Back to Data Visualization with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Python by IBM

"A picture is worth a thousand words". We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data. One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way. Learning how to leverage a software tool to visualize data will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions. The main goal of this Data Visualization with Python course is to teach you how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people. Various techniques have been developed for presenting data visually but in this course, we will be using several data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

AM
Aug 13, 2020

Great course, one of the best course to get hands-on learning for Data Visualization with Python. Particularly the lap exercise, it will make you think on every line of code you write. Excellent!!!

Nov 20, 2019

It's a really great course with proper hands on time and the assignments are great too. i got enough opportunity to explore the things which were taught in the course. Really Satisfied. Thanks :)

176 - 200 of 1,222 Reviews for Data Visualization with Python

By Senthamizhan V

Jul 2, 2019

I thought the syllabus will cover only matplotlib and seaborn. I didn't expect to learn geospatial data visualization in this course. I learnt a great deal about folium and it's versatility. I feel it's a great addition to the course. Such modules will enable aspiring data scientists to expand their domain knowledge and excel in unorthodox data science areas.

By Toby O

Nov 14, 2018

Not sure if the creator gave enough tips and tricks to help provide solutions for the final assignment. I had to use alternate solutions not provided.

The examples given are good but quite simple in places, and only work in specific circumstances. This may be because there are simply too many solutions to go through in this short course.

By Eleni K

Mar 31, 2019

While the course's material is very interesting and extremely helpful, there is a vast variety of different ways to visualisation and I'm afraid I had to search google for most of the last assignment's requirements.

I believe three weeks is not enough and there should be more exercises in this course. Other than that it was a thrill :)

By Eric H

Dec 19, 2018

The Data Visualization with Python course is really outstanding when compared to the others in this specialization. Alex is doing a great job explaining, the slides and examples are comprehensive, yet easily digestable. The in-depth exercises are the best in the whole specialization, quite challenging and therefore very effective.

By Sumanta S

Sep 12, 2020

This course outlines the importance of Visualization and where and how to use different type of representation such as Bar Graph, Area plot, Pie chart Scatter Plot, Box plot and others. The course also introduces to use of Plots to show Geo spatial data. and also introduces one to the different libraries used for plotting. .

By Cassandra d C

Apr 26, 2020

The first properly challenging course I've encountered on Coursera and I loved every bit of it. I have an engineering background and I loved having to look for the answers on the internet and in the documentation. It wasn't simply spoonfed to me. If you pass this course, you will definitely gain proficiency in this subject!

By Himanshu P

Dec 28, 2019

Truly Awesome, I get a in-depth knowledge in this specialization and just precise content as well up to date. Correct combination of theory and explanation in detail then practical lab over recent topic covered then Project in each topic. Also final Capstone project is really rigorous. Thanks to Instructor and Coursera.

By Orsolya N

Jul 25, 2020

I completed this course as part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and it was by far the best (so far, I have one more left). The videos were short and easy to understand, the labs were on point and many additional resources were offered. The instructor did a really good job when putting this together.

By Colton R

Sep 7, 2018

A well done course that really gives a decent overview and exposure to the python tools for data visualization. Although the projects take a bit of extra self studying and research to complete, the course provides a majority of other good sources to continue your understanding of the material beyond the lectures.

By Vagner M

Sep 8, 2020

Very interesting course and a must take for people interested in learning powerful techniques with Python's Panda, Matplotlib and other libraries. At the end of the course, you will feel confident reading, manipulating and displaying data analysis in a wide array of graphs, charts and other stunning visual media.

By Fernando N F R

Dec 27, 2020

I was a very difficult course for me but it was very instructive, I understood some of my weakness in Python and OOP so I need to work on that, now I know data visualization is a major topic in DS.

By the way, Google was a very useful tool to review new concepts for me and get ideas how to approach the problems.

By Melpo W

Aug 14, 2020

Using python to create graphs and charts is very simple and easy, once u remember all the basic and keep trying. It seems to me that it is easier than any other reporting tools I used before. It is great that I know where to find the tool to create these charts and graphs if I need to prepare presentation. :)

By Abishek M V

Apr 26, 2020

Though the course videos were short, giving an introduction to how different charts look and to plot them, the lab sessions were the best and gave a plethora of information on data visualization. Also, I am glad that they included the folium part of the course in the assignments which were very well formed.

By Agalakov S

Apr 17, 2020

Nice lecturer and useful tools. This course was really interesting though pretty hard for me. Sadly at the end of the course I didn't feel that I gained enough skills to do the lab easily but maybe it just me. Anyway I ll definetely return to this course again to get the better understanding of some topics.

By Daniel R

Apr 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! The labs used interesting, real-life data and did a good job explaining the purpose of each line of code in an easy-to-understand way. I appreciated the questions in the lab because they built on and stretched my understanding of Python from past courses. Thank you, Alex.

By Jason J D

Sep 15, 2019

Really nice course. This course has helped me build up a number of Data Visualization skills, and I am able to draw meaning and conclusions from data easily and much faster. The course labs are excellent and the final assignment was a good way to test the skills that I developed during this course!

By Siwei L

Feb 19, 2020

I feel this is harder than the other ones in the series, sometimes you need to google a little bit to figure it out.

I spend more time for a week, but I wonder why I have to do it in Python. I learn Python just for faster loops than R. Personally I think R need less coding and produce better graphs.

By Leonardo I

Jun 29, 2019

This is a very enjoyable course, even though I was familiar with most of the tools, I still got to learn a few new tricks. If you are not familiar with programming, you might find the final assignment a bit challenging. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you take the course labs very seriously.

By Rakshit K

Jul 22, 2019

Course is really good to learn all the fundamentals of data visualization along with the advance techniques to master it. Assignments and practices are designed very well by the instructors and you would have to put all your efforts to understand and master all the course. Kudos to the IBM team

By Mathijs d G

Jul 21, 2020

Best course so far in the series. The labs are great, they make you really apply what you've learned.

The final assignment is a true test of your skill. You can't repeat what you've done in the labs or what you've seen in the videos. Perfect test of skill. I've learned a lot.

Thanks Alex Aklson.

By Amy E

Mar 19, 2020

The final assignment is excellent! It is not just straightforward but requires us to think and research, go beyond the basics learnt in this course. Amazing course! Just the right amount of videos, simple labs, and challenging yet effective assignment, I learnt a lot! Thank you Alex Aklson <3

By 朱晓琳

Apr 2, 2019

This course consist of most of plotting types with python, it's not only about matplotlib, but addtional tools and methods to create maps. It gives you a fabulous understanding about visualization using python. Completing this course, you will be able to demonstrate the data in ways you want.

By Hemanth S

Though the videos were short and running fast the labs were well designed, the peer graded assignment is well prepared too. I feel more accomplished than before. Honestly, this course should've been suggested to be taken at least before 2 other courses that I already finished to get here.

By Gilberto B L

Mar 7, 2019

It was very good and interesting how to create different kinds of maps for different purposes, specially I liked the maps that you can embed in an image like the wordcloud using a mask from Alice in Wonderland, I will try to do something similar with another topic. Thank you very much.

By ira d G

Jul 12, 2020

I appreciate the way the Instructor always (always!) refer back to previous lessons, so that the transition to the next lesson becomes seamless. The lab also reviews past exercises so you are not at a lost (especially if you have not gone through the course for a while).