Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

JV
Nov 28, 2020

A well made lesson with focus of what matters the most in research. The university of London along with Coursera did a great job at pointing out how research topics should be approached.\n\nThank you

301 - 325 of 1,751 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Jonathan E A S

Mar 11, 2020

Me pareció un buen curso, muy sencillo y con el material de lectura bastante claro y comprensible.

Ojalá continúen con los cursos pues son bastante buenos

By Dailux J

Dec 29, 2019

The course helped me to understand the basics of research. Also received some important reading materials on the topic. Worth for the efforts. Thank you.

By Balkrishna P

Sep 2, 2020

First experience as a peer-reviewed course rather than the conventional faculty-rated approach. It was fun learning and helping others to learn as well!

By Gunjan k

Aug 21, 2020

Thanks for providing a super excellent course understanding research methods.I have learnt lot of techniques and management skill .

Gunjan kumar india

By Moses O

May 1, 2020

It has been put in the sense that it's easy to understand and deal with .

It's a nice one ,I recomend it though I dont know what others preference are.

By Francisco S

Nov 22, 2020

Congratulations for a simple and practical online training that covers basic concepts generally misunderstood by researchers. Well done and good luck

By ZIA U R

Jul 9, 2020

I absolutely love learning about the research methods from these amazing folks. I highly recommend this course one who wants to learn about research.

By Deisy M V N

May 9, 2017

Dr. Simon have all the patient to teach you, the contents are really easy to understand, the material is really good to learn about research methods.

By nmgnmg

Mar 20, 2021

Will provide the insight into building block research concepts - along with advice. Useful and recommended if you are to deliver research findings.

By zenun r

Nov 25, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned much about research. it boosted my confidence and gave me inspiration to go through my research. Thank you coursera

By Divya R

Jul 18, 2020

The videos of comments about various aspects of research from multiple academicians, which were made a part of the course was extremely informative.

By Jeniffer V P

Oct 12, 2018

Muy interesante, constructivo para las personas que llevan tesis o investigaciones. Me sirvió de mucho para aclarar ciertos enfoques investigativos.

By VIVEKANAND.V.R

Oct 13, 2017

I found the course and the reading material provided to be very useful. I do highly recommend this to all who are in their early days into research.

By Nguyễn H K

Dec 24, 2019

Very inspiring course I have ever taken, great teachers and great teammates, appreciate the team's efforts for bringing this course into real life.

By Kamyab E

Feb 12, 2019

Great Course with Great Teachers ! Thanks for Improving my Rational Thinking about research topics which I am about to Face in my future education.

By Amadi I P

Jul 30, 2020

I love the assignments and works given. It gave me a general knowledge of Research Methods and how it can be used to make my Research work better!

By Sandjong Y T I

Jun 26, 2020

This course was really interesting and i like how the communicators really got the point of each video. Explanations were very clear and precised.

By Jennifer V

Dec 13, 2017

Una excelente forma de complementar los conocimientos previos sobre los métodos de investigación y su pertinencia en proyectos en curso y futuros.

By Katherine S

Mar 30, 2017

Really loved this course. It was completely understandable and easy to apply to my own project. I only wish there was more to the review function!

By Pam G

Nov 2, 2020

I love how it presents different points of view and simple explanations on how to go about conducting a research project. It has helped me a lot.

By Abdulkadir B S

Oct 14, 2020

Excellent and well structured course. It is very engaging and interesting to follow and understand. The random quizzes that pop were very helpful

By Garima T

May 1, 2020

It is very well organised and the topic is explained properly in the form of interview so that we are able to know the views of different experts

By Adryana M

Sep 21, 2021

Very helpful course, from my point of view, because as a beginner I learned a lot and I feel more encouraged to start my career as a researcher!

By BALARAM M

Jul 16, 2020

A great understanding from renowned professors around the world. I have learned about research methodology which is highly motivating. Thanks :)

By Sukarna D M

Jun 17, 2019

It is a very interesting course. It helps me to explore and develop the research idea which is hidden in my mind. It makes me a good researcher.