Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

151 - 175 of 366 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By farrukh j

Feb 10, 2016

great course. instructor used simple language, applied concepts and good examples. lecture slides are well prepared.

By Diego A M R

May 28, 2016

It was a really good course, very easy to understand and was good in keeping the interest up. I would only recommend they offered some, at least optional, exercises to help grasp the content.

By Juan P A C

Mar 03, 2016

Absolutely necessary for anyone interested in Science!

By Andrae A

Oct 27, 2017

This was a great introduction to Quantitative research methods. It is not an easy course by any means, but if you take notes as you watch the videos and do the practice tests, you will do fine. After taking this course, I decided to take the rest of the courses to complete the Research Specialization. If you want to learn about research and statistics, this course is a great starting point.

By Tomas B

Sep 28, 2017

Clear, useful and comprehensive. Highly recommended.

By Erik E M R

Feb 26, 2016

Simply Amazing! Tough, but really good!

By Enver L T N

Feb 27, 2016

excellent course, much bettet that in my university

By Petra E C

Oct 09, 2015

Excellent course. Instructive, informative and useful, with the best instructor I have ever had. Best course, by far.

By Maria L

Sep 27, 2016

Great course with great content!! I learnt a lot! But it takes much more time than 4-5h a week as is stated at course info.

By Ilina I

Feb 07, 2016

An excellent course! Quantitative methods are very well explained, starting from philosophical roots. I liked a lot the challenging tasks and peer review principal. By checking my peers' work I was able to learn several times more than from just going through the videos and completing my own work. I enjoyed the whole design of the course, including the professional illustrations and graphic design work. Great thanks to the whole team!

By Claudia P

Dec 19, 2016

Very challenging, but so much awesome knowledge.

By hansoh

Nov 04, 2015

I like how the videos were short (about 5 min. each) and carefully scripted. The illustrations/drawings were also very helpful.

By Marius P

Dec 29, 2015

I was extremely impressed by this course, its pedagogy, its depth and breadth, the clarity of the lectures, the quality of the material. Well done to all involved. I have signed up for the entire specialization and hope that the rest matches up to this.

By Aditya M B

Jun 05, 2016

Very well planned and had enough information. I sincerely admire the discipline you tried to bring to the learner.

By Galina K

Nov 07, 2015

Extremely useful and interesting

By 刚刚

Sep 12, 2015

I like the slides, because they are really interesting!

By Artem B

Dec 27, 2015

Clear and concise explanation of very important, even essential, for researcher, things. Warm thank you for creating the course.

By Norvie T J

Feb 04, 2017

Stellar!

By Christelle C

Apr 06, 2017

The videos were very clear, concepts were explained in a funny and easy-to-understand way, and Annemarie speaks very clearly. The exams were well-written and easy enough to complete if the course was followed. I learned a lot through this course

By Andreas Z

Nov 08, 2017

I discovered this course by chance after having done UvAs excellent statistics courses, in which I enrolled for refreshing my memory. Being a physicist by education (got my Master degree in the 1990s) many concepts of this course were familiar but new at the same time. The material presented is probably mandatory for students of the social sciences but not less relevant for any practitioner with a math/engineering/natural sciences background. Thank you very much for keeping me busy on all those wonderful evenings!

By Mark C

Feb 15, 2016

What can I say? Although it was a tough course but sometimes things were tough, it felt so incredibly fruitful each week. I think the main reason was because even though there were so many quizzes and the assignments which required so much time, they were carefully crafted in a way which helped build my abilities in a progressive manner. There was definitely a close alignment between instruction (video) and the assessments (quizzes/exams). You'll never be asked questions you weren't prepared to answer because of the aforesaid alignment.

As I also work in a department which dabbles in educational research, I found the concepts thought in this course directly applicable to what's done in practice. Because the concepts were communicated so clearly, I could readily see examples of them in my everyday work!

By Thomas G S

Mar 15, 2016

An excellent course that really does provide you a challenge. Some of the courses I have done on different MOOCs were rather too easy, but this one did push me a lot. It informs you in a clear, but detailed manner. It is necessary to do extra reading and to review videos and notes in order to complete assignments. Best course yet

By Raúl A A R

Jun 14, 2016

Challenging but really fun course. I've learned a lot that will be helpfull for the search of a master's degree.

By Ina J

Dec 16, 2015

Fun course, great learning! Impressive and highly recommendable!

By David T