Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

JM
Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

4076 - 4100 of 4,291 Reviews for R Programming

By Yarden B

There is a huge gap between what they teach us and what the assignments ask. Had to get a lot of extra help.

By Sneha Y

Jan 12, 2020

Had some good information but did not expect the course to be intermediate level for the entirety of course.

By Hui R

Feb 20, 2020

It would be really helpful if the teacher gives more examples or graphs when he explains some concepts.

By Jake R

Sep 11, 2016

The lectures for this course do not adequately prepare students for the graded quizzes and assignments.

By Maggie L

Mar 5, 2020

It's totally difficult for me. Some of the assignments are really hard to work out for me as a novice.

By Rayane V R

Aug 23, 2020

Very good material and lectures, but the assignments did not match with the content of the course.

By Kathleen H

Aug 8, 2020

Presumes having a certain baseline level of programming skills, too technical for a beginner

By Minnie Y

Nov 21, 2017

It is very hard for me to absorb and the professor has very fast and not fluent speech...

By Ziqian X

Feb 25, 2020

The Course is great but the Tasks are too difficult and are not appropriately designed.

By AYUSH K

May 14, 2017

This course needs on coding part as videos are not sufficient for solving assignments.

By Jishu D

Jun 9, 2019

thanks for offering such course , I am looking for more advanced level on this course

By Mugesh

Jul 13, 2020

Good quality assignments but lectures provided are not enough for these assignments

By Esther L

Dec 2, 2018

I bit disappointed with the video lectures. I opted for external resources instead.

By PARIDHI C

Jul 10, 2020

The assignment is way harder than what is actually taught in the video lectures.

By Divyanshu S

Jul 7, 2020

The gap between what was taught and what was asked was too much in this course

By Prasenjit G

Jul 19, 2020

There is hardly any relation between the course taught and the assignments.

By Mohsin A

Mar 3, 2020

Course content did not equipped with necessary tools to do the assignments.

By Catie P

Oct 22, 2020

The content is all there, but this course is not for beginner programmers.

By Illyiate

Feb 27, 2020

what is taught is kind of abstract, and what is due is beyond the taught

By shuaa A

Mar 24, 2018

It focused more on Condition function I didn't find this course helpful.

By Siddharth M

Oct 6, 2020

Extremely tough assignments compared to what is taught in the videos.

By Tom C

Sep 15, 2018

A little too hard at the end; R isn't a great language, in my opinion

By Anna H R P S o

Sep 16, 2018

to simple, basic material in comparison to the assignments to solve

Sep 4, 2016

There is a disconnect between what is taught and what is assigned.

By Dherbey C

very difficult assessments compared to the few functions taught.