Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG
Jul 26, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB
Sep 9, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

526 - 550 of 1,764 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By LAIBA A

Jun 14, 2020

This course enhance my knowledge.Thank you coursera to give me such a learning opportunity.

By KAMALUL A B C R

Apr 7, 2020

very good and useful for postgraduate students to enhance their atitude,skill and knowledge

By Irna L

Nov 1, 2020

This course really helps me to get broader understanding about research methods and design

By Katherasala S

Oct 20, 2020

really amazing course, which gives practical knowledge and wider scope on research methods

By Alwala H

Sep 26, 2020

Eexcellently designed the course it helped me to set a goal and how to finish my project.

By Jeta S

Jun 1, 2020

This was my first time taking a course in this format and it far exceeded my expectations.

By Pablo E G S

May 19, 2018

Excellent course, this course give me new ideas and new forms for to do my investigations.

By Ian V M

Jan 14, 2017

I like the part where exemplars share their views based on their knowledge and experience.

By Ангелина Ш

Apr 3, 2021

I must point out this is really necessary knowledge to understand the subject of research

By Christsam J

May 22, 2020

It's very simple and direct to the point. The format of the course is pretty interesting.

By PANDYA Y U

Apr 16, 2019

Very much helpful online platform for understanding the concepts of research methodology.

By Nadira A

Mar 29, 2021

GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

By Christine F

Nov 15, 2020

Really helpful and informative. Instructors were clear and I liked the interview format.

By Kevine O

Oct 31, 2020

Very flexible mode of study, I highly recommend this particular course for researchers.

By Yon S u c

Sep 22, 2020

muy bueno. deberian mejorar los textos en ingles para las personas que no hablan imgles.

By Afnan a a

The course is very impressive, and I benefited a lot, thankful and able for your efforts

By Pradeep J B

Sep 24, 2015

Excellent course to know and distinguish different approaches to the research question..

By Harshul S

Jan 25, 2021

It was a informative experience, got to know lot of details and enhanced my perception.

By Jess

Jan 15, 2021

I'm a science student. This course will help beginners in beginning their long journey.

By Lawra S

Sep 21, 2020

This course was really effective and informative. I was able to understand the course.

By Suzanne P

Jul 29, 2020

Very well structured making it easy to follow each weeks materials. Highly recommended.

By EVANGELISTA, E G

Apr 18, 2021

The course is simple, but I learned a lot especially in how to start writing research.

By Venkatraman S

Apr 3, 2021

A very good platform to get good ideas for those who are going to start with research!

By Augustine M

Feb 4, 2021

It is a very good and insightful course. Very engaging and involves critical thinking.

By Michelle D C

Jul 18, 2020

Very informative class! Just the right amount of information and very well presented!