Back to Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin by University of California, Santa Cruz

In this course, Peter Kenez, Professor Emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, explains the events of modern Russian history and introduces its most significant actors—from Vladimir Lenin to Vladimir Putin....

RS
Sep 14, 2020

I found that course had a central theme, the incompatibility of the Communist structures with an increase in the standard of living, that was well documented from the time of Lenin to that of Putin.

MM
Apr 13, 2020

I recommend anyone interested in this period of Russian history to take the course. Professor Kenez is an authority on the period and delivers an excellent overview of the time.

176 - 200 of 217 Reviews for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

By Richard B

Dec 22, 2020

Fantastic course. The quiz questions throughout are not date/detail specific like other courses and focus on assessing your understand. Love the final essay to bring everything together. Highly recommended.

By Avi D

Mar 2, 2021

The course was very interesting and I feel I learnt a lot.

but, I found it uncomfortable that in most of the lectures- videos, the professor was shot in a profile to me and not looking straight forward.

By Fabiola S

Oct 27, 2020

Realmente disfruté mucho de este curso, los vídeos eran interesantes y la forma de explicar del profesor ayuda mucho a amar la historia y lo que él nos está contando. Me encantó, lo recomiendo mucho :)

By Javier B

Apr 27, 2021

This is an amazing course. Professor Kenez is a really outstanding teacher and he makes justice to one of the most controversial and complex topics of the XX centuty. Also, the music is dope.

By Tales M

Aug 31, 2020

This is the coolest, most intresting history course I've ever taken on Coursera. I would junt live more bibliographical material during the course. But it was incredible

By MariaGlotova

Jun 11, 2021

Thank you very much for the course! I was astonished by your deep and sincere interest to our country and culture and the way you understand and feel Russian people.

By Cristina C

Jan 5, 2021

Prof. Kenez is an amazing teacher. I learnt a lot with this course. Finally, these classes make you reflect on Russian History but in human condition too.

By Cristina M

Sep 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Kenez taught me very interesting topics, as my knowledge of Russian history was very poor. Thank you Porfessor!

By Abha M

Feb 24, 2021

Well presented and interesting- a good learning, though I had to read the translation as recording was not clear.Transaltion could be better.

By SANTIAGO H M

Sep 28, 2020

Muy interesante toda la historia de Rusia. En cada personaje y epoca que fueron transcurriendo. Una felicitacion al Profesor Peter Kenez.

By Peter L A M

May 17, 2021

Great overview. Clarified many concepts that were previously unclear or unknown. Especially useful to understand current Putin regime.

By Georgia T

Dec 19, 2020

An excellent brief History lesson about the contemporary Russian History. Great teacher. Fully satisfied. I strongly recommend it !

By miri m

Dec 21, 2020

Fue un curso muy enriquecedor, conducido admirablemente, de forma clara, concisa, pausada, el resultado ha sido genial, gracias

By Luis A L B

Mar 11, 2021

This course has been very interesting and productive. And it helps to understand the situation of the current era of Russia.

By Alessandro R d N

Oct 12, 2020

Excellent course! Do not be fooled by having three weeks of lectures as the course is very busy and will require dedication.

By Evelina P

Dec 10, 2020

Amazing instructor,very interesting lectures and the language used very easy for foreign students as myself. Thank you!

By Léandre O

Apr 8, 2020

Great course, great professor transmitting passion and interest. It was a pleasure to watch the videos.

By Esmeralda C G

Mar 22, 2021

This course has great content and really accomplishes its purpose: empathize with the Russian people.

By Ccbrundage

Jul 10, 2021

​Very helpful. It was interesting to be presented with a view from Russian eyes to some degree.

By Raheen G

Oct 21, 2020

I would to like to thanks to your team to upload this course. It is very understanding.

By catherine b

Jan 25, 2021

Fantastic course. Professor Kenez presents the material clearly and interestingly.

By YADU S

May 7, 2021

I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in Russian history.

By Elena M V

Jan 18, 2021

Thanks Peter! I took this course for plain old fun and thoroughly enjoyed it!

By Johanna B

Feb 15, 2021

What a great course! Thank you Professor Kenez! You are an inspiration!