Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

JM
Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

276 - 300 of 4,283 Reviews for R Programming

By Daniel O

Aug 5, 2016

Excellent and challenging introduction to programming in R. Plenty of materials to help you along the way and the course is delivered at a reasonable pace in a friendly and clear manner. Would highly recommend if you want to get into programming in R.

By Renzzo S S

Nov 6, 2020

Excellent course, it is my first time in R programming, and with this swirl package I learned a lot, then complete the training with the thinking to complete the assignments that are challenging and are excellent choices since real live is not easy!

By Mayur N

Aug 19, 2019

Great course as an introduction to R programming. The course provides a base on which I could build upon. I enjoyed the programming assignments which exercised my ability to troubleshoot problems and search for answers on google and stack overflow.

By Prabhjyot S

Jul 23, 2019

I find the course very interactive. I want to say thank you to the team members of John Hopkins University for their hard work. I always feel pleasure in learning new things and Coursera has given me this opportunity by creating this MOOC platform.

By Munshi K

Dec 6, 2019

Best course I have completed on R. As a new bee in R language, assignments was really a tough challenge for me. Now I have gained basic understanding of R language and I hope to do an advance course on R as well in future from Coursera. Thank You!

By Taif A

Nov 2, 2020

I didn't know anything about R programming before enrolling in this course. The interactive teaching style (swirl exercises) and the relevant assignments contributed so much to my learning. It was a good decision to invest my time on this course.

By Michael M J

Sep 27, 2020

Very well-taught and well-structured course, with great instruction by Dr. Peng. The programming assignments really helped with the practical aspect of R. Overall, this course is an excellent foundation for the programming aspect of data science!

By Hyungjin K

Mar 19, 2018

Such a nice introduction to R Programming! I urge you to take this course if you need essential guides to enhance your coding skills and programmer's mind. Assignments are challenging but rewarding enough to bring you feelings of accomplishments.

By Srinivasan R

Oct 19, 2017

The last exercise was excellent (Week 4). Each question exposed the chinks in our code. This challenged the learner to refine the code to plug all holes. However, what I am not sure is how effective is my coide against failures and against speed.

By Subhankar J

Aug 16, 2017

the assignments might be a little bit difficult for beginners to start with but that is what which will trigger a hacker in you and in turn will compel you find the answers and explore new and innovative ways of solving highly convoluted problems

By YUTING W

Apr 3, 2016

You can learn basic functions of R and do practical assignments on your own. However, the assignments are a little bit challenging, and students need to take some time to figure it out, especially for people who are not familiar with programming.

By Badal S

May 23, 2020

Undoubtedly the best course on Coursera! This course is great fun, challenging, and loads of learning! I highly recommend this course to all the learners! Thanks to the instructors and the Johns Hopkins University for such a magneficient course!

By Luca B

Jun 5, 2020

Very useful course for beginners and intermediate users of R. It gives some very important insights about the infinite potential of this programming language. Definitely recommended for people who use R for professional and/or academic reasons.

By Hugo S

Mar 26, 2020

Great introductory course in R. Swirl is a very good introductory method for learning R by 'doing it'. The set of exercises were great (allow us to explore R in a more deep level), with very detailed and easy to follow instructions. Recommend!

By Yatin M

Oct 20, 2016

Excellent introduction to R Programming...whether you are taking it stand-alone, as part of the data scientist specialization or want to ease into the machine learning side of things . The swirl() exercises are a helpful add. Kudos to the team.

By James H

Feb 8, 2016

This course provides a great overiew to introductory R programming. Since taking the course, I have successfully used the precepts learned here for a number of analysis projects. Coupled with ggplot2 graphics, the results became self-evident.

By Suyash O

Dec 7, 2020

A good course to start with the fundamental and there is no better way than to learn hands-on which the assignments do help with. Would recommend for beginners as the videos cover a lot of topics. Improvements can be made but i like the course

By Juan M E R d A N R

Jul 9, 2020

Great course. But please consider including a reading version of the video lecture, (not the same as the transcript) just like in the previous course (The Data Scientist Tool Box). I found those reading versions of the lectures really useful!

By Marely T R A

Apr 24, 2019

Great course, I loved the SWIRL module. It was awesome. The videos were great and the examples really well though. The instructor has a great voice, he should consider a side job as a narrator, he could do it great.

Honestly, I just loved it.

By Akshay W

Jun 27, 2020

I like this course so much.just because when I was doing this course I have learnt so many thing that will help me in future and thankyou so much sorry for giving me this opportunity.i will surely do more course and learn new thing from you.

By Gerson G

Apr 26, 2020

This course will provide you with fundamental knowledge about R. It does not only teach you how to do things, but why to do them and it also covers how R works behind the scenes. This is valuable knowledge for anyone wanting to work with it.

By John M M

Dec 7, 2017

It was a nice programming course to start with although did not have prior skills in programming. I believe that I will use the knowledge to improve my programming skills and hopefully become a data scientist and an expert on R programming

By Richard B

Feb 6, 2016

This course was set out in such a way that it was very easy for me to follow. I hope that all the courses in this Specialization will be as well planned and structured as this one. It was very easy to learn the very basics of R programming.

By VISHAL D

Excellent course ! i aready know about R but this class very help me .i learn a ot of R basic , but i was completely lost for week 2+ 4 write functiom assignment - they strike at the level too high level for complete tye beginner for me

By Tomasz S

Jul 21, 2017

This course is easy at the beggining. And difficult at the end. I try to do it at least 2. I will recommend it to all the people who would like to get knowledge in programming and in data science. To these who are curious about the world.