Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA

Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM

Sep 25, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

126 - 150 of 769 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Yasir F

Aug 30, 2020

was useful.

By Fabrice K N

Nov 11, 2016

Am done but I still need to repeat this, the content was challenging to me, otherwise great course.

By Milan a

Jul 16, 2020

wonderful course.great instructor .way of teaching is very nice.informative and very useful course

By C T

Apr 8, 2016

Clear explanation and well presented course. Covers the basics of the bootstrap grid system well.

By Matthew H

Dec 12, 2022

Great course. Really made me think about how to properly design a website with the user in mind.

By Summan A

Nov 30, 2020

I get a lot of Knowledge from this course and to be very confident after getting a certificate

By Sümeyra B

Jan 12, 2018

It was an awesome experience for me. It was very encouraging. I loved the optional interviews.

By Ashutosh K

Apr 3, 2017

Its just awesome and have covered all that i need to know to continue designing my ow website.

By Daniel

Dec 9, 2021

Enjoyed the introduction to Bootstrap. Some part are a little outdated but the idea is there.

By Krushna J

Aug 4, 2020

It's a nice course, if you want to understand more on web design you should take this course

By Charissa

Mar 22, 2018

I've learned a lot through this course. You must practice coding to get the most out of it.

Jul 29, 2020

This course has been a well versed with resources that helped me learn responsive desiign .

By Jonathan P

Dec 1, 2020

This class is awesome. Colleen is awesome. Only wish I would've take this a few years ago.

By Neisy W

Aug 16, 2016

Excellent Course!! I really loved the last part with the interviews.Thank you very much!!!

By Olga L

Oct 22, 2021

This course was exactly what I needed to improve my responsive design skills! Thank you!

By VIBHANSHU G

May 6, 2020

The course is awesome! I have learnt many things in this course. Thanks! to Mrs. Colleen.

By Seif E M

Jul 20, 2020

Very good course and very well explanation for every important thing from the instructor

By Aracely m b

Jan 16, 2021

It was great, the topics were very important and necessary for the front-end developer.

By Anubhav P

Jun 7, 2020

This is really a great course, it really helped me to take another step towads my goal.

By Piotr O

Oct 3, 2016

Very good structure, proper pace and informative. Examples are explained and discussed.

By Abir M

Sep 11, 2021

This is really a very good course. I got to know about bootstrap in a much better way.

By Vidisha M

Jun 25, 2020

Wow! Thank you so much. I am ready for the next and last course in the specialisation.

By HARSH U

Jun 19, 2020

It was great. Thank you for making me understand the concepts of responsive design. :)

By Hestia

May 3, 2020

Inspiring course with useful materials attached under each video. Highly recommended.

By Elizabeth F

Nov 27, 2021

Fascinating and very informative course. Makes you want to keep going to learn more.