Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ

Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

JM

Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

626 - 650 of 4,596 Reviews for R Programming

By Tran N L G

Sep 16, 2019

Informative course with interactive practice questions, but it would be great if more hints/ help were given with syntax and extracting data

By Debasish P

Apr 30, 2019

R Programming is a must do Course in Coursera who want to learn Data science. I am glad that I took this course and learned a lot of things.

By Michael G

Jan 28, 2017

Nice and challenging! Thanks so far.

The assignments are somewhat hard, but not too hard. Forced me to sit down and think.

That's very good.

By Keegan H

Nov 12, 2016

I've learned much about R Programming, and feel I have a solid base and am now far more comfortable to explore more within this application.

By Sam K

Oct 30, 2016

in conjunction with swirl this is a comprehensive starter kit for R. I already have some tools I can use in work (when they let me have it!)

By Hai Q P

Jul 31, 2016

It's a good preparation for a PhD prospective applicant like me. The course is tough but VERY USEFUL and INTERESTING! Thanks all Professors!

By Гамов А

Mar 15, 2016

Programming in R is different from programming in C and similar languages. After this course it is much easier to understand Python Pandas.

By LEYTON V H E

Aug 9, 2020

Los proyectos son muy duros y muy diferentes a lo que se presenta en los vídeos. Pero esa exigencia hace que se disfruten las actividades.

By OPPONG-KWAKYE C

May 24, 2017

This course really gives you the basics you need to become a good Data Scientist. The practical assignment made me adept at R Programming.

By Marcus V O

Oct 20, 2020

Curso muito bom! foi desenvolvido um programa em R que vai te ensinando e ajudando a resolver problemas no próprio software! muito bom!!!

By Christopher E

Aug 12, 2020

As the title suggests it is about programming in R. Not a lot of stress on all the built in functions, useful libraries, or plotting data.

By Shuvmay C

Jul 22, 2018

A very wonderfully explained course dealing with the basics of R, helps first timers to learn and understand R programming from the start.

By Rodney J

Jun 6, 2017

This is a terrific course that introduces the fundamental concepts of R programming and tests the students' mastery of the course content.

By Will G

Feb 28, 2016

The course progressed very rapidly. Only the basics of R programming were covered in the videos, but then the assignments were SUPER hard!

By Gabriel E B

Apr 20, 2020

Very complete course for the R programming language, it's only the tip of the iceberg, but the key features are well spot in this course.

By Matthew W

Feb 27, 2020

This course is well-organized and easy to understand. It provides an exhaustive and useful introduction to R language. I've learnt a lot!

By Dushyant B

Mar 4, 2017

A very good course and discussion board is the greatest help where you got directions to which area you need to explore to find answers.

By Victor R

Feb 28, 2016

This course is very helpful to learn R, swirl videos explain clearly all the technical skill. Assignments are very good to push my skill.

By amjad s

Feb 12, 2016

Really enjoy this course even i have done lot of programming and expert in other language but content is good and very easy to understand

By Tyler B

Mar 2, 2019

I feel this course should be called "Base R Programming" since tidyverse is becoming the new standard for R programming in data science.

By Jerry H

Mar 20, 2017

Very good lectures. Intense programming assignments worked well, got me up to speed with the basics of R. I would recommend this course.

By Doug H

Feb 15, 2016

Excellent introduction to R. I really liked the "swirl" interactive portion of the course. The coding assignments were very good also.

By Maria T C

Jun 18, 2020

I enjoyed this course because of the comprehensive explanation of the use of R. Also, practice exercises are really helpful. Thank you!

By Felicia S

May 3, 2020

Learned many things and many R tricks from this course. Discussed interesting topics I wouldn't have found or thought to search myself.

By Richard E

Apr 21, 2020

The format of this course, especially the assignments, forces you to go beyond the normal "memorize, regurgitate" ... loved the format.