Back to Python Programming Essentials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Programming Essentials by Rice University

This course will introduce you to the wonderful world of Python programming! We'll learn about the essential elements of programming and how to construct basic Python programs. We will cover expressions, variables, functions, logic, and conditionals, which are foundational concepts in computer programming. We will also teach you how to use Python modules, which enable you to benefit from the vast array of functionality that is already a part of the Python language. These concepts and skills will help you to begin to think like a computer programmer and to understand how to go about writing Python programs. By the end of the course, you will be able to write short Python programs that are able to accomplish real, practical tasks. This course is the foundation for building expertise in Python programming. As the first course in a specialization, it provides the necessary building blocks for you to succeed at learning to write more complex Python programs. This course uses Python 3. While many Python programs continue to use Python 2, Python 3 is the future of the Python programming language. This first course will use a Python 3 version of the CodeSkulptor development environment, which is specifically designed to help beginning programmers learn quickly. CodeSkulptor runs within any modern web browser and does not require you to install any software, allowing you to start writing and running small programs immediately. In the later courses in this specialization, we will help you to move to more sophisticated desktop development environments....

HR
Jul 3, 2020

This course is such a wonder!! In spite of being an unenthusiastic Computer Science undergraduate, it was this course that cultivated the interest in me. Both the instructors were too good. Thanks :0

JW
Apr 25, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, but I would highly recommend taking something along the lines of Codecademy prior to this one. It will help to get you versed in some of the more basic things in Python.

126 - 150 of 671 Reviews for Python Programming Essentials

By Suhani A

Aug 31, 2020

Teaches multiple skills in python basic functions. The step by step instructions by the excellent tutors provides an amazing learning experience!

By Pradyumna P

Jun 18, 2020

I really liked the Project-based approach of RICE university for an online course like this. I expect more courses will follow the same approach!

By Rajesh J

Very useful step by step explanation and very long assignments. Very simple explanations due to which course became very interesting, Thank You!

By Pallavi P

Dec 10, 2020

Will suggest this training to folks as it gives a good understanding of python even if you know nothing 'bout it.

Special Thanks to Joe and Scott

By Anu K P U

Jun 30, 2020

Really enjoyed this introductory course. Being a complete a newbie in the world of coding, this course helped me a lot to learn the essentials.

By Mehul D

Jun 20, 2020

Thank you, Scott and Joe, for the awesome course. Very nicely explained and Very Good Project. It helped me to learn a lot and gain confidence.

By Andrés F R L

Sep 25, 2020

The course has the first steps to learn Python and the explanation is easy, I enjoyed this course (and the jokes of the teachers, by the way).

By Joanne H P C

Jan 29, 2019

Good introduction to the basics of Python scripting. Step by step explanations and exercises/quizzes help better solidify new concepts learnt.

By Ruchita T

Dec 3, 2017

very good for beginners to learn python. Easy to follow the lectures and the assignments and project are well designed to test your learning.

By Onwumere O B

Nov 8, 2017

Nice series of lessons on python programming essentials. Highly recommended for those willingly to start their programming journey in python.

By Pinaki G

Apr 17, 2020

Teacher's taught the matter very simply, helped us a lot to do coding in proper manner and also helped us in doing the project successfully.

By Miguel A

Mar 9, 2018

Awesome introduction to python course that takes you from knowing nothing to learning how to write an in-depth program with nested functions

By Ludwing G F F

Sep 5, 2020

A well driven course, it is a course with encourage you to do your best. I like the instructors I like the content, I really learned a lot!

By Mayte R L

Jun 7, 2019

Great course to learn how to use python, this course really make me think and get out of my comfort zone challenging me with the exercises.

By Afaq A N

Jul 14, 2020

For learning Python ,This course is perfection an i suggest every beginner to try it and they will know why i wrote this review. Thank you

By Ramazan G

Mar 22, 2019

This course is perfect for a beginner.I was new but I have got a lot of knowledge.Thanks you so much Rice university and Joe and Warren :)

By Seyfullali C İ

Feb 23, 2019

I advise anyone who wants to learn Python and is new to "coding" to get this course, it has been useful for me, thanks to all instructors.

By Varsha V S

Jun 30, 2020

This course is really helpful.I would love to learn more courses on courses and the instructors are really awesome.Thanks Scott and Joe!!

By Lachlan

Dec 10, 2017

Very nice introduction to Python. Detailed walk-through of program structure and the basic components that are used to make it all work.

By Yeonsun K

Jul 11, 2019

I can understand basic concepts and syntax of python. Especially the codeskulptor3 is easy to use.

The lectures are fun, also. Thanks,

By 1MV18EC057 N T

Jun 27, 2020

this course is amazing and i learnt lots of things in this course.

now i get some confidence in python programming

thank you coursera!!

By chiuyuwen

Apr 8, 2018

It takes some time to complete the project but it is worth. Besides, the mentor will assist you when you are stuck while writing code.

By ANANDA S P

May 5, 2020

new value addition in python knowledge and both faculty thanks for nice session for us .

Thanks RICE and Coursera for wonderful course

By Javed A

Apr 30, 2020

This course is mind-blowing for me. I was already familiar with Python but, this course provided me the skills which I lacked before.

By Alberto A

May 16, 2018

Very clear and practical, great tools for learning in the sense that they provide clear feedback and guidance to learn from mistakes.