Back to Data Visualization with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Python by IBM

"A picture is worth a thousand words". We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data. One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way. Learning how to leverage a software tool to visualize data will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions. The main goal of this Data Visualization with Python course is to teach you how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people. Various techniques have been developed for presenting data visually but in this course, we will be using several data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

Nov 21, 2019

It's a really great course with proper hands on time and the assignments are great too. i got enough opportunity to explore the things which were taught in the course. Really Satisfied. Thanks :)

RS

Jan 08, 2020

This course gives very well knowledge about different types of visualization techniques and helps to start with visualization. Coursera provided an amazing course with an amazing instructor.

176 - 200 of 1,058 Reviews for Data Visualization with Python

By Gilberto B L

Mar 07, 2019

It was very good and interesting how to create different kinds of maps for different purposes, specially I liked the maps that you can embed in an image like the wordcloud using a mask from Alice in Wonderland, I will try to do something similar with another topic. Thank you very much.

By Ira d G

Jul 13, 2020

I appreciate the way the Instructor always (always!) refer back to previous lessons, so that the transition to the next lesson becomes seamless. The lab also reviews past exercises so you are not at a lost (especially if you have not gone through the course for a while).

By Prabhakaran E

Mar 15, 2020

Content wise, the best course in IBM Data Science Professional Certificate, as the quiz, lab and assignment modules really tests your knowledge. It made me learn a lot apart from course content to earn the course completion. Kudos to the content creators Jay and Alex.

By Hong-ki L

Apr 29, 2019

As I have no coding experience, it is hard for me to follow the course material. To finish the assignment, one have to repeat the exercises in the labs until one has everything understood and remembered. Not a easy course but it gave me a sense of fulfillments.

By Thibault M

Dec 04, 2019

Excellent, this is a great course introducing and teaching visualization !

PS : You might read about people telling that some of the materials in the assignment is not in the course. It's false it's in the lab. These people should take notes while working.

By Manish P

Excellent Course. I would recommend that the first week of this course be included in the introductory courses in Panda analysis. It will allow the student to really see the value of Pandas over an Excel and provide more of a boost to learn quickly.

By Anthony T

Jan 30, 2020

a great course, data visualization is one of the topics that draws many people into the field of Data Science. I found it to be a very interesting course, one whose lessons I will return to often as I continue to build my knowledge and experience

By Atikah F

At first I thought this course was the easiest among the 4 courses in this specialization. Turned out this course was the hardest but also worth spending time on because I have learned lots of applicable knowledge. Thank you Coursera and IBM!

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Javed A

Oct 22, 2019

What an outstanding way to learn such crucial skills from the world's best platform of Coursera.

I am feeling really proud to complete the course.

IBM Skills network labs are just speechless.

Jupyter notebook is just an amazing tool.

By George R

Jan 27, 2020

It was one of the better courses in this data science professional certificate. I like that the datasets didn't come prepared in advance in the lab exercises and I had to do some work on the on the data before creating the charts.

By Matthew W

Mar 14, 2019

I felt this was hard. I realized this particular course forced me to review on how I needed to develop the mind set to become a data analyst and software developer. This class force me to learn more and keep going forward. Thanks

By Lingjun K

May 12, 2019

I feel grateful for the challenge in the final assignment which help me to grasp the necessary skill sets in a way of learning while doing; a great experience good for the growth of both technique capacity and mental strength.

By Simran P S

Jan 19, 2020

interesting course, but i really faced a challenge doing the assignment, i guess it would be better if assignment questions were covered in Labs session also. The assignment was over the top, and tougher to get it correct.

By Saravanan S

May 16, 2020

This course is a foundation for those who wants to master data visualization. All the video modules are short and crisp. The lab sessions are very good and explanatory too and covered all the concepts comes under a topic.

By Ashutosh P

May 21, 2019

Best course for understanding the data visualization libraries of python and easily elaborate by sir. Thank you sir for this course, great experience to solve lab practical problems and quizzes and all. Thanks a lot sir.

By Nur C N

Jul 17, 2019

I really love this course, the instructor really provide clear explanation, give enough example, provide comment in each code to give more description, and more importantly the task difficulty is enough challenging.

By Sudeepa N

Nov 02, 2019

The course is great. Covered all most all the aspects. Little suggestion. Please force the students to add the notebook url for the final submission. That could help to preserve the integrity of the course. Thanks.

By Dhruv S

Apr 17, 2020

really loved this course, top notch material.. rushed a bit towards the end.. but it covered so much ground.. thanks again for the wonderful walkthroughs.. pretty self explanatory on its own. best regards, dhruv

By Alexey E S

Feb 17, 2019

Thank you so much for the course! This one is the best out of all series! It is a pleasure to learn with you! Labs are fantastic! Really, I spent a lot of time on them. Course is really exciting and insightful.

By Peter A

Nov 04, 2019

Excellent class. The instructor Alex Aklson uses a very methodical approach when introducing each topic.

It was very refreshing to see that the coursework did not have errors which makes it difficult to learn,

By SAKTHIVEL G

Mar 04, 2020

Started of with very basic visualizations and ended up making a real time view super imposed on WORLD MAP. Never thought I would work on these examples before starting this course.

Kudos to the instructor.

By Loïc B

Sep 19, 2018

Great course.

I struggled a lot on the bar chart assignement and spent a lot of time reading documentatation. but it was a good practice and helped me get into the right mindset. Thanks for this course!

By LEOPOLDO S

Nov 28, 2018

The course with the IBM Lab is a very good way to learn and practice. The tools we've learned in this module can supply a good material to enrich all data work that need to be presented in a nice way.

By anubhavbbd

Apr 01, 2020

This course was really interesting and it was great learning experience.A big thanks to a instructor.

I got to know new things like folium library (most interesting library of python according to me)