Back to Renewable Energy: Fundamentals and Job Opportunities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Renewable Energy: Fundamentals and Job Opportunities by University at Buffalo

This course prepares you to recognize the complexities and nuances of different renewable energy solutions, as well as relevant career opportunities (both technical occupations and roles not typically associated with clean energy). Learners are immersed in discussions about green energy technologies, the impact of sustainability on society, energy consumption in the United States and conservation. Topics include: tenets of green building design and construction, solar energy conversion through photovoltaic cells, wind turbine site selection and design, and nanotechnology applications in clean energy. It references educational opportunities from the State University of New York (SUNY) system that correlate with each clean energy market segment. The course is suitable for anyone interested in entering the renewable energy field, whether fresh to the workforce or switching industries. Material encompasses online lectures, videos, demos, readings and discussions. Learners will create a career roadmap, whereby they define a job that interests them, conduct a gap assessment to determine additional education/training/skills they need, and document a pathway to their ideal renewable energy career....

SB

Apr 15, 2021

Amazing course! I learned so much more about solar and wind and our universe! We can accomplish so very much if we all take that first step and make it all matter!

MY

Aug 18, 2021

Excellent course on Renewable Energy. As a clean energy enthusiast I would like to recommend this course to my friends and colleagues.

26 - 41 of 41 Reviews for Renewable Energy: Fundamentals and Job Opportunities

By Пушкарёв М Д

Nov 17, 2021

Thanks

By Shrutika s s

Feb 23, 2022

Good

By Bhagyaditya S

Jun 25, 2021

nice

By Borra G

May 15, 2021

Good

By Muhammad A K

Oct 25, 2021

I have given it a 4 star and not 5 because the lectures could have been given in a more typical way I'd say and not more of the YouTube presentations. But, that being said, the course is good in providing basic knowledge about the major renewables. However, it only targets entry-level students. I could not relate much because I am already a Master's student, but I want to learn about wind and solar energy (basics to advanced level).

By Nicholas O

May 6, 2021

I great introduction to how renewable energy works and the careers available. I would like to have have had more examples and practice problems in the technical lesson. One of each problem is not enough for me to learn how to to them.

By Benjamin A G E

Mar 20, 2021

Very useful information. It's a good course for an introduction to renewable energy. I would appreciate if it has a second part with more technical knowledge.

By Nitish Y

Jun 27, 2021

Theory was more than required and more technical details should be included.

By Darren C

Jul 6, 2021

A nice overview of renewable energy with insightful information

By ADARSH P

Jun 11, 2021

NICE EXPERIENCE .HAPPY TO LEARN A LOT IN CLEAN ENERGY .

By MUHAMMAD Z A I

Apr 5, 2021

Nice lessons and amazing task

By Lis T

Mar 12, 2022

good course

By Jodi W

Apr 24, 2022

The course was helpful in getting more familiar with the clean energy forum, and the career options were very interesting. The course was very technical at times, which i thought was too much at times for a fundementals class. The speakers were very enlightening.

By A G B