Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

WH
Feb 2, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

351 - 375 of 4,279 Reviews for R Programming

By Taylor W

Mar 6, 2016

So far this has been my favorite programming course. This is coming from a person who really doesn't like programming at all. A basic understanding is required in my profession and this course helps immensely.

By Jay S

Jan 31, 2016

Best beginner's course in R. You will learn all the necessary nuts & bolts of R programming, plus how to write your own functions & work with data files in R.

Perfect launch pad for a career in R programming!

By Umer F

Mar 15, 2018

Head start for learning R Programming. great resource.

Though I little improvement needed. Like, when instructor teaches, if he could use digital pen, engagement of students can be improved. just a suggestion.

By Jaydrath B

Sep 16, 2017

A course that is very well structured . Hats of the instructor for very good videos and clear explanation of various topics.

of the various text books out there, this text is one of the best and a must read .

By Harsh R G

Feb 18, 2017

I have done the previous course in the series that is The Data Science Tool box. So with that in mind I think this course is exceptionally well made. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole course and the assignments.

By samuel c j

Jun 30, 2020

Estuvo genial!!!, el último assignment fue intelectualmente estimulante, aplique varios conceptos aprendidos en el curso que con toda seguridad cambiaran la forma en la que programo en R de aquí en adelante.

By Wei Z

Jun 27, 2020

it would be even better if data frame gets more discussion, such as subset a data frame. As to debugging, how to use R studio debug tool can be included since that is the working environment most people use.

By Stephen C

Jun 27, 2018

I love this course. Very easy to follow, but also has very challenging homework. THere is some disconnect sometimes between the lessons and the assignments, and often there's a steep learning curve for them.

By Sharad E

Aug 22, 2017

As a non-programmer, I found this course a grilling, uphill personal challenge, which I successfully completed.

I encourage every aspiring Data Scientist to go for this course, as it is tests you completely.

By Waleed A

Jan 23, 2017

I highly recommend this course for any one who wants to get hands-on experience with R programming for the first time. I enjoyed the lecturers approach in teaching this course and the accompanying exercises.

By Giovanna A G

Aug 19, 2016

This is an awesome course! Prof. Peng explains very well how to become proficient in R programming. Even if you have no prior experience in the subject, just like me, hard work and discipline will pay off.

By Zeeshan Z

Nov 22, 2018

very interesting learning experience with coursera. Swirl library is amazing as far as practice is concerned.

Thankful to coursera and my respectable instructors who make this successful and possible for me.

By Shubham S

Jul 21, 2019

The learning curve throughout this course was great!

I was not new to R programming but still through this course I have managed to learn

a lot of new things.

Beginners should definitely choose this course.

By Santiago B S

Jun 14, 2019

I excelled my expectations!

I'n not sure wether someone with no previous experience learn to code with this course; but I really improved my skills and noted some imperfections in my code after taking it.

By Steven C

Mar 15, 2017

Well taught and incredibly useful course. R is a great language for statistical computing and data science, and this course provides a well-paced introduction to the language and some important features.

By Elijah A

Jan 6, 2021

This was a wonderful introduction to the R programming language. I learnt a lot about programming in this course. Thank you so much John Hopkins University & all the instructors for this awesome course.

By CHEN L

Jul 1, 2020

I am feel the assignments are really helpful. They help me rethink all the knowledge we learned and apply them in the real problems. without the assignments, I would not really understand R programming.

By Afsal N

Jan 10, 2019

Very good course. The lectures introduce you to R step by step while the swirl exercises give you a hands on experience on the console. Creating interactive tools in R would have been a useful addition

By Liner C J

Jul 21, 2020

Ha sigo un curso genial, muy completo. Ha llenado completamente mis expectativas.

El nivel de exigencia es alto.

Is a great course, has an excellent content. Has a high level of exigence in all aspects

By HARIKESH

before starting this course i have experience of R programming but this course gives me a lot of new function and how to build a function and a most useful function str,debugging and Rprof.

Thank You!

By Hyeonjin P

Apr 21, 2020

This course is really good. It's difficult to understand every contents perfectly if you are beginner.

But the content of this course is excellent. When you finish, you get a good level of achievement.

By Y.David Z

Jul 17, 2020

This is course is probably my favorite out of the Data Science: Foundations using R specialization. There was plenty of opportunity to practice and further develop by burgeoning R programming skill.

By Regena R

Feb 20, 2017

I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of this course. For a beginner, the Swirl exercises are incredibly helpful and I was able to build confidence in working with R because of them. Thank you!

By Rob D

Mar 3, 2016

A great introduction to slightly more complicated R programming. Basic concepts covered well and it builds nicely to the point where you feel like you can apply your knowledge to real world examples

By Deepak K V

Feb 3, 2016

The content is superbly designer for a beginner. The Swirl assignments need to make compulsory. Infact they contributed more to the learning process. More Swirl contents will make the course richer.