Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ

Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

MR

Really interesting course. The interactive coding sessions with swirl are especially useful. Would be great, if you provided sample solutions for the programming assignments, in particular for week 4.

526 - 550 of 4,646 Reviews for R Programming

By Anshul S

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent course curriculum by John Hopkin University. Also thanks to Coursera for providing me with such an excellent chance of enriching my knowledge of this subject.

By RAVNEET S

Dec 29, 2017

NIce course and good exercises. I'd suggest better and more explanation on scoping rules and examples on updating global variables in a loop or a local section. Thanks!

By Brad B

Jul 28, 2021

A great series of introductory courses to R programming, data science and statistics. I enjoyed taking about 6 of the 8 of these courses before I had to take a break.

By Matheus d M d A

Jan 20, 2020

R Programming is a good, dicdatic and comprehensive course on R. It teaches you how to perform the main operations, subset objects, write functions and deal with data.

By Nilrey J D C

Oct 7, 2019

I was using R in my thesis but back then I did not understand well the R as a language. This course provide me the basic and intermediate skill to do programming in R.

By Alex H

Nov 21, 2018

Very satisfied with the course layout and material. The opportunity to learn both through videos and through Swirl assignments is very helpful for reinforcing lessons.

By Martijn B

Mar 31, 2017

This is a crash course into R-Programming. If you have never did any programming this course will be a challenge! But it is a good way to get going with R-programming.

By Joonas S

Oct 7, 2016

This is a very good introduction to R. The material is good and this works well as a introduction to R if you have either high interest or some programming experience.

By Raja V

May 3, 2020

This is a very well organized course. Thanks to Dr. Peng, Dr. Leek and Dr. Caffo for organizing such a useful course. These lessons will stay with me for a long time.

By George R M d C

Apr 28, 2020

Worth it. The final assignment was a great challenge, the course seems to cover some good concepts of R, and provide a good base for those looking to learn even more.

By Shashank S N K

Jan 18, 2018

Learnt a lot in R especially Lexical Scoping, Datatypes, vector operations, loops and apply commands. I would recommend this course to all my friends and colleagues.

By Venu G

Feb 12, 2017

Good course to start off your R Journey. It is guided and has enough validation mechanisms to reinforce your learning. Thanks John Hopkins Team to put this together.

By chaitanya r

Jan 22, 2017

The course provides a good explanation on important concepts of R and the assignments are designed well to hone the Programming Skills needed to tread Datascience.

By Niraj K S

Jun 27, 2021

A systematic learning journey of programming, a very new area for me, still need to improve confidence with more practice on this subject. Thank you to all of you.

By En-Sun P

Jan 9, 2021

Very good introduction to programming in the R language. Programming assignments were fun and structured very well to reflect the concepts learnt from the lessons.

By Donald M

Sep 27, 2020

I really liked the course, I learned new things that I did not know.

I will continue with the rest of the courses in this series

By SHALOM P

Aug 21, 2020

This course was exceptionally informational and it did upskill and that's saying something because I had applied to a lot of courses but this gave me what I needed

By manuel s g

Mar 23, 2020

Really useful course. I strongly recommend to spend time on the programming exercises, specially is is long time since your last programming task (e.g. > 10 years)

By Thomas G

I had experience with R in a class at my university, and I learned a lot in this course that my class didn't cover. The assignments were more challenging as well.

By Sachin K J

Apr 15, 2020

It was a great course for understanding and using R for basic package. I would like to thank builders of swirl package for such and awesome module for teaching R.

By Erica R

Jul 12, 2019

The lectures, swirl modules, and assignments had very high synergy for a multi-faceted learning experience. The pinned posts in the forums were extremely helpful.

By Max M

Aug 9, 2018

The level increases very very fast. For people starting from scratch (as me) will take the to complete the assignments. Challenging, but overall of great quality!

By Syed J P

Jul 23, 2019

Very good course. It helped to understand the basics and good practice, and helped me in doing research experiments in R using UCI dataset for my research paper.

By Jung O L

Jan 17, 2017

Exellent for beginner.

I literally didn't know anything about R, and was not familiar with programming.

This course gave me a step for advanced data programming.

By Vasileios K

Nov 20, 2016

Professor is very well rounded and is quite enjoyable to hear his voice! Keep up the great work, looking forward to the next sections of the data science series.