Back to Data Visualization with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Python by IBM

"A picture is worth a thousand words". We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data. One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way. Learning how to leverage a software tool to visualize data will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions. The main goal of this Data Visualization with Python course is to teach you how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people. Various techniques have been developed for presenting data visually but in this course, we will be using several data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

Nov 21, 2019

It's a really great course with proper hands on time and the assignments are great too. i got enough opportunity to explore the things which were taught in the course. Really Satisfied. Thanks :)

RS

Jan 08, 2020

This course gives very well knowledge about different types of visualization techniques and helps to start with visualization. Coursera provided an amazing course with an amazing instructor.

126 - 150 of 1,058 Reviews for Data Visualization with Python

By Rafed A

Feb 23, 2020

Bad instruction to finish the assignment and not enough tools to get the objective done

By Cedrick N

Oct 30, 2019

I spent more time searching online for answers than I did going through this course.

By Ali A

Sep 05, 2018

It was so shallow. Just mentioned everything without going a little bit deeper.

By James M

Just Awful. Test is nothing like the practice modules. Very poorly done.

By Michael W K

Mar 10, 2020

Many technical issues with the course material that are outright ignored.

By Daniel Ș

Dec 26, 2019

Many technical issues with the final project and no one cares...

By Nilay M

Taught Too less. Asked too much during the Final Exam

By Leif

Jan 09, 2020

Awful. You don't learn anything you're tested on.

By Michael R

Aug 31, 2018

No support from moderators, plenty of typos.

By prattya d

Aug 03, 2018

Very few guidelines to complete assignments

By Federico D

Oct 14, 2019

Really bad course: too much redundance

By vicky t

Jul 24, 2019

worst course please update the lab pls

By Gaurav R B

Jan 08, 2020

Course is not organized properly

By Slim S

Apr 02, 2020

very bad course

By Imtiaj A C

Apr 27, 2020

I have done other 2 courses in this specialization....but frankly speaking, this course was far better than those....the type of things that we handled in the lab was very interesting and also intriguing....in other courses, the labs were just about the same as the video lectures....no new things except one or two....but here, they were very thorough and we learnt a great deal of things outside of the video lectures.....

About the final assignment, i thought it would be boring and very noobish as i experienced in other two course....but to my surprise it was so great....it just put what i learnt in this course to a test and i had to do everything by myself....it was quite unlike the other ones where i was baby-fed by giving most of the code in a notebook and completing the rest which was so easy that it rarely felt like an assignment let alone the final one.....

And that is why loved this course very much.....about the labs, about what i learnt and about the final assignment....i genuinely think these are gonna help me to accomplish my goal for what i took this course....

And i would like to request the course instructors and maintainers to make other courses in this specialization like this one especially the labs and final assignment.

By Alex J C

Jul 11, 2020

I started, stopped, started, stopped, and started and finished this course. Partly because my job got demanding and I had to pause; partly because some of the concepts in this course weren't always clear the first time I looked at them. It was when I needed to create charts for my job and I was actually working with Python to do those assignments that the concepts in this course finally clicked. Once they did, I was able to push past the finish line.

With this happening, I remembered the important truth of coding skill: it's like a muscle. It only grows when you exercise it. That said, I wish this course offered more exercises (perhaps ungraded FYI exercises, or expanded lab work) in creating various charts.

The maps section rocked! That was, I think, my favorite part of the course, especially when creating the choropleth map for crime in San Francisco. I remember when I did GIS projects in my work 25 years ago, when specialized software ($15,000 - $20,000 per license) was required. Now, in just lines of Python code, you can create an even more precise map. Once I complete my certificate for data science in Python, I will be looking for GIS courses available at Coursera!

By Rohit B

Mar 06, 2020

The course really highlights the power of Python's visualisation. It is really cool to see the charts as well as map functionality that comes free with Python. With some basic programming experience, far more powerful visuals can be created than some very high-end off the shelf programs. I really liked the features such as Word Cloud as well as Choropleth maps.

Improvements:

1 The videos can be a trimmed a bit - Almost every video re-iterated the data cleanup exercise, which got repeatitive after the first 2 videos.

2 More examples of map related lab exercises would be very helpful for those like me who want to delve into this further.

By Dr_G@ur

Jul 23, 2020

Powered by detail-oriented labs, this course amazes the learners with what can be achieved using Visualization libraries. The course beautifully covers all the plots used by Data Scientists in day-to-day life along with their variations. Going through this course, the learner takes a step towards mastering the art of storytelling, something expected of a good Data Scientist. Nowhere you would feel that prior knowlegde of Visualization is necessary to assimilate the concepts taught.

Lectures are great and so are the videos. The team really must have worked hard to make this course interesting. Loved it!

By Рашид У

May 23, 2020

Жаль, что я не начал знакомство с Python вообще, и с данной темой в частности, с данного курса. Но лучше поздно чем никогда . Все курсы данной специализации от IBM заслуживают высшей оценки - такой проработанной подачи материала, такого уровня подготовки я не встречал.

Все курсы из данной специализации - это готовые методички, которые можно потом использовать в повседневной работе. Ничего лишнего, всё по делу. Спасибо всем, кто принимал участие в создании курсов данной специализации от IBM - я восхищен!

By Hoang V A

Sep 19, 2018

The course is great , especially with the support of the instructor. However, because we do not have solutions for final assignment, I do not know whether my code/code structure was appropriate, efficient, effective, smart, tidy even the result was correct. Code structures also my concern. I coded 5-6 lines, steps to get the correct result while others may use only 1 line to get one. That's really matter i think so.

Thanks anyway.

By Md. A A J

Apr 11, 2020

This course focused on hands on examples for practicing Matplotlib and python on IBM cognitive lab for data visualization using different tools. Also all videos and lecturers made are great and helpful to show graph, plot , charts and maps. The course contents are clear, precise and lecturer is very knowledgeable.

Joining and getting help from course mates and moderates in discussion forum is Excellent!

Ashfaque A. Joarder

By Rahul B

Jun 21, 2020

Firstly, I want to thank wholeheartedly to the instructor Alex Akson sir, all the lab sessions were great. The content was very elegantly balanced as it was neither hard nor easy, I feel like I learnt a lot of things. The explanation of every plot/topic was very easy . Final assignment took a little bit more time but it was totally worth it. Thank you again for teaching this course. I appreciate all your efforts.