Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM
Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB
Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

76 - 100 of 743 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Allison

May 17, 2017

This class is awesome and the teacher really knows her stuff. It is so much better than trying to read a whole Human Resource book to learn to apply the principles. I recommend this course.

By Dorothy L M

Mar 30, 2016

Great course and highly recommended not just for HR professionals, but anyone that would be involved in the process. The instructors are dynamic and the materials are excellently prepared.

By Oghenenyore A O

Sep 18, 2020

I learnt a whole lot of stuff here with this course. I had no knowledge about HR in the first place but with this, I got an in-depth knowledge. I intend to do more and more courses online

By Andreea B B

Jan 8, 2021

I enjoyed a lot this course because is very well done and very specific, clear and the teachers explain very well and with examples for each situation with a higher degree of complexity.

By Stan K

Aug 6, 2020

I am grateful to both Amy and Stacey for an amazing learning material that they put together. It was a great and smooth experience. Highly recommend this course to all HR professionals.

By Karthikeyan S

Oct 10, 2019

Hai All, I strongly recommend this course for all the People Managers who are handling team and recruiters . As this course gives us strong foundation which enable us to perform better.

By Shaista S

Mar 27, 2019

I have learned a lot from this course and appreciated both lecturers on how the explained each topic. I will definitely use the knowledge gained from this course and apply it to my job.

By Ebony T

May 23, 2020

Great as a tool to enhance your skills as a manager, teaching participants how to lead from the front. It also gave practical tools for HR Generalist looking to bolster best practices.

By Latrisha M

Feb 28, 2021

The online presentation and information was well put together and easy to follow. The instructors had knowledge of the information presented and the course was fun and informative!

By Preya S

Jul 31, 2020

i give this course a five because it was so so interesting. the instructors, modules and assignments were so good. im sure it will help me in my career. highly recommend this course.

By KAREN C R

Jul 1, 2021

Muchas gracias por todo el conocimiento que entregan a cada uno de nosotros, sin duda esta información nos será de gran utilidad en la ejecución de nuestras labores.

KAREN CARTES R.

By Vikhyat B

The course was very good. These courses are best for the people who want to have a career in the HR field. The topics are explained thoroughly and in easy understandable language.

By A V S V S R

Jul 13, 2020

The course is designed in a very simple manner and provides a holistic view of the Recruiting Hiring and Onboarding process in an organization. It is very useful and appreciative

By Sandra A

Mar 16, 2020

I wanted to thank for the content of this course, it has been of great help for my career and for the great knowledge transferred from the experienced and professional teachers.

By Mausam P

Apr 19, 2017

This course is really useful to enhance your management and hiring skills. I'd like suggest every recruiter to complete this course. It's worthy to grow your skills and talent.

By LEN M F

Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course with lot of practical aspects shared. The experience shared by the resource person was very informative. The topics were explained well and were very clear

By Goher A H

Jun 12, 2020

I have learned practical and actionable tips about recruitment. Learned a new dynamics of onboarding. I was amazed how keenly onboarding is linked with the company success.

By AMANDA J

Aug 9, 2020

I had a great time learning about HR. The lessons were well organised and easily understood. I want to thank the lecturers and supporting staff for their great endeavours.

By Eliane D Y

Apr 3, 2017

I am very happy to take this course. It helped me a lot, clarify to me how to handle an onboarding employee. Even more I feel that I am confident to handle this task now.

By Michalla B

Jun 28, 2016

I found this course to be very helpful. It covered all the main points, was easy to understand, fun, and organized. The professors and guest speakers did a wonderful job.

By Basiru, I M

Sep 20, 2020

I sincerely appreciate all my lecturers and the Management of this program for a wonderful job. Thank you very much I really enjoy the course and it is very fantastic.

By Tara R

Aug 22, 2019

Basic introduction and knowledge to the field of HR and recruitment, good for beginners who are interested in developing in this area of work or just pure interest.

By Amy S

Apr 29, 2016

I really liked the first three weeks of this course from Amy. The content was excellent. Amy has a very detailed, thorough teaching style. Very easy to listen to.

By Karishma E

Jul 2, 2020

It was very helpful to know about the Recruitment process. I recommend to others , who is looking for good learning for recruitment , selection and onboarding .

By Gomolemo P

Dec 1, 2020

One of the best online courses. Very professional. And the lectures are really good at simplifying difficult terms. They articulate course content really well.