Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

MA
Sep 12, 2019

It was a perfect course for understanding the research methods. It helps me a lot, thanks to the University of London and Coursera for providing this opportunity to enhance our Knowledge in research.

376 - 400 of 1,797 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Jay-Lone C

Sep 30, 2020

EVERYTHING IN THIS COURSE ARE AWESOME. VERY INFORMATIVE AND TOPICS IS REALLY APPROPRIATE TO THE COURSE AS WELL AS THE ACTIVITIES.

By anila s

Aug 11, 2020

Its a wonderful subject about researchband its an initiative step for me in my researchwork . I m happy to complete this course.

By Akanksha N

May 23, 2020

Enhanced my skill for writing a valid and appropriate research review. The importance of research approaches were duly magnified.

This is my first course on this platform. Many complex aspects of the research are described in very simple words and definitions

By vibhuti p

Nov 19, 2017

This course was very helpful and insightful. Specially, the peer review system was truly something which added worth to our work.

By Constantinos M

Nov 15, 2020

It was my first experience, following an online course. I am very happy since i it helped me a lot, respecting my daily program.

By Yesid A

Jul 28, 2020

Muy buen curso introductorio sobre los métodos de investigación más usados actualmente, sus enfoques, herramientas y resultados.

By Keun W K

Mar 9, 2020

There is a new education system where I evaluate my peers and my peers rate me.

Although the lectures weren't much, they helped.

By Niño S M

Nov 6, 2021

Though the workload is considerably light, it also came with new ideas and concepts I have never encountered before. Thank you!

By Prakash G

May 2, 2021

Thank you to all the mentors, univeristy of london and the coursera. It was great experience to be part of such amazing course.

By Gangodu n r

Sep 22, 2020

Good course if you are under graduate or research professional who want to brush up on key aspects of research and its methods.

By Noor U A

Aug 13, 2020

this course is really helpful to enhance your critical thinking and skills to think over the project and put questions about it

By ANAND P P

Feb 18, 2020

Very informative course and should be taken by all those who plan to be good researchers. The study resources are really great!

By Okudzeto H

Jan 24, 2019

I am really enjoying this course that helps me to learn from my colleagues across the globe. Great work done for this platform.

By lajwanti n

Oct 5, 2020

Excellent Course for the beginners who would like to pursue research. The topics covered are very relevant for Social Sciences

By Tanuj C

Aug 29, 2020

The readings were really nice and easy to understand and overall experience of learning about the research has been very good.

By SHAWON B S

Jul 20, 2020

The course was fun and interesting. Learned some basics on how and where to start. Thanks to the mentors and speakers as well.

By Marjorie B M

Mar 17, 2020

This course give a lot of information that are so important regarding our studies. I hope it help a lot of future researchers.

By Nivedya P

Jun 15, 2020

It was a very simple yet helpful course that covered most aspects about developing a research and making it a successful one.

By Tuscano, M B

Feb 20, 2020

This course really helps the student to analyze, review and think critically about formulating and doing research. Thank you!

By ali m

Oct 24, 2021

I am satisfied with the course being offerfed. This course has given me insights and refresh my understanding on methodology

By AISHA B

Jul 20, 2020

It was really fun to do this course, I loved the way course is structured . Looking forward to more such courses in future.

By K J K

Apr 20, 2020

I will give 5 points Full y satisfied by the course and the instructors have shared the valuable information to the students

By Karen M

Oct 29, 2020

It was a very interesting and informative experience and it gave me a lot of clarifications about the concepts of Research.

By Fernando C

Oct 1, 2020

Just a short course but you will learn and realize broader and wider than what you thought when you first scan this course.