course, like list, set, dictionary, object and class. Last time I was quite confused about all these, now I am quite clear.

By Sachin T

Aug 23, 2021

Excellent course for any new comer to the Python world . Examples and hands on practice makes you feel at easy and connect to the next section is also very smooth .

Thanks team !!!

By Vishal R

May 4, 2020

Overall good learning.

The final assignment(peer-graded) could have been made more exhaustive.

There were many things we learned during the course but End assignment was too simple.

By Prateek A

Perfect for students starting their career in Data Science, also much emphasis is given on Application.

The last assignment which was given was fantastic! Really liked the content.

By Gustave M

Excellent fundamentals! Even with years of programming, I learned some of the things I had grossed over--those things you can know but not with intuition if you know what I mean.

By WAI S W W

Mar 22, 2020

I really enjoying studying this course and was highly engaged in each week's course materials. I hope coursera can provide a complete set of the materials in slides (PPT or PDF).

By Sai k

Dec 22, 2019

When you try to do what you have learned by videos in lab then this is very good start for beginners, in fact this is the best way to learn python language quickly. Solid course!

By BODDU P K

Oct 11, 2018

The course is really is very good.I would like to go with this course for beginners especially for beginners as it provides much of python basics which is needed for data science.

By Sounak S

Sep 2, 2021

I have been doing Python now for a long time and I find this course a well decorated introductory course for those who are starting their careers in Data Science( including me ).

By Cameron S

Feb 12, 2020

I found the

final lab challenging and a great opportunity to apply what I learnt . Practical and interesting. Feel as though I have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

By Rakshit K

Jul 5, 2019

The course covers basics of the Python required for Data science in good manner. You would need to have good practice, to clear the exam and it is designed in a very great manner

By Bernard E

Jul 5, 2019

Thanks for the challenging Final Project. I learned a lot more than I expected from this course. The Final Project presented a few items that required me to expand my thinking.

By Aditya C

Apr 13, 2019

A good course which introduces us to the beginner modules of python. The final project also makes us use the introduced concepts and serves the purpose of being a building block.

By Carlos J B A

Jan 8, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Pattadon N

Jul 28, 2021

T​his course gives such a good experience for learning python, pandas and data science. The assignment shows how data science can be applied to the real world. I like it a lot!!

By Ruiming Y

Apr 4, 2021

A little bit hard for someone like me who has never written a code in Python. The exercise in the lab is really challenging but great for getting started in Python. Nice course!

By Rohit K

Jun 30, 2020

it's really awsome course for beginners i learned basic python from this course which is helping to build mini project so thank you coursera and all the teacher thanku so much

By Vivek N

The course is well planned and taught with videos explaining the concepts and code briefly such that, the learner has a prior idea while practicing using the notebook lab file.

By Bobby K

Really well presented. As an experienced engineer, it was just what I needed to pick up Python but I imagine it can work for beginners too with a bit more homework and research