Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

376 - 390 of 390 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Marc Q

Jan 02, 2020

The content provided is of excellent quality, and videos are well explained. I only put 3 stars for 2 reasons. The first one, is that the “peer-reviewing” idea is not a good idea without language requirements to enrol in this course: at least half of the assignments I peer-reviewed were filled with vocabulary and grammar mistakes make it really hard the understand. In many cases as well, the assignments are so filled with mistakes that it is just impossible to understand. I therefore wonder, how such low English skills can permit some of us to read carefully and understand the texts used for the assignments.

The second point, is that in my opinion, the content remains very general. For instance a deeper analysis of each research designs would have been nice.

The course remains however extremely useful for whoever is interested in quantitative reasoning. I would recommend to pair this knowledge with that of books on each topic discussed.

By Stephen R

Oct 17, 2015

The actual educational value of this course is quite high. The score I can offer it in good faith is dragged down by the additional "assignments" like "Write you own quiz question!" and the expectation to review the quiz questions thought up by other students. Such things in a scientific course are unnecessary and may actually be counterproductive because of the reliance upon other students and their grasp of the material. If they are to remain part of this course, they really should be treated as supplementary and not required to complete the course. It really detracts from the experience for those of us who come here to learn and not to socialize.

By Bianca V

Mar 15, 2018

It was a well and clearly structured course. Although rich in content, it was enjoyable and useful to complete.

However, the course is missing a contingency plan in case somebody fails a session. Since assessments are peer reviewed, I do not see the motivation of my peers to come back and grade me again - which means I cannot complete the course on time despite, being on time with all assignments.

By Big W

Apr 08, 2016

mechanically it worked pretty well. just a little hard to figger out what's going on and what's important. what needs to be memorized and what just needs to be understood . . .

By Jude B

Feb 23, 2020

The course was okay, the assignments and final quiz don't really reflect the material properly and need to be re-evaluated and rephrased to be clearer

By Daniel M C

Dec 14, 2015

Just three stars so far, I've just started the course late... I think it looks good tho.

By smeets

May 28, 2016

very good course, but I never recieved the feedback I needed on the forum

By PHUONG T

Jan 12, 2017

Fairly good. Fundamental knowledge for researcher.

By Hafeez A

Oct 25, 2015

interesting and informative course.

By Jason M H

Mar 04, 2016

Over reliance on student grading. Material does not map well to the quizzes.

By Marcos B

Jun 28, 2016

Couldn´t finish it because assigmnets were not graded.

By José L M D

May 03, 2016

When you are late in delivery, they tell you "everything is fine, do not worry, you have until the last week of the course to complete the activity, get your note and end of the course." They'll repeat over and over again in every week. My course ended on May 15, but they have not let me present my last activity, May 3 even before the final exam. They have forced me to leave the current session, still unfinished deadlines, missing a single activity after two months of work, and enroll again in the next session, which still nor has begun, delaying all the planning I had made for the entire course and all terms of the following courses.

In short, disastrous system to keep deadlines and complete the courses that make it totally useless any planning you have to do to set the course for the months that suit you, which, in my case at least, may at risk which I can complete the full specialization before the deadline. Money thrown away.

By Marc F

Mar 25, 2018

too much work, too much specific question, alot of not related knowledge that we need to learn... Not useful in my opinion.

By aron B

May 09, 2016

I have done the course but I didn't get my certificate yet for reasons that I don,t know.

By Winthrop Y

Apr 19, 2016

Excellent lectures, good tests, too many peer evaluations!