Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG

Jul 27, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB

Sep 10, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

351 - 375 of 1,281 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Rizky I

May 05, 2020

This course is very good for everyone who is interested in knowing more about research methods.

By Amr W A R S

Oct 08, 2019

Amazing course giving me a solid background in research. Many thanks for the team worked on it.

By Karime C J

Sep 06, 2018

Es muy buena la metodologia y el material, ea interesante los puntos de vista de otras personas

By Montes d O A B T

Mar 25, 2018

La base y los pasos para el tema de tu instigación son conocidos por este curso. Lo recomiendo.

By Harish N

Jun 05, 2017

very good course that would be very useful for researchers who are starting their research life

By Naywaz S S

Aug 27, 2020

Very Insightful Course to learn about the new and Enticing things that were really appreciable

By ARVIND B

Jun 13, 2020

Short but very informative Course, will definitely help how to go ahead for research problems.

By SUSHMITHA V

Apr 18, 2020

Yeah itz too good ... actually I learnerd so much from this coursea . So now I can do research

By Danjovert R

Sep 02, 2019

Thanks to Coursera, I able understand the Research method and how to criticize work of others.

By Akshayasomasundaram

Jul 08, 2020

its very useful for us to read . its very interesting. thank you for giving us for opperunity

By Pramod R

Jul 04, 2020

If i get the chance to take this course 1-2 years earlier, my life would have been different.

By Neha G

Jun 21, 2020

Great Learning Journey through State of Art Content Chapters. Thanks for curating wonderfully

By JOSE

Jun 06, 2020

Thank you very much. I enjoyed the course. Very beneficial. I appreciate all people involved.

By MUZAMMIL H

Course content was nicely describe and well structures specially the videos are more help ful

By Sparsha K

Sep 29, 2018

It's a very good course and to be recommended to anyone who has a passion to pursue research.

By Clarissa M P

Sep 04, 2020

I like the course. It is very easy to understand the my peers are kind and very cooperative.

By yuyawin

Jul 10, 2020

This course need for junior researcher or the people who will do the research as first time.

By Asad I H

Jun 23, 2020

The course is well planned and will help understand what it actually means to do a research.

By Aditya R

May 23, 2020

The course was very engaging, and e-ctivity make things understand with hands-on experience.

By Dr. N P P

This course helped me fill gaps in my clarity. I thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience.

By Mukuka B

Mar 11, 2020

This is a great course that will open up your mind to the understanding of research methods.

By Lucas B

Jan 13, 2020

It is a really well structured introduction to this broad subject which is research methods.

By LAIBA A

Jun 14, 2020

This course enhance my knowledge.Thank you coursera to give me such a learning opportunity.

By KAMALUL A B C R

Apr 07, 2020

very good and useful for postgraduate students to enhance their atitude,skill and knowledge

By Alwala H

Sep 26, 2020

Eexcellently designed the course it helped me to set a goal and how to finish my project.