Back to Roman Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Roman Architecture by Yale University

Roman Architecture is a course for people who love to travel and want to discover the power of architecture to shape politics, society, and culture....

CA
Jul 1, 2020

Professor Kleiner has been an amazing guide. There is nothing that she dint teach us with all her heart. She had put in extra efforts in shaping this course very well.. Glad to be your student.

JA
Jun 2, 2020

An engaging and very interesting course, great for learners or people familiar with Roman architecture. Presented very clearly and in an easy way to understand. I highly recommend this course.

51 - 75 of 178 Reviews for Roman Architecture

By Dave S

Apr 15, 2020

This is a brilliant course. Diana Kleiner is inspirational, and her knowledge, experience and enthusiasm are infectious. I have been to Rome many times and to Pompeii twice, so had some pre-knowledge of the buildings and the history. However, my next trip will be as soon as possible and much more valuable thanks to this comprehensive and engaging set of lectures. Thank you.

By Carla v K

Aug 12, 2020

Professor Kleiner's Roman Architecture was a fascinating exploration into Roman building and construction styles spanning 1,000 years. I am lucky enough to call Rome home and see many of the monuments discussed in this course on a daily basis. After taking this course I feel as if I have a whole new, visual vocabulary for the beauty that surrounds me.

By Kathy B

I so thoroughly enjoyed this course with Dr Kleiner. She is an excellent lecturer - clear, concise and interesting. She loves Ancient Rome and will Inspire you to visit or revisit Rome. I wish I had the knowledge in this class before I ever visited Rome and the Roman Empire, but I look forward to traveling there with new eyes. Thank you Dr. Kleiner!

By Ganesh M

Apr 5, 2020

It is a course that with provide a lot of Roman architecture details, creates the opportunity to inquiry in a deep way themes like chronology, history, differences between periods, constructions and buildings in Rome and Colonies, let us to continue researching.

Thanks coursera and professor Diana E.E Kleiner

By Brunda S

Sep 21, 2020

Amazing course! The way professor Kleiner teaches is so great. She makes everything interesting. Wish she was my professor at my university. I have thoroughly enjoyed her lectures.

Although I wish the monument list was included for the paid online version. Other than that,im so happy i took this course.

By Patricia R M

Apr 22, 2018

Excellent course on Roman architecture masterfully explored by the fantastic teacher Diana Kleiner. Recommend for all those interested in this wonderful civilization that greatly contributed to our culture and civilization and whose great achievements and achievements continue to amaze even today.

By Anastasija R

Dec 11, 2017

I am still doing this course (4th week), however I am already in love with the material, that Diana wants us to understand. The way she tells it is more than comprehensive. This course makes me fall in love with the ancient Roman architecture and art. Thank you! Best regards! Anastassia Rossman

By Raul J P

Dec 31, 2020

An exceptional course. Very well structured, the instructor is a real expert on Ancient Roman Architecture and history. I enjoyed it very much, if professor Diana E. E. Kleiner had any other course I certainly would take it. Thank you very much for the effort put in preparing your course Diana.

By İsmail Ö S

Sep 14, 2020

It was a great experience to took a look of Roman Empire with Prof. Diana E.E. Kleiner. Her fluent lecture taught me architecture of Roman period not only in Italy but around the world. The lessons were enjoyable and the assignments were good experiences in terms of writing and research skills.

By Renato H C

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent professor, excellent images, excellent ways of evaluating your learning experience. I enjoyed very bit of it. It helped me remember lots of bits and pieces of the History of Rome, but through a more graphic approach. I was able to advance at my own pace, which made things easier.

By NESTOR D S

Jun 1, 2020

Las clases de la Prof. Kleiner fueron interesantes, completas, enriquecedoras. Muchas gracias a ella y a los organizadores por el modo en que llevaron adelante el curso. Una mención particular va hecha a la originalidad de la evaluación mediante la creación de nuestra ciudad romana ideal.

By Pir M K C

May 13, 2020

Excellant Course. Designing your own city and assignments ensure effective learning. Professor style reinforces concepts giving you a holistic picture of Roman Architecture. This course would encourage you to learn about other styles of architecture to compare with Roman Architecture.

By Raimundo B d S

Apr 6, 2019

This course is simply sensational. I am discovering unimaginable things and I have much to thank the teacher of the course and the Coursera for the opportunity. With little time of course I became a happier person, with better expectations and believing much more in the future.

By Anna V

Jan 5, 2021

The best decision of 2020 was to take this course. The professor Kleiner's passion made me fall in love with Roman architecture and this will in me for my whole life. I'm prepared to watch it again and again in the future to feel all of this pleasure again! Highly recommend!

By Cristhian M G P

Dec 30, 2020

Como estudiante de arquitectura, debo decir que me pareció un maravilloso curso, y en especial debo dar gracias a la maestra Diana Kleiner por su notable pasión por la enseñanza y conocimientos que sin duda es de los puntos altos que he encontrado en esta plataforma.

By Julia F d B

Aug 30, 2020

This is my first time taking a course on Roman Architecture and I found it very accessible and engaging. Professor Kleiner has composed a set of lectures that is organized, comprehensive and to the point. It was a real joy to see her teaching!

By Varun N

Brilliant; though I have no back ground of Architecture (I am a lover of Roman history), I was surprised that Prof Kleiner made the concepts and terms so easy for beginners like me.

Definitely looking for more courses from professor on Rome.

By Kristie C

Jan 14, 2021

I very much enjoyed this course. The instructor did an outstanding job with the lessons - her knowledge of the topic is amazing, and she articulate the material in a very easy and understandable way. I would recommend this course highly.

By Clara H

Apr 15, 2021

Gracias por dar acceso a informacion tan importante y valiosa entregada a nosotros por eminencias como Profesor Diana Kleiner de universidades tan prestigiosas como Yale.

Lo disfrute demasiado y lo seguire repitiendo cuanto sea posible

By ANTONIO V

Jun 9, 2020

El curso merece la máxima puntuación, tanto por su contenido académico, por la forma de impartirlo por la profesora Kleiner y por su aspecto técnico con las exposiciones en vídeo y la posibilidad de subtítulos en español. Gracias.

By Heather 3

Jun 23, 2020

This class was so engaging. The teacher was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The assignments were actually fun to do and I can't wait to share my new knowledge with my own high school AP art history students next school year.

By ZHANG J

Mar 20, 2021

it is a really nice lesson about historical architecture, I have learned a lot about ancient Roman, not only the architecture skills but also social development, which is really useful for my further study in architecture.

By rob l

Jan 1, 2020

Really wonderful stuff. It really heightened our understanding of Roman architecture on the ground. We went recently and hunted down new, to us, buildings after many previous trips to Rome. Thank you so much.

By Camila V

Jun 1, 2020

It was a very great experience, I decited to take the course to make the lock down more fun, It was more than I expected, I'm an architect and I feel I've learned much more than I saw in university. Thanks!

By Andrew M

Apr 24, 2019

Very good information about ancient Rome and the architecture. There were things I've learned that I didn't know before, and I lived in Rome , for one semester, while studying for a degree in Architecture.