Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF

Dec 21, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

DR

Oct 09, 2016

The teacher is really passionate, everything's very clear and easy to understand. It's full of all the basic knowledge one needs to know about qualitative research methods to begin working with them.

76 - 100 of 277 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Ibrahim N

Jun 13, 2017

I never had such kind of amazing online course experience before. The main reason is the mentor - Gerben Moerman. He was very dynamic and extraordinary. He really taught in the active and interesting way.

By Kelda F

Dec 21, 2018

By Li Z

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you very much to Gerben Moerman, lecturer of The University of Amsterdam, for providing me with good guidance for my future research."Go and get the seat of your pants dirty in real research. "

By Diego A M R

Oct 09, 2016

By Karen B

Aug 10, 2016

Excellent introduction to qualitative research methods. Loved the lecturers enthusiastic style and quirky sense of humour. Very engaging.

Assessments were practical and supported the course material.

By HASKAR B U

Aug 09, 2020

Best course on Qualitative Research.Improved knowledge about the concepts and its application in different steps of research.Thanks to Dr.Gerben Moerman for his matchless delivering of concepts.

By Anna W

Aug 31, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The lectures were engaging, the assignments applicable. I really enjoyed being able to review other classmates' assignments from around the world. Very cool concept.

By Meliha F A

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful lecture! For the first time, I enjoyed a research method course! I learned more than a lot! I look forward to see more lectures! Thank you, thank you!!

By Paolo M P B

Jul 12, 2020

This course was particularly enjoyable. I learned quite a lot, especially on the concepts about ontology and epistemology. I found the discussion on the methods and analysis quite useful.

By Ivan J S L

Apr 07, 2020

I thought I have a pretty good background in qualitative research, but I was challenged more after I took this course, cause there is just a lot to go through! Recommending this course.

By Isaac O O

Feb 15, 2020

I knew a tiny fragment of qualitative research before I started this course but this course has imparted a lot of knowledge in me. I think I can now make a good qualitative writing.

By Stephen O

Sep 16, 2019

Genuinely engaging and challenging. The more I engaged, the more I made sense of the challenge. I finish with a new set of useful skills to take forward in work and life.

By Sophie S

Oct 18, 2017

Great teacher! He has boundless energy and enthusiasm. Because of this enthusiasm, learning is almost effortless. I would certainly recommend the course to others.

By Gholamreza S T

Mar 28, 2016

The content and material were really good, interesting and challenging. I wanted to thank you very much for this really great introductory course.

By Jacqueline G

Jan 31, 2017

This course is so well done! The classes are taught with enthusiasm and the material covered is very interesting and valuable. Loved this class!

By Gerardo P

Aug 29, 2016

The course looks very interesting. The professor is very knowledgeable about the subject, so that makes learning it much easier. Thank you!

By Peter H

Aug 01, 2020

A very comprehensive course, new knowledge besides interview-techniques studied. Like analytical induction, grounded theory. Very helpful.

By Giorgia A

Jan 30, 2018

I've never seen a more passionate teacher than this. So refreshing and engaging! He was definitely born to do this and influence others.

By dexter

Jul 21, 2016

Very well explained. The guy in the video jumps and make it harder to be distracted. Nice. I hope to see more courses from you.

By Muhammed S

Aug 07, 2020

Great Course.. Helped me to understand the basics and some methods of qualitative research in theoretical and practical way

By Santhi S

Jun 07, 2020

I could learn a lot about qualitative research. I thank the faculty for delivering the lectures in an understandable way

By Nguyen T T

Jan 14, 2019

Very helpful course for social researcher. As a design researcher, I have learnt how to analyse data more effectively.

By ryuichi O

Aug 11, 2017

Excellent course! I have got a comprehensive framework of qualitative study, which can lead to more detail learning!

By Bakhtiyar A

Jan 01, 2020

It was very useful for me. That's why I want to thank you. Thanks a lot. I wish you a lot of success in your works.

By Maud C

Aug 28, 2017

I found this course really lively and interesting. It provides good basis for further research works in sociology.