Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

176 - 200 of 365 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Leo

Oct 01, 2016

interesting and useful content. very vivid videos

By Yuliya T

Mar 19, 2016

This course really helped me to filter out unnecessary and false information and do better quality researches. I always advise this study to people who could merit from it.

So far, the best course I have ever done.

By Kinnari M

Jan 03, 2016

Really enriching course material and the method of explaining by Annemarie Zand Scholten. It gave me a good overview of the quantitative approach to contrast it with the qualitative approach i have been following at my workplace. The course material is very comprehensive and also the transcripts provided for each module. The detailed word to word transcripts really help to revise material while doing assignments and preparing for exams. The assignments really makes one think and helps to digest the course material in the process. The concepts and style of illustrations used in the video are also extremely helpful to understand the content heavy topic. The bonus video material provide the completeness due to the applied examples discussed in them.

Overall a very satisfying learning experience! Great!

By Frederik L M

Apr 02, 2017

The course tackles very poignant and relevant aspects of research, and does so in a captivating and creative way. By the end of this course, you will be an expert on quantitative methods, no joke. No statistics included!

By Mirana F R

Jan 15, 2017

Well-structured course! The contents of the course are beyond my expectations.

By Gerardo C

Dec 24, 2015

I love Annemarie's cat.

By Richard R

Jun 20, 2016

This tutor is very knowledgeable. I like the way she communicates and connects things. She seems to have very good hold over the topics she deals with.

I especially liked the interviewees she brought in to give us an 'expert' or extra perspective on the topics of each week she dealt with. kudos to this professor.

By Fariza A T

Mar 24, 2016

Excellent organisation of the course! The content is also well thought and presented. i personally clarified many vague questions related to variables, measurements and research ethics. I did have the quantitative methods course at the university, in any case some blank spots were left, so this course was helpful. It is a useful course for revising, but I do not know how total beginners feel about it. If I were a beginner I would have some difficulties probably. It could relate to my personal "slowness" to grasp material like this.

Thank you Annemarie! I really like your lecturing/teaching style.

By Efe S

Feb 01, 2016

This is a great course on research design! Especially if you complete all the assignments, there is definitely something you can learn from this course. (I mean, I teach research design and even I learned new things!)

By Judith T

Feb 09, 2016

I really enjoyed the course and I learned a great deal. The course design is thoughtful and well-carried-out. The illustrations are delightful! The instructor is obviously expert on the topic as well as in teaching and information is delivered very clearly. I will be building on this new knowledge for some time to come!

By Jessica H

Oct 27, 2015

I was very impressed with the perspective the course took. I had not seen the topic covered from the point of view of the harm to society poor methodology had.

By FELIX O A

Feb 15, 2018

Great course. I learnt alot here. Thanks to the instructor.

By Talal A A M S

Sep 08, 2015

Excellent. Thank you very much

By Maya S

Aug 13, 2016

Excellent course! I particularly enjoyed the clarity an concrete examples.

By Sandro

Jan 23, 2017

I was very happy with the course. Good amount of workload, good videos, transcripts available, and the exam at the end of the course was difficult, but doable after some studying.

By Bertha I A T

Jul 27, 2017

I find it very well structured and very well explained

By Marjorie G

Jul 07, 2018

I love the video presentations and the excellent examples.

By Apoorva V S

Dec 19, 2015

This is a course that is well thought out, informative, descriptive, and enjoyable! I was excited to start each new week of Quantitative Methods, and to learn more about research methods! I definitely recommend this course to anyone who is interested in research, and this will help strengthen your basics in quantitative methods. I commend Prof. Annemarie Zand Scholten, and the rest of the team from UAmsterdam for bringing a wonderful course to the Coursera platform! I can't wait to start & finish the rest!

By Ernest M M

Jan 10, 2018

Great course for anyone interested in thinking like a professional scientist.

By Nguyen T H

Nov 23, 2017

I liked the course very much. The professor presented in a way that was easy to understand; the course was very well structured. I also liked the bonus videos, very useful!! Sincere thanks to the professor and the team!

By hector m z u

Feb 14, 2017

very useful and deep

By Viraiyan

Jan 05, 2016

Excellent explanation and assessment methods. Dr Scholten is simply great.

By Iris L M

Jan 30, 2016

Clear and great methodology!

By Diego C Ñ V

Nov 06, 2015

Excellent course! But I am worried because I have already paid the certificate and I have not received it!

By kamlalbel n

Oct 12, 2016

Of all the lectures i have come across, (along with social psychology course of Wesleyan University), this one stands out, the profound depth and the sheer amount of information packaged, in simple language without simplifying, it's one of the best course i have come across, the instructor is very eloquent and articulate, its stimulating and interesting, i can't ask for more, thank you.

P.S. though i listen to all the lectures, making notes - as i'm preparing for my psychology research methodology exam-, i'm a non-active participant.