Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

476 - 500 of 510 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Sathyajith M 1

Jun 03, 2020

I was able to understand a lot more about research methods by doing this course.

By Juan K A

Mar 16, 2018

I recommend it because in did increase my knowledge in social science methods

By joemclemon

Feb 02, 2017

Good content, good ideas, great examples. The forums were a little abandoned.

By Hanneke L

Jan 13, 2020

Love the videos and the clear explanations of all concepts discussed.

By Georgina D

Jul 08, 2019

Great course. Broad scope and hones in on important ethical aspects.

By Tobias R A

Jul 29, 2020

A very good course, with very good examples, lectures and exams

By ThomasIwalla

Mar 02, 2019

A very intensive course. Learnt a lot from the course so far.

By Jennifer P

May 08, 2016

Good pacing, good explanations, reasonable expectations.

By 婉佑 田

Aug 17, 2016

it's really good for a student in planning department.

By Toshan M

Nov 19, 2018

Good introduction to statistics and social science.

By Fabian G

Dec 02, 2015

Interesting and concise. Straight to the point.

By Bartosz K

Dec 10, 2015

Great content and delivered in a clear way.

By Juan S B M

Jan 12, 2017

very good course, well structured!!

By Ree R

Oct 29, 2015

Excelente!

By MUSA T S

Jan 24, 2017

good

By Nitika J

Aug 10, 2020

By Flavia F

Jun 06, 2020

The course is very interesting and the material discussed is all essential knowledge for doing research in the field of social sciences. I also really appreciate the extra material that the teachers offered, the interesting interviews in particular, which presents the student with the perspective of scientists conducting research in the field.

However, the amount of work required for completing the course is significantly above that mentioned in the course description, or at least in one takes the final assignments seriously.

Another problem I had was with understanding the questions of several final assignments and of the final exam. I have a master in cognitive science, one in analytic philosophy, and I am at the final stage of my PhD in philosophy. I have studied my masters in English, and I am writing my PhD thesis in English. Yet, many questions really puzzled me, including the questions regarding the philosophical content of the course.

Given the difficulties I encountered, I wonder whether this course would be really suitable to undergraduates.

Despite that, I am happy to have completed the course and I recognize that I learned a lot during the course. Despite the final assignments requiring more work than I had planned, I had a lot of fun doing them. Furthermore, I really appreciate the teachers' effort (and I believe quite some was needed) to design this course and to offer students more than it was required to provide them with some basic knowledge.

By Stephen R

Oct 17, 2015

The actual educational value of this course is quite high. The score I can offer it in good faith is dragged down by the additional "assignments" like "Write you own quiz question!" and the expectation to review the quiz questions thought up by other students. Such things in a scientific course are unnecessary and may actually be counterproductive because of the reliance upon other students and their grasp of the material. If they are to remain part of this course, they really should be treated as supplementary and not required to complete the course. It really detracts from the experience for those of us who come here to learn and not to socialize.

By Rafael d M B

Jun 26, 2020

The course is good, although some things bothered me a lot: 1) The peer review is just horrible. I've been plagiarized 3 times during this course, it takes a lot of time to wait for other students' assignments to be ready for evaluation and most of the time the evaluations received follow a random pattern. 2) the examples and the knowledge are mainly for Psychology. Don't be fooled, it says Social Sciences, but 90% of the examples or the subjects is about Psychology. If you want to have real examples of Economis, Political Science or International Relations, you won't find them here. I suggest changing the title of the course to address this issue.

By Justyna L

The course materials are great, but the peer review system for assignments does not work for me. Most people just give perfect grades to everyone, and the quality of the assignment doesn't matter. Forums are also not used for anything other than students asking for good reviews of their work, so there isn't really a spirit of learning from each other. This impacts on my personal learning as I do not know whether my assignments were actually correct.

By Bianca V

Mar 15, 2018

It was a well and clearly structured course. Although rich in content, it was enjoyable and useful to complete.

However, the course is missing a contingency plan in case somebody fails a session. Since assessments are peer reviewed, I do not see the motivation of my peers to come back and grade me again - which means I cannot complete the course on time despite, being on time with all assignments.

By casey

May 08, 2020

While some of this course was useful, there are some issues I have with it. The first week, a philosophical history, had little to do with the material I wanted to learn. The rest seems focussed on teaching definitions, rather than truly explaining concepts. I would have preferred a structure that enabled practice of concepts, rather than definition regurgitation.

By Big W

Apr 08, 2016

mechanically it worked pretty well. just a little hard to figger out what's going on and what's important. what needs to be memorized and what just needs to be understood . . .