Back to Getting Started with SAS Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with SAS Programming by SAS

This course is for users who want to learn how to write SAS programs to access, explore, prepare, and analyze data. It is the entry point to learning SAS programming for data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. It is a prerequisite to many other SAS courses. By the end of this course, you will know how to use SAS Studio to write and submit SAS programs that access SAS, Microsoft Excel, and text data. You will know how to explore and validate data, prepare data by subsetting rows and computing new columns, analyze and report on data, export data and results to other formats, use SQL in SAS to query and join tables. Prerequisites: Learners should have experience using computer software. Specifically, you should be able to understand file structures and system commands on your operating systems and access data files on your operating systems. No prior SAS experience is needed....

HH
Jul 16, 2020

Provides an amazing foundation in SAS as a programmer/data analyst! It covers a lot of important topics to get you started using SAS in real world. It exceeded my expectations, highly recommend it!

BM
Feb 20, 2019

This course offers a solid foundation to anyone who is interested in beginning to use SAS. I have found the demos, activites and practices to be fairly easy yet still required me to use my brain.

376 - 400 of 413 Reviews for Getting Started with SAS Programming

By Esther B

Mar 9, 2021

In the beginning we were given an option of what software to download, SAS University or SAS OnDemand. Midway to the course, I realized it wasn't really an option but the later software was preferred. With the exception of this bump, the course was very well taught and provided great information for a beginner like myself. The instructor was great and responded to my concerns immediately. I did learn a lot and would recommend it to anyone willing to give it a try.

By Ateka A

Jan 5, 2020

The course was an excellent beginning in learning SAS and I hope to continue with the next course in SAS. The demos and activities given definitely helped me to become more comfortable with SAS programming language. The biggest negative was the difficulty in accessing SAS studio during the shutdown which went from 4 days to 10 days.

By Melinda C

Feb 15, 2021

I find the summary PDF document present towards the end of each week to be quite valuable. The usefulness of some of them can be enhanced to include more specifics examples for options available (or least include the ones taught during the course) for the different procedure statements or statements within the procedures.

By Arrey-Takor A

Jan 19, 2020

This course was great! I love the material was presented and taught. The only thing I wish was different the format of the weekly quizzes. I would've liked for them to be similar to practice ones, where we have to write or edit code to obtain results, as opposed to just being multiple choice.

By Mayank T

Apr 21, 2020

The course provided a good platform by providing insight into SAS and its basic structure which will help in further deepening our knowledge

By Diego J

Oct 27, 2020

Excellent organization and very clear in delivery of concepts. may be improved with further reference to the SAS Documentation more often.

By Ye F

Nov 19, 2020

It's good, clear tongue and explaining things clearly. Fundamental and basic knowledge of SAS if that's what a learner keen to know.

By Palak S

Apr 27, 2020

This course helped me in the syntactical understanding of SAS. After, this course, now I am able to write SAS Codes. Thank you..!!

By Michael

Nov 13, 2019

The course was well balanced with exercises and teaching. I enjoyed it, looking forward for the next course

By Michael K

Feb 25, 2019

This course gives a decent overview of the language, but you will only learn trivial operations on data.

By Anisha K

Apr 4, 2019

Found the course very helpful for a beginner who didn't know absolutely anything about SAS programming.

By Skirmantas G

Jun 4, 2020

The material started to become difficult to digest after week 5. Everything else was amazing.

By Sanket K

Feb 23, 2021

The reading to material that we can save after each week can have more details & examples

By 泓原 藍

Jul 13, 2019

It's better to learn PROC SQL at beginning, cause it's really a useful syntax!

By leventalahan

May 6, 2020

I gave 4 stars because of the minor unclarities I entangled during quizzes.

By Komal K R

Jul 23, 2020

Great programming for data analysis and creating reports ,analyzing.

By Karthika M S

Jun 10, 2020

Excellent learning platform and well-structured course.

By XIAOXIAO C

Oct 27, 2019

helpful a lot, but i wish to have more practices

By Sarbani B

Jul 10, 2020

enjoyed doing the course, easily understandable

By Jochen G

Apr 1, 2021

Nice and slow paced start to SAS programming.

By Hector R R S R

Sep 14, 2020

Thanks it help me get fundamental knowledge

By Harshkumar R D

Aug 19, 2020

amazing course,best way to learn sas

By Walter F

Mar 23, 2020

good course, many exercises.

By KIRTI B

Nov 28, 2020

I really loved this course

By tabrej a