Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

MA
Sep 12, 2019

It was a perfect course for understanding the research methods. It helps me a lot, thanks to the University of London and Coursera for providing this opportunity to enhance our Knowledge in research.

201 - 225 of 1,791 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Carlos R P M

Mar 9, 2019

Es un muy buen curso, de verdad te deja buenas enseñanzas y sobre todo el cómo hacer o empezar a hacer tu búsqueda de información para un trabajo de tesis o en general cualquier trabajo de investigación.

By Balaji A

Mar 13, 2017

Its a wonderful course for all research students and beginners to have a good understanding of research methods and Review of Literature in general. I would endorse this course for all research scholars.

By Delma O S M

Jun 27, 2020

Provee las herramientas para entender cuáles son los métodos de investigación y las recomendaciones para realizar una buena investigación. Los compañeros ofrecen sugerencias y comentarios muy valiosos.

By Reecha

Feb 10, 2020

Such a nice helped me to get a clear idea of how to do a research project. Videos have helped me to get perspectives from different lecturers. Feeling happy about the course. A great course by courseera

By John V

Apr 28, 2021

The readings were excellent, and readable 0 which is a plus for a course such as this.

The 1 or zero peer-review rating was 'rough' and maybe 0 to 5 to differentiate effort and results in the e-tivity.

By Glen V

Jun 18, 2020

This is very helpful if you want to refresh your ideas about research particularly on the methods used. Thank you Coursera and University of London for bringing this material for free. More power.

By Irina

Sep 7, 2021

It was very useful to participate in this course. What I liked is that it also provides links to passages from books on the topic which allow you to take a more in depth look on research methods.

By Alia S

May 30, 2021

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars. It helps me a lot, thanks to the University of London and Coursera for providing this opportunity to enhance our Knowledge in research.

By Kanishka W

Mar 2, 2021

One of the valuable courses that I found in the Coursera. It helped me to understand the main components of a research and why we need them. Thank you UOL and Coursera for providing this course.

By Pooja N

Feb 16, 2021

It is a well-curated course that helped me gain essential insights into the research methods and process. I believe my understanding from here will contribute valuably through my journey ahead.

By Priyangaa A

Aug 4, 2020

The course is different from the usual lecture-oriented course. The views of different researchers on research methods provides meaningful insight. I enjoyed watching the interviews. Thank you.

By Rivera c

May 15, 2020

understanding research methods are very useful to me. it is a very good approach for all the scholar students who are studied. A very good platform for learning everything. thank you very much.

By Manju P K

Jul 16, 2020

I am very lucky to do the course through coursera. The reading material is and resourses are arranged in an efficient order. Resourceful RPs. Really amazing and wonderful corse arrangement.

By Maharajalakshmi S

Sep 21, 2020

I am a first generation graduate in my family and my exposure to the aspects of research is minimal. This course expanded my knowledge on research methods. Thanks to the teachers of coursera.

By Dr. M Y

Feb 29, 2020

The course was very informative and provides comprehensive information about Research methodology, review of literature and planning to be done for successful completion of proposed research.

By Shirley, Y C

Aug 2, 2020

This is truly a great lesson for a biggner to learn and understand what is about "Research". The 4 -week lessons helped me to build a clear structure for the procedure of a research purpose.

By Novi A T

Jun 30, 2020

This course really helps me understanding how to make a good research project. As a lecturer, it is really helpful and insightful. Thank you very much, especially to the coaches. Keep it up!

By Cesar G G R

Apr 19, 2019

excelente curso,tiene buenas herramientas como vídeos,texto,la información es clara y concisa.

Excelente curso,agradezco mucho la informacion ,me ayudo a centrar los objetivos de mi proyecto.

By GUERRERO M B K

Jan 19, 2021

It was definitely a very interesting course, which has helped me to know more about the research methods, the videos are short and concise, and the feedback between the forum is very good.

By M T R

Apr 13, 2020

It is a useful course and the teaching materials; especially the video lessons are engaging. This course has helped me to improve my research skill. Thanks to the instructors and Coursera.

By alireza m

Nov 19, 2020

it is a valuable course for everybody who wants to gain a true understanding of research. Thank you to all professors who teach me primary concepts of research with an effective approach.

By Dr. K R

Jul 30, 2019

Highly useful course! It change my attitude towards Research and writing a project proposal. I recommend this course for the students/academicians who are interested in pursuing Research!

By Onkar A

May 13, 2020

very good and to the point course, nothing excess, instructors both simon and yenn are good. All the interviewees also gave very helpful insights on reseaching, Thank you simon and yenn!

By Faizan A

Apr 10, 2020

It was really my good experience of online learning, Your video structure well design with proper step. I really understood about research; and now able to start research writing. Thanks

By Shonavee S

Jan 22, 2021

A good introduction to research for postgrad, masters and higher degree research students. I think last year bachelor students could use this course well in preparation for Honours too.