Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

JM
Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

301 - 325 of 4,281 Reviews for R Programming

By Dariusz R

Feb 7, 2016

Great course! I got previously some basics in R and this course helped me a lot with more effective programming in R. Especially, thank you for great lectured "functions" module, because I never understood it and now it seems much easier.

By Gregorio P V

Aug 29, 2020

It´s an excellent course, please take in mind that the effort necesary to finish this course is bigger than the effort applied in the previous one, The Data science´s Toolbox, but the knowledge obtained is very pertinent to data analysis

By Fahad Y

Nov 23, 2019

Indubitably a great starting point for someone who is new to R programming language. The course curriculum is so intutive and well decorated such that it was a challenging task for someone like me who belongs to a CS graduate background.

By Abhyudai M

Aug 2, 2017

The best part of the course is swirl. It allows me to refresh my concepts at any point of time as the library is installed in my system. Apart from that this course has a very refined structure which has avoided complexity and confusion.

By Valinho A

Aug 24, 2020

It's help alot for gaining confidence in my R programming skills. I don't say that it is not for the beginner, but they will need more time, effort and motivation to finish this course. Thanks, Coursera and Roger Peng for the insights!

By Mohammad A S

Jun 12, 2020

Really loved the assignment. I wasn't familiar with R before, but the complexity of the assignments made me dive deep.

I don't know too much about data science. But, I think in the real-world scenario I will face these type of problems.

By William G C

Jan 23, 2017

An amazing course! I have had some experience programming in R but this course helped me take my programming to the next step. I highly recommend this course for any level of programmer. It is a great course to have in your back pocket.

By Tania M T

Apr 5, 2020

Great course! Really useful. It can get difficult at some points, I found that the course doesn't prepare you so well for the assignments if you don't have any background knowledge in programming. However, it is a great course to take.

By Eric J

Feb 27, 2020

Overall a very good class. It provides a good introduction to the R programming language with assignments that prompt you to use these skills. However to become proficient more practice is required, just like any programming language.

By Rodrigo A D

Sep 18, 2017

It brought to me not only the technical ability to work with R but also reminded me of the conceptual gaps I have to fulfill in order to be a better data scientist, more specifically regarding the depth of the knowledge of Statistics.

By Jurijs J

Jan 25, 2016

Very useful course for getting started in R Programming. I would advise to take this course for everyone, who is interested in working with data. I had a pleasure to complete the tasks and to get knowledge about new things! Thank you!

By Cleiton P d S

Feb 20, 2020

Although I gave a good score in my evaluation, I think that the course should have more practical explanations... The last two assignments and tons of students in the forum may confirm what I'm saying.

I am grateful for this course!

By Mariela N R

Nov 12, 2019

It is a great course for learning deep foundations about R programming. The programming assignment were a good challenge for learning a lot of advanced things. Thanks coursera and Johns Hopkins University for offering this course!

By Ajanta K

Feb 2, 2017

I've taken a bunch of online programming courses. This one is the best. I loved the swirl package exercises. They make R very easy to learn. The tips in the discussion forums are very helpful for getting assignments completed.

By Myung, H M

Mar 22, 2020

The course content is well thought out, covering from very basic to more advanced topics at a steady pace. The assignments are challenging but is doable with some personal research and persistence. Enjoyed the experience overall!

By Jitin V

Aug 30, 2018

Assignments are good however there needs to me more practice in swirl to cover various functions and libraries, also the question set can include more questions with some dynamic set that changes a bit more in every next attempt.

By Ashish T

Oct 30, 2017

Great way to learn the fundamental building blocks of R. it is east to get stuff done by just copy pasting snippets of code from StackOverlfow, however this course gives you a good primer on R data types, variables and functions.

By TAN S C

Jul 11, 2020

Really interesting and challenging course.This course has help me understand R much deeper. It also show me how versatile and powerful of R that capable to help us to solve our problem with a simple and effective way of coding.

By John M

Feb 9, 2021

This a very good introductory course to r. I had to prior knowledge to programming but the instructor was explaining all the concepts nicely. I recommend the course for everyone with a background in Mathematics and Statistics.

By Dennis A

Aug 15, 2016

A great course to advance programming skills in R. Assignments are sometimes challenging, but that´s also what makes it interesting and even more fun if you mastered the challenges and reached your goal. I highly recommend it!

By David B

Feb 26, 2016

Great Course that introduces to R Programming. The level is high but not too difficult.

It introduces to different Programming methods (new to me that come from Functional/Object-Oriented Programming Languages and environments)

By Julien C

Feb 28, 2018

Its really well concieved. I didn't have to have past experience in statistics to learn R, yet since I do have some background, it was fun to mess around with it.

I learned enough to get me started with R. Thank you very much.

By Diana H

Nov 25, 2020

I am so glad that I took this course, I have learned very useful R coding skills. Some assignments were challenging, but this has made me learn better. Big thanks to the instructors and for the helpful community and mentors.

By Felipe R

Mar 5, 2019

Really nice introduction to a different programing language. To me that have a background in frontend and web backend language, it was a little different and nice introduction to mathematical/statistical programing language.

By Daniel P

Sep 27, 2019

I am really very happy for completing the course. The difficulty level of the assignments can be scary at first glance, but with the help of the mentors in the forum and their complementary lectures, they become achievable.