Back to Safety in the Utility Industry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Safety in the Utility Industry by University at Buffalo

This course arms you with basic utility industry safety knowledge. You will be educated about personal protective equipment, fire safety, hazardous materials and their symbols. You will gain insights to recognize the importance of a safe work environment. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the third course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

MS
Dec 1, 2019

It's a great course. I've learned a lot here. I've learned how to protect Myself while working from electrical hazards or other hazards. I've learned how to protect workers if you're an employer.

AT
Jun 8, 2020

This course has given me a lot of knowledge about how important role of ""safety in the utility industry ""in our industries .\n\nVery helpful and useful and important course forever .

76 - 100 of 341 Reviews for Safety in the Utility Industry

By Ahmed M A

Oct 22, 2020

It was a great content, it had covered the most important issues in electrical and non electrical hazards protections, and it was really important to learn such course because it is very helpful to whom work in Engineering industries.

By Manosh C H

Dec 28, 2020

In this course, I learned about various safety regulatory industries and their roles to ensure safety in the utility industry. Overall, it was informative and a great opportunity.

By Habibor R M

Sep 23, 2020

The fantastic course I have complited. I have understood in which way peoples enrich their thinking ability by taking course. Thank you COURSERA.

By Yagnik P

Sep 17, 2020

Very nicely arranged topics, Each and every topic has its own importance. very well explained and videos and graphics are very useful. Thank You.

By Megah G C

Sep 16, 2020

This course helps me improve my knowledge about safety in the utility industry. I want to thank especially Mr. Stempniak for doing a great job.

By Priya R

Sep 10, 2020

This course helped me to understand the safety precautions need to be adopted in an industry.Thank you to the course organizers.

By Rakesh P

Sep 3, 2020

It's the best course I ever learnt. It will let u know each and every information regarding Safety in the industries.

By Galal A A

Aug 30, 2020

it was amazing course with amazing teacher .i have learned loads of things from the safety course.

By Sanjukta G

Jul 8, 2020

This is best course that I've learned. Professor voice is clear and told all details about safety in the industry.

By Daniel S

May 2, 2020

Muy interesante y adecuado a mi trabajo, aunque las legislaciones no coincidan me resultó extraordinariamente útil

By Kasuntha M

Nov 7, 2020

Great course to mold your knowledge if you're willing to work in a plant or process related industry. Thank you

By OLAIYA H

Apr 10, 2020

I really appreciate the course is an eye opening for me to many things as safety is concern in utility industry

By Alexander J

Aug 24, 2020

Great explanation about health and safety, looking forward for new courses updates about this kind of things

By moharifr

Aug 11, 2020

Exceptional!

The course delivered is exceptional. Thank you to the team and Coursera, the best online course!

By Anurag V

It is very helpful those who are related to utility industries and is helpful in incresing safety standards.

By SAURABH M

Apr 14, 2020

Very good course.

Will recommend to do this course for person who are involved in utility and energy sectors.

By Sudharshan T R

Aug 27, 2020

This is a very useful Course for the students who are all interested in the safety programs and procedures.

By Rishabh S

Apr 30, 2020

Important course , 2nd Week and 3rd Week are much important to understand the safety tools used in industry

By Nofri W C

Sep 17, 2020

I'm the top of my class at the institute, and i'm well-informed of the latest research going on my field.

By Kakade R R

it course was very helpful for me at these moment also for later.. I'll teach about it to others also

By PAVAN K S

Apr 30, 2020

This is very good course in Safety for those who are working in energy or any other utility industry.

By RITESH S

May 15, 2020

This course is good and helps the person to gain enough knowledge about the safety in the industry.

By AJAS A K

Jun 18, 2020

you will get almost all aspects of industrial safety in the utility industry as well as in general

By shrish K

The instructor did a great job in covering the course material. "I love and thanks to your class."

By Sathyanathan P

Apr 24, 2020

Got More Knowledge in Safety procedures in Industries.... Thanks to the Instructor Richard....