Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM

Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB

Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

76 - 100 of 882 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Gillian J L

May 22, 2020

This course gave me a great insight on how to easily onboard new hires, the process was broken down and well explained, i enjoyed the presentation. I simply loved it and i encourage everyone who is HR who hasn't taken it to do so.

By Lisi L

May 27, 2019

I'm new on the HR world and this course is perfectly providing the base to start to work on this field. Thank you for the great opportunity you're giving to all of us! and thanks to the professionals that are teaching this course!

By woody l

Feb 6, 2019

Fabulous course! learned a great deal about recruiting and love the additional onboarding info which is so vital to the organization but its seldom not enforced successfully which is really detrimental to the business overall.

By Janet N S

Apr 9, 2022

This course is very important to al Human Resource Officers aand those qho aspire to be competent HR officers. the aterial, the videos and examples made it easy to understant.

I hope to sign up for another course.

Janet

By Md. S I

May 8, 2020

Great course and great learning. The lectures were informatic and representation was also satisfactory. The contents were okay but should be developed by the course of time. Although the sound quality was a little poor.

By Laura B

Mar 25, 2020

Synthetical, clear and useful at every grade of experience. It's preparatory as base knowledge to start from as it's perfect for experienced HR workers to improve. This course helps you fill the gaps in your knowledge.

By Fatema M

Jul 25, 2022

This is the best courses I have even attended. I completly know about HR management, work, HR basis functions, hiring, onboarding, selection and other HR related issues. thank you so much dear teachers and trainers.

By Karmen M

Feb 5, 2019

Amazing course! Very informative and useful! It develops skills and confidence in interviewing new team members, understanding the whole selection process, as well as onboarding new hires. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Md. F H

Nov 22, 2020

This entire course should be a great opportunity for fresh HR and for the experience to polish their method. I'm glad to participate and really looking forward to applying the knowledge in my own professional life.

By Mar M A

Oct 20, 2020

I have my inspiration of my learning and objected to understanding of Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding and engaging of Employees. My accomplishment is I feel confident and developing my career goal to be success.

By NDZENGUE C F

Jul 27, 2020

Ce cours est excellent. j'ai beaucoup appris et renforcé mes connaissances en ce qui est du processus de recrutement et l'intégration. Un grand merci pour les professeurs et pour ce qui ont mis ce site en place.

By Vishal D

May 8, 2020

It's extremely great platform for upgrading your skills of HR .im really thankful to university of Minnesota that providing us such insightful sources of learning. I owe them for bringing such opportunity to me .

By Rebekah N

Nov 26, 2018

I loved Professor Amy Falink! Her examples in lecture discussions were helpful in learning new information. She really made me think outside the box when it comes to the importance of recruiting and onboarding!

By Regan G

Oct 30, 2020

this was a really good introduction into the field. I feel as a person who has never worked in the industry that I have some more insight into it and all that goes into it to make it as successful as possible

By Cassandra F

Apr 8, 2021

Great course, I learned a lot and everything was clear to understand. The PowerPoint was very helpful. I could not ask for more. Thank you so much for everything professor Amy and Stacy for all the help.

By Min T H

Dec 29, 2020

I have learned about recruitment and selection broadly through this course. this course can provide both theoretical and practical experience about human resource management (recruitment and selection).

Feb 26, 2020

Informative and involving course. I recommend every HR entity to take this course as it broadens perspective of recruiting and hiring and sharpens the onboarding employee skills.

Fantastic Experience!

By Laura R

Dec 1, 2020

The course is very well organized. It is completed and clear. I liked very much and I consider that it is very useful for people that are working in HR and people that not. Thanks a lot Coursera!

By Dawn C

May 22, 2020

I loved this course! I am learning a lot of new information about current, up to date techniques and I truly appreciate that! I am looking forward to learning even more in my final two classes.

By Lesley D

Apr 19, 2022

This course was very informative and engaging. The instruction was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I feel much more prepared to do a good job with our onboarding moving forward.

By Allison

May 17, 2017

This class is awesome and the teacher really knows her stuff. It is so much better than trying to read a whole Human Resource book to learn to apply the principles. I recommend this course.

By Dorothy L M

Mar 30, 2016

Great course and highly recommended not just for HR professionals, but anyone that would be involved in the process. The instructors are dynamic and the materials are excellently prepared.

By Oghenenyore A O

Sep 18, 2020

I learnt a whole lot of stuff here with this course. I had no knowledge about HR in the first place but with this, I got an in-depth knowledge. I intend to do more and more courses online

By Andreea B B

Jan 8, 2021

I enjoyed a lot this course because is very well done and very specific, clear and the teachers explain very well and with examples for each situation with a higher degree of complexity.

By Jason L

Dec 2, 2021

A very engaging lecturer and well paced lessons. She put obviously spent decent time putting together her presentations and it helped me learn and think about the topics she brought up.