Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA

Jul 20, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM

Sep 26, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

476 - 500 of 598 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Ahmed H H M

Oct 10, 2017

The knowledge are very limited in bootstrap. We need more practical understanding. For example, the code for the advanced navigation is almost completely out of course and we need a lot of personal study to be able to follow up.

By Rutuj R

Jul 13, 2020

The course is well curated and easy to follow.The quizzes and assignments are great way to implement our learning and also helpful in grasping the material.But it could have been even better if it was updated to bootstrap 4.

By Darren S H

Apr 10, 2016

Very nice for theory of responsive design and had a lot of external links that I found very useful. I did this course with "HTML,CSS,JS" course from John hopkins University and it worked amazingly well with each other.

By Estitxu L E

Jan 16, 2018

Very interesting. By the time I took the course Bootstrap 4 had been released but the assignements and examples are still done using Bootstrap 3.

Overall, I'm enjoying the specialization very much. Thank you!

By Antony

Mar 21, 2020

I really enjoyed this class! It would be great to compare and contrast different framework, in additional to Bootstrap. Further, Bootstrap 4.4 has launched. The video on Bootstrap may need to be updated.

By Rajiv K

Jul 07, 2019

The course is very nice for those who wanna understand how to make a webpage responsive. The underlying concepts have explained very well. The knowledge of HTML and CSS is must understand the concepts.

By Viswajeet S

Aug 10, 2020

This course was very helpful for me to develop an understanding and importance of responsive design. I also learnt the basics of Bootstrap 3 like making navigation-bar, responsive tables etc.

By Ricardo S

Oct 06, 2019

The course is really well designed and easy to follow. The instructor is capable and easy to understand.

I wish the course were updated to cover Bootstrap 4, which has been out for long enough

By Kunal A

Aug 25, 2020

The overall course is good and I found the course very helpful and I just want to say that please update the bootstrap portion... it was bootstrap 3 and now today we have bootstrap 4.5

By Fahad K

Sep 27, 2020

The instructor has adequate knwoledge about explaning the things but whatever I have learnt. the instructor didn't do any practicle/real-world examples that why we learnt these skills

By Hossam A

Mar 21, 2020

Firstly i thank you all to this good material , and i give my appreciate and thanks to Ph,Dr. Colleen van Lent.

And its very useful to me to learn this course .

By Bovonrajt P

Jul 28, 2019

Good concept, example, and assignment to make me more understand about Styling with Responsive Design. It will perfect if I can learn more about bootstrap 4 that is the newer.

By Simran B

May 08, 2020

To learn about responsive designs and why it is important is all provided in this course.It imparts us with greater understanding of how media queries and bootstrap works.

By Víctor M R

Sep 15, 2017

It is a good course, great for those who are goingo to work mainly with Bootstrap. I missed more responsive design techniques for those who wants to code by themselves.

By Ceferino V I

Apr 13, 2016

Covers the basics pretty well. This should leave you with a good understanding of what responsive design is. The Bootstrap exercises help greatly in providing that.

By Gerhard B

Mar 29, 2016

A great course within this spezialization. Great teaching skills!

But the assignments are only optional and the peer review is sometimes a little weak.

By Mugdha B

Sep 30, 2020

Really great course with a lovely instructor and awesome material. But I think I was looking for a bit more in depth responsive website coding.

By Pratyush R R

Jul 23, 2020

It was an awesome journey learning new stuff about web design and development especially learning how to make your website platform friendly.

By Luis A Z A

Apr 10, 2019

Excelente información y muy buena la enseñanza de la instrucctora. Solo me gustaría un poco más de detalles en las explicaciones. Saludos

By Kedar S W

Jun 28, 2020

This should be updated to the current bootstrp 4 version which is already available. Rest all the concepts are very well explained!

By Mohammed A O

Apr 25, 2018

It was a great course, I liked the way that doctor colleen teached theis course ... really it was was a great experience , thanks

By Rushabh S B

Jun 19, 2020

Nice course & its content but need more about Bootstrap. As the content it is just like introduction to it & how to use it.

By Orlando G

Nov 20, 2019

Lacks advanced exercises in some cases but it covers pretty well the most important CSS concepts for responsive web design.

By Laxmikant M K

May 05, 2020

the use of latest bootstrap 4 is absent in this course. teaching to the hands-on to bootstrap could have been real better

By Mohamed F

Aug 24, 2016

the course is great but this is a little work as colleen says our hands didn't get dirty a lot but i really like it a lot