Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

JV
Nov 28, 2020

A well made lesson with focus of what matters the most in research. The university of London along with Coursera did a great job at pointing out how research topics should be approached.\n\nThank you

451 - 475 of 1,741 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Недопекина Е М

Feb 25, 2020

Thank you for this course!

It has been very comprehensive and useful for my further research activity :)

By Quilala, M G C

Feb 10, 2020

I like how topics were relayed on each week. Videos were relevant and sources are reliable. Keep it up!

By Dr. R K V

Jul 17, 2017

This course is very interesting, relevant and useful for all the research scholars as well as teachers.

By Preeti k

Jun 10, 2021

If carefully read and completed assignments then its a great course to learn from. highly recommended.

By Jamal E

Apr 4, 2021

I got valuable information from this course that will help me when I start writing my master's thesis.

By Edna M C

Oct 29, 2020

This course is very valuable especially for those pursuing advanced studies and during writing papers.

By Raja M B

Aug 18, 2021

The course was really beneficial for doing and understanding better research techniques. Thanks alot.

By Navaneetha G

Jul 5, 2021

I would like to thank the team for the videos and lectures. They were helpful to upgrade my career.

By Donnica T

Sep 21, 2020

This course was very helpful and a lot of knowledge was gained! Thank you for this great opportunity.

By AASHISH A J

Jul 2, 2020

Activity based learning helps a lot to think, act and develop. Really happy to be part of this course

By Leonardo M

Sep 6, 2017

Curso sucinto e rico. Apresenta ótimos textos e vídeos, ambos bem explicativos. Recomendo fortemente!

By SONG S

Mar 8, 2016

The interviewees give me the multiple ways to understand the Research. It is interesting and helpful!

By Md. S R

Jul 1, 2021

A great course for gaining knowledge about research. Anyone can do it. I hope everyone will like it.

By Sagar C

Sep 23, 2020

Short and accurate. The interviews were amazing and gave an astonishing insight. Highly recommended.

By Abdullah H F A

Jul 10, 2020

honestly I would say that, I really got to know more about methods used while preparing a research.

By Liann G

Apr 10, 2020

Although the course is only 4 weeks long, the reading material is fascinating! You will learn a lot.

By Dr V

Apr 1, 2020

best course with integrated outline which helps to understand the semantics of research methodology.

By Jorge T M

Jul 5, 2018

Si me gusto ya que aborda de manera acertada mediante entrevista a personas relacionadas con el tema

By Zia U M

May 7, 2017

An invaluable course for everyone who wants pursue career in academia/ research or higher education.

By akshatha j

May 14, 2021

It really help ful to my career and also i recommend this to course my freinds,thank you professors

By John R P R

Jan 6, 2021

thank you so much for this wonderful lecture, I'm looking forward for more contents from your insti

By Margaret T

Jan 2, 2021

i think an assignment should be given where by students conduct a research and is reviewed by peers

By Lindokuhle N

Dec 14, 2020

This was a very good course for me, I have learned a lot on how to conduct a research study, Thanks

By Suzanne M W

Sep 24, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I’ll be searching for another course imminently.

Suzanne Wright

By Raymond O

Jun 30, 2020

I learned a lot of stuff. The videos are amazing. I will continue to watch those I saved. Thank you