Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

WH

Feb 2, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.

These skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.

Material is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

MR

Really interesting course. The interactive coding sessions with swirl are especially useful. Would be great, if you provided sample solutions for the programming assignments, in particular for week 4.

451 - 475 of 4,644 Reviews for R Programming

By Smith O G V

it's very useful and practical, i've learned some things that i didn't have idea before, and this course enriches me in the knowledge in this type of topic, thank u very much for everything.

By Valery b

Mar 31, 2018

Very good and broad coverage of the tool needed to start working and checking our understanding of the language,. Exercices are difficult enough to start using advanced functions and skills.

By John B

Oct 23, 2017

R Programming” is an introductory course teaching users the basics of R. While I did think it went over the basics well, the assignment difficulty was a bit too much for true beginners to R.

By Subodh C

Sep 22, 2019

Five stars are what I can go max. It has perfect content with detailed explanation and hands-on interaction in R makes it perfect.

I would recommend the course if you want to up-skill in R.

By Anna S

Aug 1, 2018

Great course. I would say at least some programming experience is required for this course, otherwise it will be quite hard to pass it. Great assignments and quizzes, learn a lot from them.

By Irmgard T

Jun 20, 2017

great course and really helpful. Roger Peng is a great teacher and gives a good overview of basics of R programming that forms a solid foundation for the requirements in subsequent classes.

By Enrique L S

Sep 26, 2018

I consider that this is a good course. Is a very useful and esasy way to get started with R. The Assigments are tricky but very useful to start understanding how does R works and thinks :D

By Igor d F C

Apr 24, 2018

From the simplest to the most complex task, with the video lessons and the "Swirl" training package, the R programming module has been essential for my learning in R. Super recommended !!!

By Kunal V

Apr 21, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing an awesome knowledge that everyone would like to come across.It feels a pleasure that i have been R certified from Johns Hopkins University, through Coursera.

By Sudheer R

Jan 9, 2017

Very good course for anyone willing to learn R. I started with no knowledge of R. This course gave me a solid start. I have built my knowledge over it and I am very comfortable with R now.

By Cathryn S

Aug 10, 2016

Quite difficult, and you certainly need to work hard to figure out the exercises. The lectures get you started but don't have all the answers. Not one for people who want to be spoonfed.

By Akhmetzhan M G

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent course. I've gained lots of valuable knowledge which obviously will help in my future career. Great thanks to the instructors. They explained complicated issues in a simple way.

By Manasa L

Jun 24, 2018

Very well taught and the course materials are helpful! I would recommend everyone who wants to jump into R to take this course and definitely do the swirl programming practice exercises !

Nov 1, 2016

While challenging, this course did more than simply lay out the basics of R. It moved me to think critically about specific tasks and innovate ways of solving problems using the language.

By Sanjay J

Jun 4, 2020

Thank you for the practical and very hand's on course. Has made me confident about 'R'. My special thanks to Prof. R Peng. Lucid explanation, good flow and good structure of the content.

By 刘晶

Feb 27, 2018

Though I have learned R for 5 years, I still found some very interesting contents and insight opinion, by the way, all the mentors of this course are very professional and accommodating.

By Leticia C

Jun 11, 2017

Very excellent course, it has the necessary level to encourage you to learn something more, but not so difficult to quit. I strongly recommend this course to people who wants to learn R.

By Dominic C

Aug 1, 2016

A great way to learn a new language is through use, using Swirl to teach the language R and at the same time concepts in data science was such an efficient and effect approach. Thank you

By Михаил

Feb 27, 2019

It is the best course of R-programming I'v ever saw. Exercises and quizzes help me understand material better. Every week added something new to my skills. Thanks a lot to professors!

By Abhinav k

Apr 30, 2017

Excellent course for someone new to R programming, some of the assignment really test your temperament and tempts you to cheat,but you just need to keep your calm and continue trying.

By Sergio T

Nov 23, 2020

This course was exceptional for learning programming in R and some programming structures. I really learnt a lot and I think this course could have a second part in programming in R.

By Lynda Y

Dec 22, 2016

Great introduction to R programming that provides you with the skills to manipulate data in R including understanding the basics of vector type operations, functions and debugging.

By Rajat G

Apr 26, 2020

The entire course was really amazing and it did help me learn the basics and am really happy that I could solve such complex questions after going through the course material. Kudos

By Jamie M

Jun 23, 2018

Great course, really ensures depth of learning the fundamentals and not just skimming the practical applications and teaching to the assignments, which is typical in normal courses.

By Wong W J

Nov 20, 2020

Course introduces basics to coding in R, with higher-level assignments that tests application. Very steep learning curve, but rewarding when you manage to get the required outputs.