Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG

Jul 27, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB

Sep 10, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

201 - 225 of 1,106 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By VIVEKANAND.V.R

Oct 13, 2017

I found the course and the reading material provided to be very useful. I do highly recommend this to all who are in their early days into research.

By Nguyễn H K

Dec 24, 2019

Very inspiring course I have ever taken, great teachers and great teammates, appreciate the team's efforts for bringing this course into real life.

By Kamyab E

Feb 13, 2019

Great Course with Great Teachers ! Thanks for Improving my Rational Thinking about research topics which I am about to Face in my future education.

By Amadi I P

Jul 30, 2020

I love the assignments and works given. It gave me a general knowledge of Research Methods and how it can be used to make my Research work better!

By Sandjong Y T I

Jun 26, 2020

This course was really interesting and i like how the communicators really got the point of each video. Explanations were very clear and precised.

By Jennifer V

Dec 13, 2017

Una excelente forma de complementar los conocimientos previos sobre los métodos de investigación y su pertinencia en proyectos en curso y futuros.

By Katherine S

Mar 30, 2017

Really loved this course. It was completely understandable and easy to apply to my own project. I only wish there was more to the review function!

By Garima T

May 01, 2020

It is very well organised and the topic is explained properly in the form of interview so that we are able to know the views of different experts

By BALARAM M

Jul 16, 2020

A great understanding from renowned professors around the world. I have learned about research methodology which is highly motivating. Thanks :)

By Sukarna D M

Jun 17, 2019

It is a very interesting course. It helps me to explore and develop the research idea which is hidden in my mind. It makes me a good researcher.

By Uriel L

Aug 02, 2017

Fue un curso muy útil para mi formación académica, me ayudó a aprender bases fundamentales para el desarrollo de una correcta investigación.

By syed r y

Apr 09, 2018

it was a very good course specially being my first course at this coursera program it really helped me develop the basic sense of research.

By NIAZ M

Jul 21, 2020

I'm very much happy that i have been able to complete this course.This course taught me social research very well and in an enjoyable way.

By SOHAM C

Feb 23, 2020

The course has got a very innovative design. It does shows the world the teaching-learning process can be really so simple and effective.

By Tofail A

Jun 09, 2019

Excellent way of learning through a systemic approach by the scholars interviews and documentation. A complete basic research guidelines.

By Batoul E

Apr 22, 2020

Thanks for this well-designed course. I really benefited from it and I will recommend it for other colleagues. All the best from Jordan!

By Sumon A

Jul 13, 2020

Thank you so much for this great opportunity for learning Research Methods. It is a nice course for those who are doing their research.

By Akilla

Jul 06, 2020

I had a great time. I learnt how to understand research methods and how to solve research questions. What a great experience. Thank you

By AIMABLE N

Jun 29, 2020

This course was well planned. I have gained more skills in research methodologies, and this is an added advantage to complete my MPhil.

By Bridjesh P

Apr 06, 2020

The course on Understanding Research Methods has given me confidence and helped me to learn the aspects in doing research from scratch.

By Venilton F

Sep 13, 2017

Excelente curso, uma ótima opção para quem deseja ter uma visão geral (e genérica) sobre os principais métodos de pesquisa científicos.

By BALKIS P

Jun 21, 2020

What an amazing organisation pf material and assignment. Its really worthful. The material that provided is really helpful in future.

By Jeffrey M F

Great course providing a comprehensive overview of research methods and how to use them and assess how they were properly implemented!

By Emily C

Sep 10, 2017

An excellent overview in understanding research methods, definitely helpful for anyone who wants to go into a research-oriented field.

By Beka K

Jul 13, 2017

Soft and light, but very essential and necessary course. I recommend this course to anyone, generally, interested in research methods.