Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG

Jul 27, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB

Sep 10, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

251 - 275 of 1,290 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Bridjesh P

Apr 06, 2020

The course on Understanding Research Methods has given me confidence and helped me to learn the aspects in doing research from scratch.

By Venilton F

Sep 13, 2017

Excelente curso, uma ótima opção para quem deseja ter uma visão geral (e genérica) sobre os principais métodos de pesquisa científicos.

By BALKIS P

Jun 21, 2020

What an amazing organisation pf material and assignment. Its really worthful. The material that provided is really helpful in future.

By Jeffrey M F

Great course providing a comprehensive overview of research methods and how to use them and assess how they were properly implemented!

By Emily C

Sep 10, 2017

An excellent overview in understanding research methods, definitely helpful for anyone who wants to go into a research-oriented field.

By Beka K

Jul 13, 2017

Soft and light, but very essential and necessary course. I recommend this course to anyone, generally, interested in research methods.

By Dr S S

Jun 06, 2017

The course Understanding Research Methods is a wonderful course that perfectly plugs the gap that new entrants in research experience.

By Onyenwe S C

Jun 30, 2020

with the knowledge gained from this course i am now able to focus on the relevant things i need in other to perform my research topic

By Cherryl C

Jun 14, 2020

This course helped me a lot to develop my knowledge in research methods, Now i can proceed with my research study. Thank you coursera

By Sachchida N

Jun 09, 2020

this course is very useful for all of us who worked in education and research field, the working principle and review is very useful.

By Yeimy S D C

Apr 13, 2020

The course is fantastic, it allows the application of knowledge to practice, it promotes theory. It's a fundamental training process.

By Xenia M

Jul 17, 2017

It was a good and clear course that helped me organize myself and understand better the requierments to do a quality scientific work.

By LIZ A P P

Jul 14, 2017

me parece excelente el curso porque le permite a los investigadores jovenes, desarrollar habilidades para mejorar sus investigaciones

By Gladson V

Jul 09, 2020

I found this course very helpful, especially for the fact that I'm learning research methodology as one of my courses this semester.

By SHWETHA M P

Apr 16, 2020

It was really knowledgeable course..ileaned many things from this course..thank you so much for such a wonderful and valuable course

By Joy L L

Feb 11, 2020

The best! Thank you, University of London, SOAS University of London (Dr. J. Simon Rofe and Dr. Yenn Lee) and Coursera.

More Power!

By abdulbaset a

Jul 26, 2019

Very interactive course, well explained. It is also allow feedback form other students which I find very valuable. Very recommended

By anila s

Aug 11, 2020

Its a wonderful subject about researchband its an initiative step for me in my researchwork . I m happy to complete this course.

By Akanksha N

May 23, 2020

Enhanced my skill for writing a valid and appropriate research review. The importance of research approaches were duly magnified.

By Shreyank G K

This is my first course on this platform. Many complex aspects of the research are described in very simple words and definitions

By vibhuti p

Nov 19, 2017

This course was very helpful and insightful. Specially, the peer review system was truly something which added worth to our work.

By Yesid A

Jul 28, 2020

Muy buen curso introductorio sobre los métodos de investigación más usados actualmente, sus enfoques, herramientas y resultados.

By Keun W K

Mar 09, 2020

There is a new education system where I evaluate my peers and my peers rate me.

Although the lectures weren't much, they helped.

By Gangodu n r

Sep 22, 2020

Good course if you are under graduate or research professional who want to brush up on key aspects of research and its methods.

By Noor u a

Aug 13, 2020

this course is really helpful to enhance your critical thinking and skills to think over the project and put questions about it