Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

HM

Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA

May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

451 - 475 of 4,447 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Eduardo R H

Apr 14, 2021

Great introductory-intermediate course for python. With the notes and working lab on JupyterLab, you can make your own custom exercises or projects for academic or professional purposes.

By Paul C P L

Aug 13, 2020

I'm very impressed with the clear instructions given. At some points, I got anxious but it does not take long before I realised the information or data I need is there. Great job Joseph!

By Priyansh A

May 13, 2020

this is good for those people who wants to understand the basic of python,numpy,pandas and file handling.you also get knowledge of IBM watson cloud service and get the knowledge of API .

By Anelyse D

Sep 15, 2019

They teach basic steps in python, also using the library panda and numpy. The classes are very well organized. I wish they could disponibilize and pdf material to review when necessary.t

By Marius-Liviu B

Dec 15, 2021

I've enjoyed the videos, reading, quizzes and the integration with IBM cloud. I found it useful not only as course for learning Python but rather as a tool to apply my Python knowledge.

By amit a

Aug 31, 2020

I have learned syntax and the basic technique to deal with data-frame . It is very nice introduction to data science world . I am very thankful to instructor Joseph Santarcangelo Sir

By Emilio B R

May 8, 2020

Buen curso si no tienes nada de conocimientos de Python. Muy básico y bien explicado. Para mí ha sido demasiado fácil ya que tenía bastantes conocimientos previos. Aún así recomendable.

By Todd J

Sep 19, 2018

Great introduction to Python. Obviously this course couldn't teach you everything about Python, but had just enough information to get you started and peek your interest to learn more.

By Mahesh Y V

Aug 26, 2020

This is one of the finest and best courses to be enrolled and get started to pursue our careers as Data Scientist ,Absolutely loved it ,and its very interactive in terms of everything

By Tosin O

Oct 27, 2019

The course address the basic python for data science and AI. It laid down a solid foundation to build on in the journey of becoming a professional data scientist in the nearest future.

By Guillermo M M

Jul 25, 2018

It was a good introduction to Python for Data Science, it can feel a little bit simple if you already know Python, but it is good to remember some core concepts and to get into pandas.

By Abhishek J

Apr 10, 2020

it was great course to do i was so addicted i was just completing it fast without taking break. i think i hopefully done good job to join this course and use this time for this course

By Alexandre N

Dec 21, 2020

I understand this is an introductory course and so it does not intend to delve into details but I would definitely try to give it more substance by incorporating more about libraries

By Darlington H

Jun 30, 2020

The material is presented in a gradual build-up manner which makes it easy. The assignment filled my mind with lots of possibilities of where the material I have learned can take me.

By Surbhi A

Nov 23, 2019

Excellent beginner program.

When reviewing peers, prompt that opens for peers answer should be zoomable. I was having difficulty in viewing the answer. Or should open in another link.

By Akash J G

Jul 14, 2019

It was a very good course for me which helped me for learning basic python programming for data science and AI.Thank You coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn this course.

By Jesús R P

Dec 26, 2020

Thanks, sharing your knowledge. It's a wonderful course for beginners that introduces you to the Python and Data Science world. For me, the exercises are very adjusted to the level.

By Rishikesh r

Mar 29, 2019

well truly speaking , my experience will learning python at coursera was awesome and i enjoyed a lot .

they provieded such a big platform which I was wondring for .

By LIU L

Dec 11, 2018

Different concepts have been explained very clear in this course, like list, set, dictionary, object and class. Last time I was quite confused about all these, now I am quite clear.

By Sachin T

Aug 23, 2021

Excellent course for any new comer to the Python world . Examples and hands on practice makes you feel at easy and connect to the next section is also very smooth .

Thanks team !!!

By Vishal R

May 4, 2020

Overall good learning.

The final assignment(peer-graded) could have been made more exhaustive.

There were many things we learned during the course but End assignment was too simple.

By Prateek A

Perfect for students starting their career in Data Science, also much emphasis is given on Application.

The last assignment which was given was fantastic! Really liked the content.

By Gustave M

Excellent fundamentals! Even with years of programming, I learned some of the things I had grossed over--those things you can know but not with intuition if you know what I mean.

By WAI S W W

Mar 22, 2020

I really enjoying studying this course and was highly engaged in each week's course materials. I hope coursera can provide a complete set of the materials in slides (PPT or PDF).

By Sai k

Dec 22, 2019

When you try to do what you have learned by videos in lab then this is very good start for beginners, in fact this is the best way to learn python language quickly. Solid course!