Back to Understanding Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Research Methods by University of London

This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at the centre of our endeavours by engaging learners in a range of robust and challenging discussions and exercises befitting SOAS, University of London's status as a research-intensive university and its rich research heritage. The course will appeal to those of you who require an understanding of research approaches and skills, and importantly an ability to deploy them in your studies or in your professional lives. In particular, this course will aid those of you who have to conduct research as part of your postgraduate studies but do not perhaps have access to research methods courses, or for those of you who feel you would like additional support for self-improvement. No prior knowledge or experience in research is required to take this course and as such, the course is for everyone. This MOOC draws on a wealth of existing course material developed to support research training across SOAS, University of London and particularly drawing from the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD). In 2015, the course was nominated for the prestigious Guardian University Award for its innovative approach to online learning. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

AG

Jul 27, 2017

This is wonderful course especially for research scholars, one suggestion is instead of giving articles from books, please provide a PPT which will be more effective ! thank you for wonderful session.

AB

Sep 10, 2019

very good course. The last e-activity was proposal preparation. It will be good if they add something about sampling in reading materials. Very good experience for me.....I will recommend this course

151 - 175 of 1,249 Reviews for Understanding Research Methods

By Balaji A

Mar 13, 2017

Its a wonderful course for all research students and beginners to have a good understanding of research methods and Review of Literature in general. I would endorse this course for all research scholars.

By Linus I

Sep 20, 2020

The best of its' kind in online courses. Highly motivational and innovative. Increased my leaning curiosity. Course materials and video presentations were excellent. Thank to those who made it so good.

By Delma O S M

Jun 27, 2020

Provee las herramientas para entender cuáles son los métodos de investigación y las recomendaciones para realizar una buena investigación. Los compañeros ofrecen sugerencias y comentarios muy valiosos.

By Reecha G

Feb 10, 2020

Such a nice helped me to get a clear idea of how to do a research project. Videos have helped me to get perspectives from different lecturers. Feeling happy about the course. A great course by courseera

By Glen V

Jun 18, 2020

This is very helpful if you want to refresh your ideas about research particularly on the methods used. Thank you Coursera and University of London for bringing this material for free. More power.

By Priyangaa A

Aug 04, 2020

The course is different from the usual lecture-oriented course. The views of different researchers on research methods provides meaningful insight. I enjoyed watching the interviews. Thank you.

By Rivera c

May 15, 2020

understanding research methods are very useful to me. it is a very good approach for all the scholar students who are studied. A very good platform for learning everything. thank you very much.

By Manju P K

Jul 16, 2020

I am very lucky to do the course through coursera. The reading material is and resourses are arranged in an efficient order. Resourceful RPs. Really amazing and wonderful corse arrangement.

By Dr. M Y

Feb 29, 2020

The course was very informative and provides comprehensive information about Research methodology, review of literature and planning to be done for successful completion of proposed research.

By Shirley, Y C

Aug 02, 2020

This is truly a great lesson for a biggner to learn and understand what is about "Research". The 4 -week lessons helped me to build a clear structure for the procedure of a research purpose.

By Novi A T

Jun 30, 2020

This course really helps me understanding how to make a good research project. As a lecturer, it is really helpful and insightful. Thank you very much, especially to the coaches. Keep it up!

By Cesar G G R

Apr 19, 2019

excelente curso,tiene buenas herramientas como vídeos,texto,la información es clara y concisa.

Excelente curso,agradezco mucho la informacion ,me ayudo a centrar los objetivos de mi proyecto.

By Mohammad T R

Apr 13, 2020

It is a useful course and the teaching materials; especially the video lessons are engaging. This course has helped me to improve my research skill. Thanks to the instructors and Coursera.

By Dr. K R

Jul 30, 2019

Highly useful course! It change my attitude towards Research and writing a project proposal. I recommend this course for the students/academicians who are interested in pursuing Research!

By Onkar A

May 13, 2020

very good and to the point course, nothing excess, instructors both simon and yenn are good. All the interviewees also gave very helpful insights on reseaching, Thank you simon and yenn!

By Muhammad F A

Apr 10, 2020

It was really my good experience of online learning, Your video structure well design with proper step. I really understood about research; and now able to start research writing. Thanks

By Dragana A

Jun 17, 2020

Amazing course which will help you navigate through the course of actions with your research. It really helped me understand how it should be done and where should I focus my energy to.

By IkramUllah K

Apr 27, 2020

Exceptionally well organized course. It provides deep insight into complex elements of research methodology like Literature Review. I highly recommend it to students and professionals.

By Adesikeola O

Apr 15, 2020

Great Course. However, the course can be enhanced if it is extended to cover more explanation on;

Analysis of data in mixed-method research

Validity and Reliability of Research Findings

By Lalitha T

Aug 31, 2020

Thanks to the organisers team , i enjoyed very much to know about the reasearch review about a topic...

& I should thank to my peers also to reviewed &discussed in my assignment topic.

By Dr M A S

Jul 06, 2020

The Course gave an insight into the basics of the research methods. This has brought a clarity to me as a teacher and researcher. A good combination of reading, listening and writing.

By ArunPrabu C H

Feb 20, 2020

The course gave me insights into various approaches to research. It also gave me an understanding of different methods to solve a problem. I am happy indeed to have taken this course.

By Mohammed N F

Nov 13, 2019

The course is amazing as it provides a deeper insight into the various nuances of the activities that one needs to take care which carrying out quality research of world class repute.

By Manohar G

Mar 04, 2018

Tis a simple and good module for beginners to plan and understand various strategies in organizing themselves for impactful research and hear tips from various experts in the field..

By Pratheeksha R

Jul 20, 2020

As a new and a beginner as a researcher, this course was extremely helpful. The speakers guide us and give us a clarity in regards with many problems that might occur in the future.