Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

MA
Sep 12, 2019

It was a perfect course for understanding the research methods. It helps me a lot, thanks to the University of London and Coursera for providing this opportunity to enhance our Knowledge in research.

401 - 425 of 1,565 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Daniel D R R

Jul 4, 2020

Aprendí varias cosas nuevas que me van a servir en mi vida de investigador.

Les agradezco mucho a ustedes!

By Akhil S

Feb 27, 2016

This course is really helpful in understanding research methods as well as adding up a lot of information

By Qadeer A

Jan 30, 2016

It has many major points and tips that the one should know about before doing any search in any criteria.

By KagisoRamogale

Feb 23, 2021

Research has always been a great part of my career. Now, this course has rekindled my love for research.

By Rishi M

Dec 7, 2020

Just what I needed. This course has been a good preparation for my research project. Highly recommended.

By SWAGATA P 2

Jul 26, 2020

This course has really helped me to understand research methodology and also helped me in my LLM course.

By Недопекина Е М

Feb 25, 2020

Thank you for this course!

It has been very comprehensive and useful for my further research activity :)

By Quilala, M G C

Feb 10, 2020

I like how topics were relayed on each week. Videos were relevant and sources are reliable. Keep it up!

By Dr. R K V

Jul 17, 2017

This course is very interesting, relevant and useful for all the research scholars as well as teachers.

By Edna M C

Oct 29, 2020

This course is very valuable especially for those pursuing advanced studies and during writing papers.

By Donnica T

Sep 21, 2020

This course was very helpful and a lot of knowledge was gained! Thank you for this great opportunity.

By AASHISH A J

Jul 2, 2020

Activity based learning helps a lot to think, act and develop. Really happy to be part of this course

By Leonardo M P M

Sep 6, 2017

Curso sucinto e rico. Apresenta ótimos textos e vídeos, ambos bem explicativos. Recomendo fortemente!

By SONG S

Mar 8, 2016

The interviewees give me the multiple ways to understand the Research. It is interesting and helpful!

By sagar c

Sep 23, 2020

Short and accurate. The interviews were amazing and gave an astonishing insight. Highly recommended.

By Abdullah H F A

Jul 10, 2020

honestly I would say that, I really got to know more about methods used while preparing a research.

By Liann G

Apr 10, 2020

Although the course is only 4 weeks long, the reading material is fascinating! You will learn a lot.

By Dr V

Apr 1, 2020

best course with integrated outline which helps to understand the semantics of research methodology.

By Jorge T M

Jul 5, 2018

Si me gusto ya que aborda de manera acertada mediante entrevista a personas relacionadas con el tema

By Zia U M

May 7, 2017

An invaluable course for everyone who wants pursue career in academia/ research or higher education.

By John R P R

Jan 6, 2021

thank you so much for this wonderful lecture, I'm looking forward for more contents from your insti

By Margaret T

Jan 2, 2021

i think an assignment should be given where by students conduct a research and is reviewed by peers

By Lindokuhle N

Dec 14, 2020

This was a very good course for me, I have learned a lot on how to conduct a research study, Thanks

By Suzanne M W

Sep 24, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I’ll be searching for another course imminently.

Suzanne Wright

By Raymond O

Jun 30, 2020

I learned a lot of stuff. The videos are amazing. I will continue to watch those I saved. Thank you