Back to Data Visualization with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Python by IBM

"A picture is worth a thousand words". We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data. One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way. Learning how to leverage a software tool to visualize data will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions. The main goal of this Data Visualization with Python course is to teach you how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people. Various techniques have been developed for presenting data visually but in this course, we will be using several data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

Nov 21, 2019

It's a really great course with proper hands on time and the assignments are great too. i got enough opportunity to explore the things which were taught in the course. Really Satisfied. Thanks :)

RS

Jan 08, 2020

This course gives very well knowledge about different types of visualization techniques and helps to start with visualization. Coursera provided an amazing course with an amazing instructor.

151 - 175 of 1,063 Reviews for Data Visualization with Python

By Rahul B

Jun 21, 2020

Firstly, I want to thank wholeheartedly to the instructor Alex Akson sir, all the lab sessions were great. The content was very elegantly balanced as it was neither hard nor easy, I feel like I learnt a lot of things. The explanation of every plot/topic was very easy . Final assignment took a little bit more time but it was totally worth it. Thank you again for teaching this course. I appreciate all your efforts.

By Deborah B

Aug 12, 2019

This course was fun, interesting and challenging. The final assessment was a true challenge because it require a combination of materials that were covered in the course, but also required a bit of additional information and expertise as well. Finishing those assignments gave me much more confidence in my ability to perform these kinds of assignments in real engagements and assignments.

By Pola A N J

Apr 12, 2020

One of the best courses in the certification. The assignment is tougher than previous courses and that is one of the reasons I loved the course. Also, the labs are very well structured and presented. Gives a nice overview of Pandas in the 1st lab.

Overall, I think this instructor is very good at communicating his ideas and has a good grasp on what his teaching goal and methodology.

By Maximiliano E

Jun 24, 2020

I thought this course was a bit tough but still very interesting. I gained lots of insights and ideas on Data Visualization methodology and techniques and I am looking forward to applying this knowledge going forward. Recommended course if you want to get good insight and ideas on how to work with data viz and how to prepare the data in order to present it more professional.

By Michio S

Jul 03, 2020

In this IBM program, the discussion forum is well managed.

Whenever I posted my questions, I got help from teaching staff.

Although there is a variability in response time, they responded to all my questions.

Thanks to that, I managed to pass this course with 100% grading.

Especially, I want to give a good credit to Lakshmi Holla for mentoring the students including me.

Thanks

By Nataliia O

Apr 18, 2020

Thanks to instructors. But as always a few improvements are possible. 1) Personally I missed the voice of the speaker from previous 2 courses. 2) I think that extra quizes inside the lessons will be very useful - Don't hesitate to add more tasks for students as intermediate progress assessment.

Anyway, I gained a valuable Data Vis experience from this course. Thanks!

By Mats B F

There were some issues I spent a lot of time on in the final assessment. The first was loading the file into the notebook. The second was troubleshooting the choropleth map. I had written the key_on code slightly wrong. You can consider explaining in some more detail how to upload files - and also the code you use - !get.

The course was all in all very interesting.

By Senthamizhan V

Jul 02, 2019

I thought the syllabus will cover only matplotlib and seaborn. I didn't expect to learn geospatial data visualization in this course. I learnt a great deal about folium and it's versatility. I feel it's a great addition to the course. Such modules will enable aspiring data scientists to expand their domain knowledge and excel in unorthodox data science areas.

By Toby O

Nov 14, 2018

Not sure if the creator gave enough tips and tricks to help provide solutions for the final assignment. I had to use alternate solutions not provided.

The examples given are good but quite simple in places, and only work in specific circumstances. This may be because there are simply too many solutions to go through in this short course.

By Eleni K

Mar 31, 2019

While the course's material is very interesting and extremely helpful, there is a vast variety of different ways to visualisation and I'm afraid I had to search google for most of the last assignment's requirements.

I believe three weeks is not enough and there should be more exercises in this course. Other than that it was a thrill :)

By Eric H

Dec 19, 2018

The Data Visualization with Python course is really outstanding when compared to the others in this specialization. Alex is doing a great job explaining, the slides and examples are comprehensive, yet easily digestable. The in-depth exercises are the best in the whole specialization, quite challenging and therefore very effective.

By Cassandra d C

Apr 26, 2020

The first properly challenging course I've encountered on Coursera and I loved every bit of it. I have an engineering background and I loved having to look for the answers on the internet and in the documentation. It wasn't simply spoonfed to me. If you pass this course, you will definitely gain proficiency in this subject!

By Himanshu P

Dec 28, 2019

Truly Awesome, I get a in-depth knowledge in this specialization and just precise content as well up to date. Correct combination of theory and explanation in detail then practical lab over recent topic covered then Project in each topic. Also final Capstone project is really rigorous. Thanks to Instructor and Coursera.

By Orsolya N

Jul 25, 2020

I completed this course as part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and it was by far the best (so far, I have one more left). The videos were short and easy to understand, the labs were on point and many additional resources were offered. The instructor did a really good job when putting this together.

By Colton R

Sep 07, 2018

A well done course that really gives a decent overview and exposure to the python tools for data visualization. Although the projects take a bit of extra self studying and research to complete, the course provides a majority of other good sources to continue your understanding of the material beyond the lectures.

By Abishek M V

Apr 26, 2020

Though the course videos were short, giving an introduction to how different charts look and to plot them, the lab sessions were the best and gave a plethora of information on data visualization. Also, I am glad that they included the folium part of the course in the assignments which were very well formed.

By Agalakov S

Apr 17, 2020

Nice lecturer and useful tools. This course was really interesting though pretty hard for me. Sadly at the end of the course I didn't feel that I gained enough skills to do the lab easily but maybe it just me. Anyway I ll definetely return to this course again to get the better understanding of some topics.

By Daniel R

Apr 07, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! The labs used interesting, real-life data and did a good job explaining the purpose of each line of code in an easy-to-understand way. I appreciated the questions in the lab because they built on and stretched my understanding of Python from past courses. Thank you, Alex.

By Jason J D

Sep 15, 2019

Really nice course. This course has helped me build up a number of Data Visualization skills, and I am able to draw meaning and conclusions from data easily and much faster. The course labs are excellent and the final assignment was a good way to test the skills that I developed during this course!

By Siwei L

Feb 20, 2020

I feel this is harder than the other ones in the series, sometimes you need to google a little bit to figure it out.

I spend more time for a week, but I wonder why I have to do it in Python. I learn Python just for faster loops than R. Personally I think R need less coding and produce better graphs.

By Leonardo I

Jun 29, 2019

This is a very enjoyable course, even though I was familiar with most of the tools, I still got to learn a few new tricks. If you are not familiar with programming, you might find the final assignment a bit challenging. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you take the course labs very seriously.

By Rakshit K

Jul 23, 2019

Course is really good to learn all the fundamentals of data visualization along with the advance techniques to master it. Assignments and practices are designed very well by the instructors and you would have to put all your efforts to understand and master all the course. Kudos to the IBM team

By Mathijs d G

Jul 21, 2020

Best course so far in the series. The labs are great, they make you really apply what you've learned.

The final assignment is a true test of your skill. You can't repeat what you've done in the labs or what you've seen in the videos. Perfect test of skill. I've learned a lot.

Thanks Alex Aklson.

By aims

Mar 19, 2020

The final assignment is excellent! It is not just straightforward but requires us to think and research, go beyond the basics learnt in this course. Amazing course! Just the right amount of videos, simple labs, and challenging yet effective assignment, I learnt a lot! Thank you Alex Aklson <3

By 朱晓琳

Apr 02, 2019

This course consist of most of plotting types with python, it's not only about matplotlib, but addtional tools and methods to create maps. It gives you a fabulous understanding about visualization using python. Completing this course, you will be able to demonstrate the data in ways you want.