Back to Getting Started with SAS Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with SAS Programming by SAS

This course is for users who want to learn how to write SAS programs to access, explore, prepare, and analyze data. It is the entry point to learning SAS programming for data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. It is a prerequisite to many other SAS courses. By the end of this course, you will know how to use SAS Studio to write and submit SAS programs that access SAS, Microsoft Excel, and text data. You will know how to explore and validate data, prepare data by subsetting rows and computing new columns, analyze and report on data, export data and results to other formats, use SQL in SAS to query and join tables. Prerequisites: Learners should have experience using computer software. Specifically, you should be able to understand file structures and system commands on your operating systems and access data files on your operating systems. No prior SAS experience is needed....

DG
Nov 13, 2021

Excellent! This class was super well constructed with great activities and demos in SAS Studio. The instructor was wonderful at explaining everything as well. I learned a lot and really enjoyed it.

HH
Jul 16, 2020

Provides an amazing foundation in SAS as a programmer/data analyst! It covers a lot of important topics to get you started using SAS in real world. It exceeded my expectations, highly recommend it!

26 - 50 of 484 Reviews for Getting Started with SAS Programming

By Kevin Y

Nov 11, 2018

This is a great and fun course, especially for someone who wants to learn SAS programming. By completing this course, I feel that I have a solid basic foundation in SAS programming. In my opinion, the course is easy-to-follow, and presents the key materials in appropriate chunks.

By Caesar K O

Sep 23, 2019

This course was very interesting from someone using another analytical tool as STATA. Creating summary statistics, graphs and reports in MS Excel, RTF and PDF were very good and are areas I will explore more for creating automated reports. Excellent examples by the tutor.

By Kin M K L

May 14, 2020

The course is good. The explanation and demo are very clear and useful. The quiz and assignment after each chapter help me to enhance the understanding of each topic. There are lots of details to memorize. The course is well designed. Thanks for the teacher.

By Zenglin C

Apr 9, 2020

Stacey is an amazing lecturer. She teaches clearly with exactly the information I need, not too much, not too little. I managed to finish this course within 3 days passing all quizzes at first try. Thanks for giving me the confidence to start my new job.

By Danielle B

Mar 25, 2019

This course was amazing! I feel very confident with the foundation of SAS Programming skills I've obtained from this course, and I am able to use SAS to perform analysis that was previously cumbersome and tedious. I cannot recommend this course enough!

By ClaireWei

Sep 3, 2019

A good course that is suitable to the beginner of SAS.I am a new graduation and start my career as a SAS programmer in a medical CRO.This course help me smoothly get the access to my first job.I really recommend this course to all the beginner of SAS.

By Brian U

May 10, 2019

This course is a great introduction to SAS. The presentation of the material was extremely effective: short videos alternating with exercises and quizzes. I never felt overwhelmed because I was able to practice coding techniques as I learned them.

By Adrian M

Apr 29, 2021

Highly efficient course. I had lots of programming experience beforehand, but no SAS experience. I can recommend this course to anybody (also people who have no programming experience) who wants to learn SAS in an efficient way. Thanks a lot.

By Shreyas G

Oct 3, 2020

An excellent course that has short videos with concise information. At no point was I bored or lost my attention because of the brevity in the course design. I was also provided with a great foundation for the start of my professional career.

By ConquerV

Aug 26, 2019

Amazing introduction to the SAS analytic tool kit. Well designed courses with segmented and modulated videos and hands-on practice. Completing all the practice exercise will give you the edge to fully familiarize with the materials covered!

By Anuka R

Aug 17, 2021

Great course on SAS. I would highly recommend it, It wont take much time to finish but just like any programming language one requires lots of practice for syntax to stick, I took detailed notes and it helped me a lot for my own projects.

By rajat k

Jul 11, 2020

This has been an exceptional course and I have put my heart and soul in to it. Primarily because I want to increase my skills. The course gave great ideas to do just that. Now I look ahead to an engaging online experience with friends.

By Sunil

May 4, 2020

It's a great course. I have minimal to no knowledge n programming but the course is well structured in a way that it helps to learn step by step and activities play a key role in understanding the reason for every step to be inputted.

By Dharma K

Dec 29, 2020

I am really impressed with the way this class is setup. It was impressive to see that class setup is done using SAS, there is no better way to start the class. I had no issues with any of the activities and class is very well paced.

By Karan G

Mar 27, 2019

This is an exceptional introduction to SAS programming. Anyone who is wishing to start out with SAS must definitely take this course. It will set one on a great path to immense learning. Thanks for offering this course.

By Soumya S M

Jun 5, 2020

This is a great course and I have been able to learn all the basics and a few advanced techniques in SAS programming. This is just the foundation for now but I am confident of using these skills in my day to day work.

By Christine T

Jun 13, 2020

Very good overview of SAS programming! Instructions, demos and exercises were very helpful in mastering the language. Quizes help a lot to evaluate understanding. This makes learning more dynamic over the internet.

By Anna f

Sep 17, 2021

This course really lays the foundation for SAS and SQL. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, and I have learned quite a lot. Thanks for such a great experience and for using your time to share your knowleadge with us.

By Oluwakemi A

Apr 27, 2020

I recommend this course for anyone who is just starting to learn SAS. You don't need to have any prior knowledge of SAS programming. This course will take from novice to intermediate in no time! Loved it!

By Desrae G

Nov 14, 2021

By Erick G O

Feb 16, 2021

Wonderful introduction to SAS. I already have working experience with it, but lacked the foundations. Now that I know them, I feel like - eureka! - I should have done that (work task) like this.

By Tom W

Mar 5, 2021

This was an excellent introduction to SAS programming. All presentations and exercises were very well thought out and executed. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to learn SAS.

By Christina L G

Nov 8, 2020

Easy to understand even if you don't have (a lot of) experience with SAS/programming. Explaining the whole basics of the matter. This course is very useful for anybody who wants to learn SAS.

By Suhaimi C

Mar 30, 2021

Great course and awesome instructor. Learned a lot about some SAS capabilities, syntaxes, and others. Highly recommend this course if you would like to start getting to know SAS programming.

By Lauren B

Jul 26, 2020

I feel I now have a solid understanding of most of the basics of SAS. If you're planning on taking this course, I highly suggest printing out the review pages and annotating as you go along.