Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

326 - 350 of 380 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Allison B H

Nov 26, 2017

The course was thorough, and introduced the concepts clearly and concisely. My only quibble is that its geared toward the experimental sciences and so the exams and assignments emphasized concepts and research design issues that are less germane to other fields. I got a bit impatient with that towards the end. Otherwise, fantastic.

By Sarath C P T

Jun 04, 2017

The lectures are pretty good from a theoretical point of view as it breaks down the finer details in understanding the concepts pretty well. Only thing is I wish the Professor had used slightly more practical or real world experiments to explain the concepts instead of examples like rating mother-in-laws and love towards cats etc.

By Jan B

Aug 24, 2019

Very good course, the videos were entertaining and the tasks forced me to use the newly acquired knowledge in practice. Still, I guess we all would benefit from a longer project completed part by part, for example, a study using some database. In this way, it would bring even more benefits.

By Rebecca T

Nov 09, 2018

The lectures can be a little bit dry. However, I really appreciate how very well organized the lectures and the other course content is. It made it very easy to understand the content, and study for the tests. I also learned a lot of really useful basics for conducting better research.

By Mohammad J

Dec 30, 2017

the first 3 weeks were a little difficult to follow but then i catch up with the terms and definitions, week 4 became very enjoyable. wish i could took the quiz without payment.

You must listen to the interviews. Interviews are the best part that sum up all ideas on the related week.

By Catherine C

Nov 15, 2016

The lecture content covers the most basic concepts of quantitative research. It would be helpful to you if you have no experience in quantitative research before. But personally I think the lecturer covers too much on history--I had a hard time remembering the names.

By Melanie W

Nov 07, 2019

Overall the course was great. The only major critique that I have is that the exam questions were often worded unclearly, which sometimes caused me to get answers wrong for concepts that I actually understood. Otherwise I'm very happy with the quality of the course!

By Maria G

Sep 26, 2015

Nicely explained with easy to understand examples. Quite hard for those who have never studied research methods. Very dense information. I found one or two questions in the weekly quiz that I couldn`t answer with the knowledge available in the videos.

By Sumit S

Jan 18, 2017

Good course for those desiring to develop conception about research design. Students outside the purview of social sciences can find it a bit difficult.A few more examples in each module could perhaps be of further help. Overall an excellent course.

By Sara H M

Sep 02, 2019

I would like to have a review that included what answers are expected on the Writing Assignments. Because sometimes, especially in the second writing assignment, I didn't know if it was a correct answer or what is expected as an answer.

By Galina v d W

Feb 26, 2016

The material has a very good quality. The teacher explains the subject very well and the videos are very supportive. The build-up in the course is well-thought and works like a charm, I am excited to continue with the specialization.

By Cedrick P

Apr 10, 2016

I loved working with this course. I am definitely going to graduate school based upon my achievement and enjoyment levels. Having a practical look at my potential new field has made me much more decisive about my path. Thank you!

By Corina T

Sep 24, 2016

Great use of examples. I was not thrilled with peer-reviews as some people may give you bad scores with no explanation and/or they may be wrong in their understanding/interpretation of the course material/assignment.

By Prashant N

Jun 27, 2016

Very nice and interesting!

I learnt a lot. I wish I could make better use of discussion forums. Some questions and few concepts remained unanswered/ not clear, however it was a fantastic experience overall.

By FEG R

Nov 23, 2016

Nice Course, quite some views to digest but good for understanding how social research can/should be done/considered. Repetition required to grasp all these new terms if you are not a social science stu

By Philly D

Apr 19, 2017

This is a really good course, comprehensive and useful to anyone wanting to know about quant methods. It's pretty tough and you need to study, but if you finish it you'll definitely learn a lot.

By Maher A

Jan 11, 2020

The only issues with this course are that some of the assignments take a lot more time than they estimate, and that some of the multiple choice questions are a bit confusingly structured.

By Carl D

Mar 22, 2016

This is my first MOOC and I enjoyed it. The lectures were clear, concise, and interesting. Most of the tests and assignments were relevant and well thought out.

By Eduardo R P B

Jul 31, 2017

A very good course, just needs more extra info like books and papers to have a more in depth look into quantitative methods. I'd love to read a book on this.

By Catherine A

Apr 07, 2018

It was informative and helpful. On some of the subjects, a bit more detail in the examples would help rather than brief general descriptions.

By Natalia P

Aug 13, 2016

It was a challenging course for someone that only knows quantitative research. Definitely took me more time than estimated (or proposed)

By Martha C C O

Nov 07, 2016

Its great. So complete, you really gain an integral knowledge of the topic. I couldn't finish it because of the amount of homework.

By Ferry V

Aug 07, 2016

Very good, easy to follow. Exams are well designed and offer a good training. Videos can sometimes be a bit boring to watch.

By Tien P

Aug 26, 2016

Good lectures, well-designed videos and tests. However, coordinators are low responsive. No extra reading is provided.

By Liam M

Apr 26, 2018

Good although the peer review system needs work and the quizzes that pop up during videos are annoying and useless