Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

MA
Sep 12, 2019

It was a perfect course for understanding the research methods. It helps me a lot, thanks to the University of London and Coursera for providing this opportunity to enhance our Knowledge in research.

326 - 350 of 1,762 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Sukarna D M

Jun 17, 2019

It is a very interesting course. It helps me to explore and develop the research idea which is hidden in my mind. It makes me a good researcher.

By Russell H

Sep 8, 2021

T​his course is well done and presented in a way to introduce researchers to the methods and proceesses for conducting graduate level research.

By Kalpana H

Nov 3, 2020

Nice Course. Module Contains Very Crisp Interview Sessions with Excellent Professors. Elaborated every corners with clear answers.

With Regards

By Ricardo E

Jan 3, 2021

The course is excellent, the interviews of the researchers allow reflection. The activities and the feedback of them among peers is rewarding.

By Dr. A L C

Oct 14, 2021

Your understanding improves with respect to the aspects like Peer Review, Qualitative Research, Research Methods and Research and Development

By Umesha W

Jan 3, 2021

This is a very good opportunity for anyone to get a basic knowledge on research writing. It will give a good confidence to do your research.

By Uriel L

Aug 2, 2017

Fue un curso muy útil para mi formación académica, me ayudó a aprender bases fundamentales para el desarrollo de una correcta investigación.

By shivappa g

Oct 24, 2021

It was great experience, one of the essential course to build the research skill. Thank you for giving me this opportunity at free of cost.

By Jaec C S

Oct 4, 2020

I had so much fun and new learn new things in this course. I like how my classmates complement my assignments. thank you coursera and DOST.

By syed r y

Apr 9, 2018

it was a very good course specially being my first course at this coursera program it really helped me develop the basic sense of research.

By Raghava P

Jan 27, 2021

Great course for the Scholars who are in their preliminary stages of research to understand different research methods that one can adopt.

By Muhammad N

Jan 25, 2021

Its a very great opportunity for me to understand the research methods , I really thankful to University of London for providing a Course.

By NIAZ M

Jul 21, 2020

I'm very much happy that i have been able to complete this course.This course taught me social research very well and in an enjoyable way.

By Laura E

Feb 3, 2021

Buen curso, facil y sencillo y se aprende mucho, de poco tiempo y se abarca lo mas importante sin necesidad de indagar mucho en el tema.

By Soham C

Feb 23, 2020

The course has got a very innovative design. It does shows the world the teaching-learning process can be really so simple and effective.

By Tofail A

Jun 9, 2019

Excellent way of learning through a systemic approach by the scholars interviews and documentation. A complete basic research guidelines.

By Batoul E

Apr 22, 2020

Thanks for this well-designed course. I really benefited from it and I will recommend it for other colleagues. All the best from Jordan!

By Tinel B

Apr 11, 2021

This course is very interesting, understandable and it just requires time to read listen and understand what to do. I really enjoyed it

By Sumon A

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you so much for this great opportunity for learning Research Methods. It is a nice course for those who are doing their research.

By Akilla

Jul 6, 2020

I had a great time. I learnt how to understand research methods and how to solve research questions. What a great experience. Thank you

By AIMABLE N

Jun 29, 2020

This course was well planned. I have gained more skills in research methodologies, and this is an added advantage to complete my MPhil.

By Bridjesh P

Apr 6, 2020

The course on Understanding Research Methods has given me confidence and helped me to learn the aspects in doing research from scratch.

By Venilton F

Sep 13, 2017

Excelente curso, uma ótima opção para quem deseja ter uma visão geral (e genérica) sobre os principais métodos de pesquisa científicos.

By Michael A E B

Jun 11, 2021

It is a very informative course to take. I learned a lot about the research methods and how are we going to prepare a reseach project.

By DR K S

May 9, 2021

I found this course very resourceful and educative. The knowledge gained will be put into practice in my career as a young researcher.