Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

JV
Nov 28, 2020

A well made lesson with focus of what matters the most in research. The university of London along with Coursera did a great job at pointing out how research topics should be approached.\n\nThank you

276 - 300 of 1,558 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Kamyab E

Feb 12, 2019

Great Course with Great Teachers ! Thanks for Improving my Rational Thinking about research topics which I am about to Face in my future education.

By Amadi I P

Jul 30, 2020

I love the assignments and works given. It gave me a general knowledge of Research Methods and how it can be used to make my Research work better!

By Sandjong Y T I

Jun 26, 2020

This course was really interesting and i like how the communicators really got the point of each video. Explanations were very clear and precised.

By Jennifer V

Dec 13, 2017

Una excelente forma de complementar los conocimientos previos sobre los métodos de investigación y su pertinencia en proyectos en curso y futuros.

By Katherine S

Mar 30, 2017

Really loved this course. It was completely understandable and easy to apply to my own project. I only wish there was more to the review function!

By Pam G

Nov 2, 2020

I love how it presents different points of view and simple explanations on how to go about conducting a research project. It has helped me a lot.

By Abdulkadir B S

Oct 14, 2020

Excellent and well structured course. It is very engaging and interesting to follow and understand. The random quizzes that pop were very helpful

By Garima T

May 1, 2020

It is very well organised and the topic is explained properly in the form of interview so that we are able to know the views of different experts

By BALARAM M

Jul 16, 2020

A great understanding from renowned professors around the world. I have learned about research methodology which is highly motivating. Thanks :)

By Sukarna D M

Jun 17, 2019

It is a very interesting course. It helps me to explore and develop the research idea which is hidden in my mind. It makes me a good researcher.

By Kalpana H

Nov 3, 2020

Nice Course. Module Contains Very Crisp Interview Sessions with Excellent Professors. Elaborated every corners with clear answers.

With Regards

By Ricardo E

Jan 3, 2021

The course is excellent, the interviews of the researchers allow reflection. The activities and the feedback of them among peers is rewarding.

By Umesha W

Jan 3, 2021

This is a very good opportunity for anyone to get a basic knowledge on research writing. It will give a good confidence to do your research.

By Uriel L

Aug 2, 2017

Fue un curso muy útil para mi formación académica, me ayudó a aprender bases fundamentales para el desarrollo de una correcta investigación.

By Jaec C S

Oct 4, 2020

I had so much fun and new learn new things in this course. I like how my classmates complement my assignments. thank you coursera and DOST.

By syed r y

Apr 9, 2018

it was a very good course specially being my first course at this coursera program it really helped me develop the basic sense of research.

By Raghava P

Jan 27, 2021

Great course for the Scholars who are in their preliminary stages of research to understand different research methods that one can adopt.

By Muhammad N

Jan 25, 2021

Its a very great opportunity for me to understand the research methods , I really thankful to University of London for providing a Course.

By NIAZ M

Jul 21, 2020

I'm very much happy that i have been able to complete this course.This course taught me social research very well and in an enjoyable way.

By Laura E

Feb 3, 2021

Buen curso, facil y sencillo y se aprende mucho, de poco tiempo y se abarca lo mas importante sin necesidad de indagar mucho en el tema.

By SOHAM C

Feb 23, 2020

The course has got a very innovative design. It does shows the world the teaching-learning process can be really so simple and effective.

By Tofail A

Jun 9, 2019

Excellent way of learning through a systemic approach by the scholars interviews and documentation. A complete basic research guidelines.

By Batoul E

Apr 22, 2020

Thanks for this well-designed course. I really benefited from it and I will recommend it for other colleagues. All the best from Jordan!

By Sumon A

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you so much for this great opportunity for learning Research Methods. It is a nice course for those who are doing their research.

By Akilla

Jul 6, 2020

I had a great time. I learnt how to understand research methods and how to solve research questions. What a great experience. Thank you