Back to Python Project for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Project for Data Science by IBM

This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python. This course is part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and the IBM Data Analytics Professional Certificate. PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data. NOTE: This course is not intended to teach you Python and does not have too much instructional content. It is intended for you to apply prior Python knowledge....

VV
Aug 17, 2021

It was an awesome and very hard experience. I struggled a lot with the final assignments, which led to me learning a lot of new things and learning them good. I am giving this project/course 10/10.

SK
Oct 5, 2021

Best course so far, under the IBM Data Science professional certificate program. It is heavy on the practical side, which is a good thing as it gives the person a more hands-on experience.

201 - 225 of 229 Reviews for Python Project for Data Science

By Joe L

Sep 14, 2021

I could not answer the 3rd question in the 2nd quiz , to 66.66% grade due to the following issue

Question 3

None of this values are present in the dataset

69 1-Jun-21 504.01 536.13 482.14 528.21 78,560,600 528.21 This the last value ordered by date, whithout sorted is

Date Sep 01, 2015 Open 109.35 High 111.24 Low 93.55 Close 103.26 Volume 497,401,200 Adj Close 103.26 Name: 69, dtype: object Please advise

By Laura M P

Mar 9, 2021

Mixed feelings .... appreciated the challenge, but I could never have finished without the sample code provided in the Discussion. Perhaps better to rename this "Web Scraping with Python" and provide a ton more examples of different scraping different websites and practice labs. On the other hand, it did get my feet wet and it gave me the motivation to figure this out further on my own.

By Joshua S

May 24, 2021

Good real world application of ideas and situations used in the life of a data analyist. I just dont like how coursera / the instructors vaguely answer questions. I am still not totally sure how to complete all the codes and I feel like we are tested on things we haven't been taught in the class.

By Shubhashish B

Mar 13, 2021

The content was very short and learning required lot of side research. This section is poorly designed, this is not how other coursera modules are designed. This seemed to be a rush job. Suggest adding more content and reduce the steep learning curve.

By Albert K

Apr 8, 2021

Some information like the links to the necessary data was hard to figure out, generally I learned a lot. I would recommend it anyone who wants to learn the harder way! It is intermediate, so beginners don't get headache

By Sam K

Apr 19, 2021

Definitely helpful but feels shoehorned into the Professional Data Science Certificate and more instructional material and videos to understand reasoning behind the elements of Webscraping would be beneficial.

By Klemen V

Mar 11, 2021

I already knew most topics. yfinance library was new to me and I fell it was not explained well. What it is, from where we get the data, is data updated? It was still fun doing analysis on real data.

By Saimon S

May 9, 2021

This course is not for absolute beginners. Some concepts are not briefly explained but they are needed to complete the assignment. If these things get better then this course can offer more.

By Bob D

Oct 1, 2021

The project was okay, but didn't test the broadest range of skills due to unnecessary repetition. Overall production and spelling were short of a quality educational product.

By Matthew C

Apr 4, 2021

Needs an answer key or a better hint guide, this took way longer than it should have. There aren't enough coding drills in this course to be coding mostly from memory.

By Katrine T

Jun 15, 2021

I wouldn't call this course a "Python project"... it's more of a lab with exercises about the previous course ("Python for Data Science")

By Jon M G

Apr 19, 2021

I thought one of the questions required a skill that was not covered in the labs. Rest was pretty good.

By Xinrang S

Aug 8, 2021

It's more suitable for learners who have background in Python but not new learners.

By Krishanu P

Jun 1, 2021

I learnt about web scrapping but this course could be much better.

By Jason C

Sep 12, 2021

G​ood practice project

By greg i

Jul 23, 2021

Encouraging

By Montserrat C

Apr 18, 2021

Final assignments involve matters that have not been seen during the course. Course should have more explanations, both video and text, and then more practice in order to settle what you have seen. It's not at all a beginners course; perhaps it could be for the matter but not for the explanations.

By Fernando M M E

Sep 5, 2021

I think it isn't a good beginner course for Python. There are some things that are not explained and other that are not well explained. However, if you are following the data science learning path, I recommend you do it so you can pass to the next one.

By Lisa S

Sep 27, 2021

T​his course seemed disjointed and the flow could be improved. It assumes prior knowledge or requires additonal work outside of the course to master the fundamentals being taught.

By Armeen A

Mar 2, 2021

A lot of issues with this course. New information wasn't explained in detail and I was left with a lot of questions. Last assignment had a lot of issues.

By Mohamed G E

Aug 27, 2021

not easy to web scrapping

By MOHAMMAD A

Oct 7, 2021

that not good

By Sam S

Apr 1, 2021

Difficult

By Yohaunin Z

Aug 3, 2021

I am really not happy with this course. Several missing details and overall feeling ill prepared for the assignments (as was the case with prior courses) . Unclear instruction and missing bits of information make it really hard to progress and learn anything new without feeling like you're banging your head against the wall!!!

By Joseph H

May 2, 2021

Do not waste your money on this certificate. I was unable to complete because of issues then I realized that I did not learn enough from these people at IBM. I found small business teachers at Udemy to be more helpful, and will continue my learning there.