Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

301 - 325 of 390 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

Mar 11, 2016

I

By Sara E M

Feb 15, 2016

I really enjoyed this course overall (and it was somewhat easy for me because I have some background in this already), but there were some technical issues especially regarding accessing assignments. It would be nice if there was a more robust group of volunteer tutors/teaching assistants or something to answer questions or deal with these technical issues, especially the final exam not working for a while for me and some other people. But, I enjoyed the illustrations (drawings) and cute examples, and also the lecturer did a pretty good job on camera. I would probably give this course a 4.5 if possible, but I am hesitant to give it a full 5 points because of the technical issues. Anyway I would recommend the course to someone who wants a survey of quantitative methods to prepare for future study.

By Irene P

Jun 25, 2018

I had no grounding in quantitative research methods before doing this course, although I have an undergraduate humanities degree with some background in the philosophical foundations of the course (e.g. epistemology, ontology). I found that the course was pitched at a good level for me. It gave a clear, thorough overview of quantitative research. I enjoyed the simplicity of the videos and the appeal of the cartoons, but I also really appreciated the additional interviews with social scientists and the use of real academic articles in the assignments, as it allowed me a more nuanced understanding and application of the concepts. (Useful to note: I took notes as I watched the lectures, and I found it took a lot longer than the recommended time, because the lectures are very content-dense.)

By Jennifer B

Jan 28, 2020

I thought the content, progress quiz questions, and other materials were very helpful. I'm glad I took this course, even if you know some of the material it's great for reinforcement and introducing other topics. I do agree with others though that the assignments are a bit hard to tackle. I work in UX Research, so it was refreshing an a nice challenge to review scientific papers, however I would have liked more variation in the types of assignments and -many- of my peers in the group didn't seem to understand the instructions or maybe didn't put in the effort. I think peer review is valuable, but the course seemed to rely on this activity and the articles a lot, which was a stumbling block. That being said, I would recommend this course.