Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ
Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

JM
Aug 11, 2019

Very challenging, but good course. I've been programming in R for over a year, but there were still some things for me to pick up in this class. Assignments were a challenge, but satisfying to tackle.

4201 - 4225 of 4,287 Reviews for R Programming

By Alexander N J

Oct 8, 2020

I don't feel like I really learned R from this course. I felt like they just made me aware of some features. Also, there was vast difference between the course lectures, swirl and actual assignments.

By Nkechi O

Oct 2, 2016

The assignments had nothing to do with the lectures. The teachers do a poor job of explaining basic concepts and theories. The class is a lot more advanced than the class description makes it seem.

By Shrief M A E

Jun 11, 2020

The assignments are too hard for the lessons that we had it made me frustrating, after week 2 I completely lost and didn't know what should I do .

I really don't recommend this course for beginners

By Yashar A

May 5, 2016

This course is the worst course that I have taken so far. I am not happy with the course content and the way that the lecturer uses to teach this course. I really want to refund my money!

By Leonardo A

Jan 20, 2016

There is a wide gap between the lectures and the practice. Its clear that the video material is completely inadequate and insufficient for the course. A poor introduction to programming.

By Jonathan H

May 23, 2016

The jump from the lecture material to the assignments was way too much. In order to complete the assignments, one needs to spend lots of time learning things not covered in the course.

By Dragana J

Apr 17, 2020

The course content does not match the material you are tested on in the assignments and quizzes. DO NOT take this course if you are looking for an introductory level coding course.

By Stacey M

Mar 31, 2020

Assignments don't match the lectures at all. Lectures are dry and simple and don't help you understand how to apply the topic to a real life situation. Don't waste your money.

Mar 6, 2016

Week 2 is an unreasonably difficult jump from Week 1. This course's beginner friendly lectures do not align with the level of understanding needed to complete the assignments.

By Juan A

Nov 30, 2017

This course was labelled as for beginners but was in no way for beginners. The instructors were completely absent. The course material did not reflect the assignments at all.

By Matthew G

Feb 10, 2017

Very hard for a beginner. Lacks the slow build up I needed. Missing an explanation about a comma cost me about 4 hours. The assignments are brutal which encourages cheating.

By Jeff T

Sep 10, 2016

homework was poorly structured and not adequately discussed in the lecture videos. Had to dig through several buried links to make any progress on the homework assignments.

By Joe C

Jun 7, 2020

The assignments used knowledge WAY above that taught in both Swirl and the lectures, i managed to complete through a lot of research but this has been incredibly tough!

By RUSHABH P Z

Jun 10, 2020

The level of assignments does not match the level of the course. They are very hard on a beginner. Some practice in the right direction could do help the beginner.

By Alonso S N

Mar 18, 2018

It's too time consuming, not for a newbie. The classes are pointless, cause they are pretty easy and then the homework is ULTRA-DIFFICULT, classes are pointless.

By Marion d

Oct 29, 2019

no help no teacher....it seems we are not here to learn but only to pay and challenged!! very very disapointing for a course that it sells for begninner!!

By Miguel I E

Jul 7, 2020

No se pone absoluto interesés en la progresión del alumno. Las explicaciones son extremadamente escuetas y las tares de una dificultad desproporcionada.

By Sailaja M

Feb 15, 2018

R training and coding is not good. Explanation is good but assignments are very different and one needs to self learn a lot of R coding by themselves.

By Mustafa F A

May 8, 2020

the worst course for someone has no knowledge about programming, if you don't have experience in any programming language .. don't take that course

By Aharon C

Jun 17, 2018

Lecturer is very poor, explains very little and the assignments he give have no connection whatsoever to what was taught. waste of money and energy

By Xavier A R T

Nov 6, 2020

Es el curso más aburrido que he tomado, no puede ser que algo netamente práctico lo hagan netamente teórico. pésimo. no voy a terminar este curso.

By Ahsan K

Assignments were too difficult and totally not relevant to learning materials. I believe alot of work needs to be input on course structure.

By Prutha L

Jul 14, 2019

insufficient study materials that dont cover quizzes and assignments content. had to give up after week 2.

do NOT recommend for beginners.

By Alhassan K H A

May 8, 2020

course need to be better organised. more information should be taught in videos.

more explanation should be given prior to assignments

By Mary R

May 5, 2020

This course was confusing, and the quizzes required knowledge outside of the readings and lectures. This is why I cannot learn online.