Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA
Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM
Sep 25, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

726 - 736 of 736 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Lokesh N

Apr 28, 2020

Could have been better and the course is outdated

By M K K

Jun 13, 2020

Very easy to learn expecting more stuff

By Khaled A A

Nov 26, 2016

It could have been more in depth.

By David F

Jul 24, 2021

Bootstrap content is outdated

By Samantha S N

Aug 24, 2017

the course is out dated.

By ARKOPRAVO D

Jun 26, 2020

not very illustrative

Apr 22, 2021

The first 3 courses in this 5 course program are great. I do not recommend the last two. With RWD: I had to re-teach myself Bootstrap to get through Week 3, (its April 2021 as I write), and set aside almost all of the lecture material. I am not going to bother with the capstone course as users are already complaining about how it is outdated and insufficiently supported. And now I intend to exit from this entire program, as I have lost confidence in the program as a whole, and I do not need your certificates. I found an applied arts program that teaches up to date graphic design for user interface and I intend to go there next. The first three courses deserve a better ending! Sorry to be so definitive and critical, but I am paying for Coursera and there is a cost to being frustrated by outdated material when I am ready to learn a lot more. We are still in Covid lockdown and so feelings of frustration are particularly unwelcome.

By Anastasiia P

Aug 11, 2020

I think you should seriously consider changing the speaker of this Specialization, as I can't bare to watch any video, because of unmotivated speaker and I just read the transcript provided by Coursera, but it should not be that way

By Dhara D

Jun 13, 2020

Completed all 4 courses still unable to start the capstone, after 2 days my subscription ends. I cant pay again. Do help, I have worked so hard to complete this course fast.

By Mateo V R

Nov 25, 2020

why like why i don't need this js and css are made for styling

Dec 16, 2021