Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB
Sep 9, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

451 - 475 of 1,565 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By JOSE

Jun 5, 2020

Thank you very much. I enjoyed the course. Very beneficial. I appreciate all people involved.

By MUZAMMIL H

Course content was nicely describe and well structures specially the videos are more help ful

By Sparsha K

Sep 29, 2018

It's a very good course and to be recommended to anyone who has a passion to pursue research.

By Precella J

Oct 22, 2020

The course was simple and very informative. I enjoyed the entirety of the course. Thank you.

By Clarissa M P

Sep 4, 2020

I like the course. It is very easy to understand the my peers are kind and very cooperative.

By yuyawin

Jul 10, 2020

This course need for junior researcher or the people who will do the research as first time.

By Asad I H

Jun 23, 2020

The course is well planned and will help understand what it actually means to do a research.

By Aditya R

May 23, 2020

The course was very engaging, and e-ctivity make things understand with hands-on experience.

By Dr. N P P

This course helped me fill gaps in my clarity. I thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience.

By Mukuka B

Mar 10, 2020

This is a great course that will open up your mind to the understanding of research methods.

By Lucas B

Jan 13, 2020

It is a really well structured introduction to this broad subject which is research methods.

By AYESHA A

Jun 14, 2020

This course enhance my knowledge.Thank you coursera to give me such a learning opportunity.

By KAMALUL A B C R

Apr 7, 2020

very good and useful for postgraduate students to enhance their atitude,skill and knowledge

By Irna L

Nov 1, 2020

This course really helps me to get broader understanding about research methods and design

By Katherasala S

Oct 20, 2020

really amazing course, which gives practical knowledge and wider scope on research methods

By Alwala H

Sep 26, 2020

Eexcellently designed the course it helped me to set a goal and how to finish my project.

By Jeta S

Jun 1, 2020

This was my first time taking a course in this format and it far exceeded my expectations.

By Pablo E G S

May 19, 2018

Excellent course, this course give me new ideas and new forms for to do my investigations.

By Ian V M

Jan 14, 2017

I like the part where exemplars share their views based on their knowledge and experience.

By Christsam J

May 22, 2020

It's very simple and direct to the point. The format of the course is pretty interesting.

By PANDYA Y U

Apr 16, 2019

Very much helpful online platform for understanding the concepts of research methodology.

By Christine F

Nov 15, 2020

Really helpful and informative. Instructors were clear and I liked the interview format.

By Kevine O

Oct 31, 2020

Very flexible mode of study, I highly recommend this particular course for researchers.

By Yon S u c

Sep 22, 2020

muy bueno. deberian mejorar los textos en ingles para las personas que no hablan imgles.

By Afnan a a

The course is very impressive, and I benefited a lot, thankful and able for your efforts