Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

JM

Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

MR

Really interesting course. The interactive coding sessions with swirl are especially useful. Would be great, if you provided sample solutions for the programming assignments, in particular for week 4.

501 - 525 of 4,646 Reviews for R Programming

By Admet Z

Sep 9, 2017

I found this course challenging, cause I had no programming experience. But I'm being grateful for the community, which helped me in each step to overhelm some tricky issues.

By Dev P

Nov 1, 2019

Great introduction to R. The assignments are tough, but stick with it and the result is fulfilling!

I now feel more confident with R and will seek to use it more in my career

By Matt R

Feb 22, 2018

Exceptional program, but I cannot overemphasis how important it is to read the 'pinned' forum posts before embarking on the programming assignments. It will save you hours!

By Dimitrios G

Mar 3, 2017

Challenging and educational. I learned way more things that I expected. I would just like to mention that there is a difference in difficulty between videos and assignments.

By Hemant S S

Feb 19, 2021

The perfect course and the perfect specialisation for beginners to take, especially those with little to no coding skills. (I began with just the knowledge of a "for" loop)

By Robert L P

Feb 7, 2021

Very Challenging yet rewarding course! I learned a ton and really want to take it to the next level in learning and using R.

I also signed up for Roger's Podcast. Great job!

By 杨泽鹏

Jul 30, 2019

This course is so great! I learnt a lot of useful knowledge about R. Besides, I experienced a meaningful study progress on Coursera. Therefore, I really appreciate the JHU!

By Sebastien L

Apr 2, 2016

This class is packed with clear, concise and useful information. The level of difficulty was perfect for me. I learned through well designed exercises the fundamentals of R

By Roberto C E

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course, structure, content, and tools have been selected correctly.

Happy to have overcome all the high-level challenges in it, I feel rewarded with the knowledge

By surender K

Jul 15, 2020

It is a nice designed course with quizzes and assignments for beginners. But I think there should be more assignments for more practice. All over it was a nice experience

By UZAIR M

The programming assignments in the end were very much challenging. I was not able to focus on any other activity when i got stuck at a problem. Very happy with the course.

By Duan L

Dec 3, 2017

Great course! I'd say that the assignments are very challenge for someone who never have programming experience before. but overall it's a great course and I learnt a lot.

By Javier

Jun 13, 2017

Clear and understandable.

Would have appreciated a bit more of depth in the functioning and programming behind some of the exercises to be given during the video sessions.

By Carlos A C Z

Apr 23, 2017

Is a very useful course although you need more hours to complete it.

Also you need practice a lot. Use swril to practice. It is high recommended. Thanks to the instructors

By Utsav B

Dec 7, 2016

I loved the way that this course has been structured. In addition, the sheer number of users makes this course more enjoyable since you can get your queries solved easily.

By Hillary D B

Jun 12, 2017

I found this to be a good way to be introduced to R programming. This taste of what's to come solidified that data science and/or data analysis is the career path for me.

By Madhabendra R

Apr 15, 2017

Best in all opinion to learn R in such a planned order ...Thank you Coursera and John Hopkins and definitely a big thanks to Prof. Roger D Peng, Jeff Leek and Brain Caffo

By SAI P G

Oct 29, 2016

The data used for assignments are real world examples which makes the programming interesting. It would be helpful if the course provides sources for some other databases

By Pritam G

Jun 21, 2020

This course really helps me to learn R programming from the beginning. I am very much thankful to coursera to provide me such a platform, where I can learn data science.

By Stanly W

The course is very good. I had learned it as a part of my graduate program and with this four weeks, I learned much more than what I knew and used in one year. Thank you

By Solomonov A

Jan 19, 2017

Nice introduction to R language.

Because one thing can done by several way, and after learning about different methods, in beginning it's becoming confusing what to use.

By angie p

Oct 3, 2016

I really enjoy it although it is tough for a begginer specially the assigments but there is help in the internet and the forum so it is fun and good to learn thanks lot

By Lantovololona F

Oct 19, 2020

This course develop a solid foundation unto the famous R software. Easy to follow, yet in-depth, it is adequate for anyone willing to get a better grasp on the subject.

By Amgad A

Feb 11, 2020

It was a great experience, the best course ever and the best materials, even when I had no time I downloaded the course and studied it, coursera is the best place ever!

By Yash G

Jul 12, 2018

It was a wonderful experience. I have learnt and enjoyed the course throughout the duration. The assignments were also interesting and focused a lot on the fundamentals