Back to Research for Impact

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Research for Impact by University of Cape Town

In this course, you will learn more about the Research for Impact approach - a set of principles and practices that will help you to make your research more impactful. Traditionally, the goals and outcomes of research projects were to contribute knowledge and communicate this knowledge through academic publications and journal articles. But If we truly want our research to have an impact, we need to do research differently. Research that influences change in policy, practice, behaviour and attitudes. On this six-week journey, Jesse DeMaria-Kinney and Mark New share their experience of the Adaptation at Scale for Semi-arid Regions (ASSAR) Project, where they developed and refined the Research for Impact approach. They are joined by researchers and practitioners who followed this approach in their research. Together you will explore the five elements of the Research for Impact approach, i.e. Theory of Change; Stakeholder Engagement and Strategic Partnerships, Strategic Communication, Capacity Development; and Influencing. You will also get opportunities to hear from researchers and practitioners on the ground who followed this approach, and hopefully become inspired and equipped to incorporate these principles into your own research projects. The course is free to enroll and take. You will be offered the option of purchasing a certificate of completion, which you become eligible for if you successfully complete the course requirements. This can be an excellent way of staying motivated! Financial Aid is also available....

Y

Jul 18, 2020

I don't have money to pay for issue of certificate.I have completed Research for impact course successfully.I am sponsored by Kommuri Pratap Reddy Institute of Technology.Kindly issue e-certificate.

GR

May 23, 2020

Great experience in my career "to learn in a short period". Changed my idea of research for a great level. Thanks so much much Coursera, Oxfam and University of Capetown.

26 - 37 of 37 Reviews for Research for Impact

By Ayenew G

Jun 21, 2022

The course is very valuable and the course team is amazing. The course helps me think out of the common box. I would like to work on research for impact with the team!

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Ayenew Gezie (PhD)

Bahir Dar University

Ethiopia

By Mary j N

May 27, 2022

Thank you very much for a very comprehensive topics you have shared.. I have learned a lot. God bless

By Anne M

Jul 26, 2021

The course was very insightful and a big thank you to the instructors and the respective Institutions

By Lipolelo N M

Jul 12, 2021

This was a very productive course for me I would do it again if it had a higher level

By Till G

Feb 16, 2021

Highly informative and iterative to help understand and design better research!

By Fentahun G M

Mar 14, 2022

Thank U very much. I am on the right track due to your great contribution.

By Teresa B

Oct 4, 2021

​excellent course

By Lerato M

Oct 7, 2021

a​mazing

By Jacob J F

Jun 30, 2022

I'm happy that I took this course. It has opened my eye to a whole new approach of research - the Research for Impact approach. This is where the research is done with key stakeholders as a way of easily communicating finsdings and creating the space for those stakeholders to utilize the research findings. Additionally, the materials in the course are presented by people who have vast experiences in research drawn from different fields. I like it!

By ANKUR U

Jan 4, 2022

Really great course with a focus on practical aspects of learning. There are no complaints, but appreciation for the course makers. But, there's general feedback that there should be a more structured way for the peer-graded assessments. When there are no assessments to review (even when you have submitted your tasks before the deadline), you feel a little demotivated.