Back to Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to information visualization basics, with a focus on reporting and charting using the matplotlib library. The course will start with a design and information literacy perspective, touching on what makes a good and bad visualization, and what statistical measures translate into in terms of visualizations. The second week will focus on the technology used to make visualizations in python, matplotlib, and introduce users to best practices when creating basic charts and how to realize design decisions in the framework. The third week will be a tutorial of functionality available in matplotlib, and demonstrate a variety of basic statistical charts helping learners to identify when a particular method is good for a particular problem. The course will end with a discussion of other forms of structuring and visualizing data. This course should be taken after Introduction to Data Science in Python and before the remainder of the Applied Data Science with Python courses: Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python, and Applied Social Network Analysis in Python....

OK
Jun 26, 2020

its actually a good course as it starts from fundamentals of visualization to the data visualization,the assignments this course provide are exciting and full of knowledge that you learn in course ..

RM
May 13, 2020

I am going for the specialization and I know this is just the second course in it and I haven't even seen the further courses yet, but this is already my most favourite course in the specialization.

201 - 225 of 894 Reviews for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

By Luis D H Q

Jun 30, 2020

This course is perfect for anyone that wants to learn about matplotlib, statistics, and making trustworthy visualizations as a data scientist.

By Julian O

May 16, 2018

Really useful course showing lots of techniques to present data along with discussion of good design principles for effective presentation.

By Pranav I

Aug 1, 2020

U-Mich has an excellent handle on how to tap into the student's curiosity and maintain engagement even in online courses. Very Impressive!

By SIMRAN S

Sep 6, 2020

A beautiful Course to accompany with python and Machine Learning.

I learnt along with my peers who graded my assignments too, Thank you.

By David T

Aug 17, 2020

This is a good class as it builds on what you learned in the first class. I feel that I know have a better understanding of dataframes.

By MUSKAN M

It was quite difficult to understand this week ,and the most difficult portion was to do the project

But overall sir explained very well

By Robert H

Jun 4, 2019

Nice overview of plotting, and some more advanced features. I was hoping for more snazzy visualizations, but this is a good foundation

By Ashtad J

Sep 8, 2019

Good course about data visualization in Python. Also, the course discusses the fundamentals of good visualization that I found useful.

By MARTÍN R M M

Jul 5, 2020

Excellent course. I knew how to do basic plots. This course take me to a next level making more interesting, useful and beauty plots.

By philip n

Sep 22, 2017

I am currently in week 2 of the course, and I can say that I am enjoying myself. The course is insightful, and requires some thought.

By Aakash K

Jun 8, 2020

The lectures are quite fast and hard to understand at one go but the assignments are pretty good to learn and understand the basics

By Syed A u R

Apr 3, 2017

Excellent course! not for beginners though. Intensive work assignment, made it possible to work hard on charting. I learned a lot!

By Michael O

Apr 2, 2019

Good course, I particularly enjoyed the peer reviewed assignments, it was fun to learn the different methods that people employed.

By Kristen C

Apr 6, 2017

Great instruction and introduction to matplotlib capabilities, includes opportunity to use your own creativity in the final assign

By Sergey K

Oct 4, 2017

This course requires a lot of work, but brings you a strong experience in data plotting using several tools available for Python.

By aaron_lang

Aug 13, 2017

I like the fact that only only I can learn from doing assignments, but I also can absorb knowledge from judging peer assignments.

By Aswin R

Aug 12, 2020

The lectures were a bit hard to follow but I guess that's because I don't really know statistics that well.

Great course overall.

By Ebenezer A W

Sep 12, 2017

An wonderful introduction to plotting and charting . Every beginner must take this course to learn about plotting and charting

By Michal M

Apr 6, 2017

This course was very challenging for me but because of that I learned a lot. I also really like the peer reviewed assignments.

By Oj S

Nov 2, 2019

Awesome course, it is good enough who is already a beginner in matplotlib too as the course is overall of intermediate level.

By Redi T

Nov 7, 2020

thank you very much, your teaching and the reading material is made me more interest with data science. very clear and good

By Madhu

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course. The level of learning you gain is only limited by the level of work you want to put into the assignments.

By Puneet K J

May 2, 2017

A completely hands on and demanding course. Assignments are challenging and motivates the learner to go out of box thinking

By Michael D

Jul 9, 2017

I thought this was excellently taught, and it's a real pleasure to have Chris's enthusiasm suffused throughout the course.

By Halil K

Feb 12, 2019

Excellent Course! Was very good practise for getting extremely comfortable with everything learned so far in the courses