Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG

Jul 27, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB

Sep 10, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

151 - 175 of 509 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Guillermo P L

Dec 28, 2016

Great, interesting!!!

By Keith D

Aug 28, 2016

Very thought provoking course. The online content was well presented, and the supporting reading was highly quality, relevant material that expanded my knowledge on this subject and I am sure it will be really helpful in improving my future research projects and planning. Highly recommended.

By Rajeev P R

Jun 19, 2017

Super

By Zaira M

Aug 03, 2017

excelente curso.

By Proloy B

Mar 15, 2017

I found this course very useful for my PhD program

By mohamud

Jan 05, 2017

the course was very interesting and i have benefited more about understanding research methods it will help me do a good research by applying what i have learnt. thank you so much.

By wqp

Mar 14, 2016

very good!

By ANUJ K R

Jun 27, 2016

Good on line course work in research methodology

By Amitkumar H B

Jul 06, 2018

Interesante.

By Ariana D J P

Jan 09, 2018

Los felicito, me dieron una idea mas clara de que es lo que significa investigar.

By Diego J

Dec 11, 2017

It was a very helpful tool to find. I love the way it was made, simple, and consistent. Nice work and thank you.

By Dr P M

l

y

By Olusola A

Aug 07, 2017

Very good course that summarizes what a new researcher especially needs to know as you enter the world of research. This course helped to build my confidence, and I am hoping to embark on a research program soon. Thanks.

By Caio S M

Jan 07, 2018

I discovered this course at the exact same time that I was starting to compose a research question to pursue the acceptance of a master degree. It has a very easy to follow peace, activities that make sense and the right amount of content. Highly recommended.

By Dr. S Y

Nov 22, 2015

This is an excellent course to understand research methods.

By Marilou M D

Sep 11, 2015

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this class! The lessons challenged me in new ways I never expected!

By Sundar R K

Aug 15, 2015

It's really a very good course. I loved it!!!!!

By Mohamed O S

May 17, 2016

Excellent course for undergraduate students where ever they are!

Thank You so much!

By Venilton F

Sep 13, 2017

Excelente curso, uma ótima opção para quem deseja ter uma visão geral (e genérica) sobre os principais métodos de pesquisa científicos.

By Xenia M

Jul 17, 2017

It was a good and clear course that helped me organize myself and understand better the requierments to do a quality scientific work.

By Eddah K

Jun 26, 2016

This course has given me a new energy to move on with my research. I loved the advice on the need to plan and manage well and to ensure one writes something everyday. Thank you and I look forward for more topics.

By Ijem O

Oct 27, 2016

In learning the precepts of carrying out research and its methods, this course stands me in better stead as a researcher.