Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

MR

Really interesting course. The interactive coding sessions with swirl are especially useful. Would be great, if you provided sample solutions for the programming assignments, in particular for week 4.

JM
Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

351 - 375 of 4,425 Reviews for R Programming

By Angelina B

Nov 11, 2017

It is a very helpful course with a lot of useful examples from real life and programming exercises. This course will imrove your theoretical background in R and allow you to put newly acquired skills into practice.

By SATAKSHI R

Oct 27, 2018

Thank you so much for giving such a nice platform to learn and improve my skills. The lectures and videos and assignments really improved my R skills and I enjoyed solving each and every task given in the course.

By Frederick C

Nov 13, 2016

I have taken R classes in grad school. I can honestly say that I have throughly learned R from this course. I like the approach and the background foundation that they setup to learn the rest of the language.

By Shariful A S

Apr 1, 2021

Very informative and comprehendible course for the beginner, well-organized content with the assignment and even peer-reviewed task - a complete package from prestigious institution JHU, really love this course.

By Muhammad I U

Apr 26, 2020

A good course. Best for those who have knowledge of R programming or some other. However, a beginner has to do a lot of work. Functions related assignments are relatively difficult compared to the course taught.

By Cody A R

Mar 24, 2020

This course was very good. Especially for coding assignments, I think that being able to view possible solutions would be a bonus. Often times the grades page says "see feedback below", but there is no feedback.

By Hathairat W

Dec 29, 2018

I don't have much experience in programming but this course has helped me a lot. I really enjoyed the course, trial and error, google and read forums to guide me to the right answers for the assignment and quiz.

By Mathivathani R

Jul 31, 2020

The course was well designed, making the learner independent and confident to deal with R at the end of the course. This is going to be very useful for me who is trying to do big data analysis in social sector.

By Marko S

May 13, 2019

Optimal R-learning course. Teaching key R concepts that are carefully selected and extracted from a huge R knowledge base. One of the best introductions: containing both simple and complex R programming topics.

By Willie C

Jan 21, 2020

Excellent introduction to programming in R. The instructor's video lectures are very informative, and the assignments are well designed to test and expand your knowledge. I learned a lot in a very short space!

By Kaspar

Jul 26, 2017

Gives a good basic overview of R. Easy for people who have programming background in similar languages (python, R), but not proficient in R. It may be hard for people who don't have any programming background.

By Taylor W

Mar 6, 2016

So far this has been my favorite programming course. This is coming from a person who really doesn't like programming at all. A basic understanding is required in my profession and this course helps immensely.

By Jay S

Jan 31, 2016

Best beginner's course in R. You will learn all the necessary nuts & bolts of R programming, plus how to write your own functions & work with data files in R.

Perfect launch pad for a career in R programming!

By Umer F

Mar 15, 2018

Head start for learning R Programming. great resource.

Though I little improvement needed. Like, when instructor teaches, if he could use digital pen, engagement of students can be improved. just a suggestion.

By Jaydrath B

Sep 16, 2017

A course that is very well structured . Hats of the instructor for very good videos and clear explanation of various topics.

of the various text books out there, this text is one of the best and a must read .

By Harsh R G

Feb 18, 2017

I have done the previous course in the series that is The Data Science Tool box. So with that in mind I think this course is exceptionally well made. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole course and the assignments.

By samuel c j

Jun 30, 2020

Estuvo genial!!!, el último assignment fue intelectualmente estimulante, aplique varios conceptos aprendidos en el curso que con toda seguridad cambiaran la forma en la que programo en R de aquí en adelante.

By Wei Z

Jun 27, 2020

it would be even better if data frame gets more discussion, such as subset a data frame. As to debugging, how to use R studio debug tool can be included since that is the working environment most people use.

By Stephen C

Jun 27, 2018

I love this course. Very easy to follow, but also has very challenging homework. THere is some disconnect sometimes between the lessons and the assignments, and often there's a steep learning curve for them.

By Sharad E

Aug 22, 2017

As a non-programmer, I found this course a grilling, uphill personal challenge, which I successfully completed.

I encourage every aspiring Data Scientist to go for this course, as it is tests you completely.

By Waleed A

Jan 23, 2017

I highly recommend this course for any one who wants to get hands-on experience with R programming for the first time. I enjoyed the lecturers approach in teaching this course and the accompanying exercises.

By Giovanna A G

Aug 19, 2016

This is an awesome course! Prof. Peng explains very well how to become proficient in R programming. Even if you have no prior experience in the subject, just like me, hard work and discipline will pay off.

By Zeeshan Z

Nov 22, 2018

very interesting learning experience with coursera. Swirl library is amazing as far as practice is concerned.

Thankful to coursera and my respectable instructors who make this successful and possible for me.

By Shubham S

Jul 21, 2019

The learning curve throughout this course was great!

I was not new to R programming but still through this course I have managed to learn

a lot of new things.

Beginners should definitely choose this course.

By Santiago B S

Jun 14, 2019

I excelled my expectations!

I'n not sure wether someone with no previous experience learn to code with this course; but I really improved my skills and noted some imperfections in my code after taking it.